Welcome, Guest

How the Bris saved a child in the Titanic
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: How the Bris saved a child in the Titanic 1709 Views

How the Bris saved a child in the Titanic 11 Feb 2019 20:34 #338903

• yeshivaboy555
  • Current streak: 62 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I imagine that you will know the tragic history of titanic. I also imagine that you will not know the Jewish history of the Titanic.
On April 10, 1912, Samuel Aks, his wife Leah and their baby Philip, embarked in the port of Southampton the majestic ship Titanic, whose motto was: Even G-d cannot sink it.
On the tragic night of the 14th, the Titanic collided with an iceberg, leading to its sinking. They were 3rd class passengers. On the boat they announced that the women and children would get to the rescue boats first. While Leah and her baby were in line, a man came and threw himself into one of the boats. The people took it out, but he managed to jump to another boat. It was the turn of Leah to get on the boat. That crazy man shouted at Leah: Here there is only room for one, not for 2. She answered: But it's my baby!
This man grabbed the baby and threw him overboard.
NOO! MY BABY! Leah cried
She had to wait until the Carpathia ship picked them up.
One day, She saw a woman with a baby like Philip. It can not be, she said, it's my son !! He went to claim the other woman, and they started arguing if it was hers, or was the other's. This fight reached the ears of the captain, who called them to his cabin to decide.
The other woman said it was hers because this baby fell from heaven and she knew she had to take care of him. At that moment, Leah said: I am Jewish and my baby has Circumcision! They checked, and, her son was returned to her.
We learn from here that what saved this child was his Bris. We must take Chizuk on the importance of Bris, know how to use it for good, and not for evil. May  this story serve to strengthen you on this important issue.
Thank you,
Yeshivaboy555
כי נפלתי קמתי כי אשב בחושך השם אור לי
"When I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, Hashem will be a light to me".
Last Edit: 15 Feb 2019 21:07 by yeshivaboy555.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes