Welcome, Guest

Going back to old behaviours
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Going back to old behaviours 2517 Views

Going back to old behaviours 13 May 2019 17:50 #341102

• david26fr
  • Gold Boarder
Hello all,

I am on GYE since some years.

After some good periods of sobriety (I managed to stay clean for one entire year), all the barriers that I built are falling piece by piece... And I am seeing it.
The falls are becoming more frequent, and more severe...

What's happening ? I thinked that I was on the good path to recovery :/

I don't want to come back to my old behaviours, when I was falling every week, and to destruct all the good that I have around me

Re: Going back to old behaviours 13 May 2019 18:01 #341104

• ColinColin
  • Current streak: 622 days
  • Platinum Boarder
None of us can tell you why you are falling.
You have to step back and see if there is extra stress in your life or unfulfilled ambition, or work problems.
Any of these can cause the fall.

The message though is, that even though you stayed clean for a year, which is a brilliant achievement by the way....all of us on here must take things day by day for the rest of our lives.
We can never rest on our laurels.
Last Edit: 14 May 2019 15:57 by ColinColin.

Re: Going back to old behaviours 13 May 2019 18:16 #341106

• david26fr
  • Gold Boarder
ColinColin wrote on 13 May 2019 18:01:
You have to step back and see if there is extra stress in your life or unfulfilled ambition, or work problems.
Any of these can cause the fall.

I think this could be the point.
I got extra stress in the last weeks because of some difficult problems in my life.

The interesting point : I manage to deal with the stress on the moment, at his higher point But the fall can eventually happen a few days later.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes