Welcome, Guest

Addiction vs Habits
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Addiction vs Habits 1576 Views

Addiction vs Habits 09 Oct 2017 05:39 #320957

• mystory
  • Fresh Boarder
What is the difference between a habit and an Addiction?

In the Succot addition of Mishphica Magazine.  In the Family first Section,
their is an article  on  Breaking Habbits.  Where they say  it takes 30 days to change a habbit.  
They then had  5 or so women try to change a habbit and  to journalize the progress.   
So  what do you think if this study?    

Re: Addiction vs Habits 10 Oct 2017 01:45 #320976

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
As a disclaimer, I haven't seen the article that you mentioned.  Imo though, it's going to be impossible to give a exact number when the addiction stops.  It's clearly going to depend on a million other factors, such as length of the behavior, type of behavior, psychological makeup of person, stressors etc.  I'm not even sure what that means to "break" a habit/ addiction.  There's no switch in a person that goes off after a predetermined amount of time.  It might get easier gradually but it's a far cry from saying that the habit is changed.  All that these studies can say is that in this specific setting of the story, this is what occurred, but I'm a little skeptical that these can be generalized.  These numbers are nice for setting goals though and might indicate good amounts to try and strive for.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes