Welcome, Guest

Back at it again!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Back at it again! 4590 Views

Re: Back at it again! 25 Jan 2019 18:06 #338664

• Iwtbf613
  • Junior Boarder
Absolutely, we’re  here in this struggle together. The YH wants us to isolate itself and feel alone so that we can give in a little bit an a little bit more until BAM, we fall and fall hard. This addiction breeds in isolation, that’s why the only way to fight it is reaching out b’achdus and vulnerability to others in this struggle. Gut shabbos!

Re: Back at it again! 26 Feb 2019 06:58 #339240

• Iwtbf613
  • Junior Boarder
So I'm happy to say that as of today, I am 90 days clean. Even though it hasn't been perfect, it feels good to know that I met my goal. There were some times that were more difficult than others, I wish I could say that I had 90 squeaky clean days, but when I think that just 90 days ago, I was starting from a place of not being able to string together more than 2 weeks of clean time at a time, I feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment. It makes me feel good to know that while I may not be exactly where I want to be in my yiddishkeit/avodas Hashem, that with Hashem's help I got to 90 days. I hope to keep on going, even though sometimes the struggle gets very difficult and very real. I hope that my journey can be a chizuk for everyone who is struggling to make it to 90 days. You can do it! You have it within you to keep going, so don't give up! We're all in this together. With Hashem's help and you willingness to go the distance, anything is possible.

Re: Back at it again! 26 Feb 2019 12:17 #339244

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Beautiful post. Honest yet proud. May Hashem help you continue to move farther and farther away from this parsha and as you do, taste what real menuchas hanefesh is. Yes, as you write, the struggle will still be there, real and sometimes difficult, but now you know that "it can be done". Hashem gave us these urges and our job is to direct them for what His intention is. With the world around us completely distorting that goal, we are affected and confused. Never beat yourself up for having a "G-d given" urge, just don't act on it in a way that is against His ratzon. And please keep posting. It is the chevra like you who express themselves so well with courage honesty and humility that inspire so many others.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Back at it again! 26 Feb 2019 20:05 #339258

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for sharing with us you milestone!  May Hashem grant you siyata dishmaya in continuing to win this fight. 

Re: Back at it again! 26 Feb 2019 21:57 #339261

Iwtbf613 wrote on 26 Feb 2019 06:58:
So I'm happy to say that as of today, I am 90 days clean. Even though it hasn't been perfect, it feels good to know that I met my goal. There were some times that were more difficult than others, I wish I could say that I had 90 squeaky clean days, but when I think that just 90 days ago, I was starting from a place of not being able to string together more than 2 weeks of clean time at a time, I feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment. It makes me feel good to know that while I may not be exactly where I want to be in my yiddishkeit/avodas Hashem, that with Hashem's help I got to 90 days. I hope to keep on going, even though sometimes the struggle gets very difficult and very real. I hope that my journey can be a chizuk for everyone who is struggling to make it to 90 days. You can do it! You have it within you to keep going, so don't give up! We're all in this together. With Hashem's help and you willingness to go the distance, anything is possible.

Congrats on a job well done. I don't think anyone can claim perfect sobriety. We are only human after all. You decide on your bottom line behaviors (adjust if needed) and do your best where all else is concerned.  

Continued Hatzlacha.
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Back at it again! 26 Feb 2019 22:50 #339262

• Tzvi5
  • Current streak: 1261 days
  • Senior Boarder
Nice 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes