Welcome, Guest

Whatever it takes..
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Whatever it takes.. 1976 Views

Whatever it takes.. 27 Jun 2019 03:36 #341966

• guidanceseeker
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all, I have been on the site for awhile now but mainly reading the various threads and chatting with folks.I have been using GYE since I really committed myself to break free from this struggle for the last 6 months.I have spoken to really some amazing people who were even kind enough to get on the phone a few times and give me some good advice( I wont call you out here) but thank you!!

Just reading all the posts from everyone has given me so much hope and inspiration about the possibility of one day winning this battle. Every person here has the ability to not only break free from this struggle but to inspire others to do the same and that is very powerful.

Today marks day 30 for me so I told myself it was time to start my own thread when I hit that mark. I have previously had 6+ streaks of 10 days the last 6 days but only once getting to 30. this time I have added an accountability partner that I text each day, this had been a huge help for me. I am so grateful to have found this site, and wish everyone hatzlacha in their struggle.

Re: Whatever it takes.. 30 Jun 2019 23:55 #342021

Glad to see you've started your own thread on the forum now! Keep doing what your doing, connecting and chatting with the fine folks here and you'll be well on your way to 90!

Keep in mind I do have a head start 

Re: Whatever it takes.. 31 Jul 2019 03:54 #342614

• guidanceseeker
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
so today is day 0 (again), streak is over after 62 days. I'm not one to sit her and look at that as an accomplishment. I know I need to refocus and dedicate myself to beating this but right now I just don't have much fight in me. 

Re: Whatever it takes.. 31 Jul 2019 11:37 #342619

• gye5770
  • Current streak: 139 days
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you for being honest. Me too am starting again at 0 today, but now i have decided to take it serious - once again - and really surrender to god whenever i feel overwhelmed be it with stress at work or at home and i am also doing the 12 step programm every day even just a few minutes - i hope and know if i take serious then Hashem will do the rest.

Re: Whatever it takes.. 31 Jul 2019 12:10 #342620

• oyf
  • Current streak: 379 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I also had a nice 4 week streek, but fell again today is day 2 in a new cycle... 
I hope to have much more surrender of my lust as I cannot handle any at all. 
​Just a bit in my system and I'm on my way.....

Re: Whatever it takes.. 31 Jul 2019 13:14 #342622

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
guidanceseeker wrote on 31 Jul 2019 03:54:
so today is day 0 (again), streak is over after 62 days. I'm not one to sit her and look at that as an accomplishment. I know I need to refocus and dedicate myself to beating this but right now I just don't have much fight in me. 

That is a great accomplishment!  Don't let the Y'H get you down.  Just get right back into the fight.  It's a long battle with a lot of ups and downs.  Was there a specific reason why you fell?  Anyway to put necessary gedarim to prevent it from happening again?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes