Welcome, Guest

This is going to be the time I get to 90!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 49946 Views

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 16 Feb 2020 18:51 #347365

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Snowflake,

Thank you so much for sharing that you found my post relatable! It definitely sounds like you are very much succeeding in conquering these challenges in the appropriate way! I will keep posting, but please also continue to post on other people's threads. It gives us posters tremendous chizzuk when people comment or post on our threads. Otherwise, this would be a blog not a forum and we wouldn't get nearly as much support.

DavidT,

Thank you for the very important reminder that savoring our small successes is the key to fighting this tactic of the y''h! I didn't know that it was a Chovos Halevavos, but I will definitely have to check it out!

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 24 Feb 2020 02:58 #347516

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
Why do I want to act out when I am in a bad mood? Obviosuly, it will just make me in a worse mood. Although, maybe that's why...?

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 24 Feb 2020 04:18 #347517

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HALT Hungry, angry, lonely, tired. Those are general triggers for alot of us knuckleheads.

At a simple level, have you not trained yourself, in your years of acting out, that the way to escape unpleasantness is to got to fantasy? It works every time, at least short term.

Although I suppose your question is rhetorical.
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 27 Feb 2020 03:45 #347590

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
Halt is definitely a great acronym to remember things that make us more vulnerable to falling. I guess really the answer is that it is how Hashem made us and we just have to know to identify it and deal with it appropriately . 

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 27 Feb 2020 04:57 #347591

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Kol haomer davar baheim omro... I won't take credit for it, it's in the SA White Book
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 28 Feb 2020 03:25 #347615

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
day 85

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 28 Feb 2020 03:35 #347617

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Q"Realestatemogul" wrote on 28 Feb 2020 03:25:
day 85

85 is the numeric value of pe"h (mouth)

Many Chassidic works are replete with the idea that "bris halashon mechuvan negged bris hamaor" and that shemiras halashon leads to shemiras habris (see Sefer Chareidim 66:9). The most common Posuk quoted in this regard is "Al titein es picha l'hachti es bisorchoh"....

keep up the good work!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 05 Mar 2020 05:06 #347708

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
91 TYH

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 05 Mar 2020 12:12 #347715

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Realestatemogul wrote on 05 Mar 2020 05:06:
91 TYH

Mazel tov chaver! What's the plan to continue?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 09 Mar 2020 04:37 #347786

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, the next goal is 120 and I plan to keep coming on here and getting chizzuk.

TYH

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 09 Mar 2020 10:01 #347787

• Onceandforall
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hey REM,

Just read through the majority of your thread and it helped me get through an extremely difficult urge to act out. Thank you and the zechus should help you continue fighting strong!

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 10 Mar 2020 04:17 #347799

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Onceandforall! 

Thank you for those kind words!

I hope you succeed on your journey. Please keep coming back here and posting your challenges as well as successes. You will be surprised as how helpful the support could be.

All the best and as always TYH

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 19 Mar 2020 04:02 #347940

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 19 Mar 2020 04:59 #347943

• 18gye
  • Fresh Boarder
Rocking stuff. YOU can hit 90. Go get it!.

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 26 Mar 2020 02:42 #348087

• realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a thought today about covid-19 that relates to the struggle of shmiras habris and shmiras aynayim. 

The obvious that I am sure everyone has thought of is that Covid-19 is invisible and yet it is the most powerful thing controlling our life. We all know that Hashem runs the world and this is just a more obvious than usual sign on Hashem's control of the world. But it hit me in the face that there is something else that is so powerful, yet we don't give it credit to how much power it has. It can in seconds control our lives and we are powerless very similar to this invisible virus. We even get upset with ourselves sometimes when we can't control it. 

I am talking about the Yetzer Hara.

Hashem gave the yetzer hara tremendous koach to almost control us. Everyone on this site knows how just like this virus, the yetzer hara in a moments notice could have huge talmidei chachamim or tzadikim on their knees begging for mercy. Yet, we pretend as it's our fault or we don't take it seriously and use unfiltered devices. 

We don't understand Covid-19, but we all know to stay inside all day or fear a serious potential life threatening disease. However when it comes to our ruchniyus, and we also don't understand how it could be so hard, we don't take the threat seriously. 

I guess I am trying to say two things:

One: Realize that Hashem created a strong yetzer hara even though you can't see it or understand it. (FILTER your devices!) (Also just like we are meant to grow from this virus and strengthen our commitment to Hashem, so to our yetzer hara serves to allow us to strenghten our sommitment to Hashem.)

Two: Don't get depressed about your challenges. Even though it seems as if the only plausible explanation is that your a hopeless basketcase, -which is obviously NOT TRUE - the reality is that Hashem created the yetzer hara with tremendous Koach so you may grow and come closer in your avodas Hashem. 

I hope that was clear and made sense. 

Wishing Klal Yisroel a Yeshua K'Heref Ayin!
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes