Welcome, Guest

Still Raging Against The Machine
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Still Raging Against The Machine 28127 Views

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 08 Dec 2009 10:12 #33133

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 08 Dec 2009 04:50:

so i totally lost it on that poor fellow...its just that i really feel close to some of good folks here and when i see them attacked im like a goddamn mother bear...in all honesty, i feel like youve given me life here...i was once so sick and tired of seeing myself in the mirror...that hypocrite loser no life...and now i can continue living without feeling like a constant loser...where once i would look back on a even the best of days and say, yeah i won this case or did that mitzvah or accomplshed these things but i still f***ed up my life today by doin the sumpin sumpin...now i look back on the worst of days and say, yeah i may have blown that case or forgot to daven veten tal ummatar at micha or accompished jack black today but i still feel like a winner because today i did not let my addiction beat me....so there may be hard days but no more bad days only good ones....complete reversal of fortunes...thank you....

Rage your an inspiration to us all. Now if only i woulda gotten stuck on that leash maybe i would be saying the same thing. :-\
Last Edit: by supportlove.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 08 Dec 2009 14:01 #33178

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
That's exactly it, Rage! There's a world around us full of people doing stupid things, and we have to rise above it and be better than that. That's kinda our role as jews in general, but I think this is an area which stands out in particular.

One thing I don't understand, though - resources? What do resources have to do with someone doing the wrong thing?

To make matters worse, the guy on the radio is wrong, Wrong, WRONG! He's trying to say that it's "normal," that it's OK, because everyone's the same way, and therefore, anyone doing that should feel alright with themselves, it's not such a terrible thing. And that's awful! That's like a bunch of murderers comforting each other, and saying that "it's OK, everyone's doing it!" Or a bunch of jews with sex problems patting each other on the back and telling each other that what they're doing is "normal," and that THEY know what the "right" way to be a jew is, etc. And I think it was one of your earlier posts that pointed out that, unfortunately, there are jewish groups like that.

We ARE the light...like a lighthouse sends a beacon to a sailor lost at sea...

And I love your mashal - because yes, a few bags of sand can hold back the sea!
Last Edit: by blurbsplurge.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 08 Dec 2009 18:11 #33268

Rage ATM wrote on 08 Dec 2009 13:53:

change is what i believe in and i believe we can do it....

Mind if we go light on the Barak Hussein Obama references, please?
Last Edit: by whybee.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 08 Dec 2009 23:52 #33354

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, Batman - I think this is actually the opposite of our president. He says "change you can believe in" - that means he's doing change, and he expects us to believe it.

Rage is saying that he can achieve the things he wants, because HE's willing to put in the effort. And he's looking around, and letting us know that he sees how strong we all are, and he has confidence in us.
Last Edit: by alwaysworkingtowardsgreatness.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 08 Dec 2009 23:54 #33356

• Dov
  • Administrator
I don't get it. Don't jews love change? (heh, heh, sorry)
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by josh3535.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 09 Dec 2009 04:47 #33389

• habib613
Last Edit: by spotshere.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 09 Dec 2009 15:02 #33500

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Rage ATM wrote on 09 Dec 2009 14:04:

arrgg..ive got so much real work to do and i have so much i wanna post....hopefully later...

Posting on GYE IS work - only it's pro bono!   :D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by aylebo.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 09 Dec 2009 16:12 #33531

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
The heck with real life, you have GYE now!  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by strongerl.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 09 Dec 2009 16:26 #33537

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Posting on GYE IS work - only it's pro bono!  :D

Rage is definitely a pro bone!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by Mhisbflb580.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 09 Dec 2009 16:27 #33538

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 09 Dec 2009 16:12:

The heck with real life, you have GYE now!  :D

Guard, you're quite a guy - I mean GYE! 
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by Geulanow.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 09 Dec 2009 17:49 #33549

• habib613
Rage ATM wrote on 09 Dec 2009 14:04:

arrgg..ive got so much real work to do and i have so much i wanna post....hopefully later...

that's gotta be a whole lot of work...
but i'm still waiting to hear all that stuff you want to write about...
maybe i should go do my work instead of waiting...
Last Edit: by א.ש. קודש.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 09 Dec 2009 22:20 #33652

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage has what to say?????? Wow now thats a new one. I wanna hear this one. For someone whos always keeping his mouth in check im sure theres gonna be diamonds coming out, :D :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by keypurch.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 10 Dec 2009 01:35 #33694

• habib613
that's such a depressing song... (i learned that whenever you say anything really crazy, you're quoting a song google is a good friend of mine)

I'm so so so confused... you must have amnesia or something, cuz you wrote my name too many times... but it's ok, you're probably just really tired.

and i also realized there's less rage to you. not in a bad way, it's all there somewhere, but you just let it out in a calmer way. been meaning to tell you that.
Rage ATM wrote on 10 Dec 2009 01:18:

so the question i was left with was: is it the pureness of your souls that caused you to becomes addicts or is it the addiction and its recovery that caused your pureness...i go against the grain once again and think its the former...

i don't think that's so much against the grain. i think R' Guard wrote somewhere that people with greater nisyonos have greater neshamos. of course, that includes you

good night, Rage
Last Edit: by onlyquality782.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 10 Dec 2009 09:04 #33762

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
i wish i can do this all day...i hate my greedy cheatin clients and i am a little happy when i lose sometimes....there i said it...

Rage, I predict that one day you'll dump being a lawyer and become a therapist (for GYE, of-course, but real certified!)... Klal Yisrael needs guys like you in this revolution. They don't need another lawyer. (Trust me.  :D)
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by shrimongarnz.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 10 Dec 2009 10:17 #33779

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder

im sorry but i totally beat...habib, tomorrow we hit level 4...if you wanna know the effect the youve had on me, 7up recently told me "your sincerity without the rage is so obvious. You really are becoming a new person, arent you?!"...hopefully the rage will always be there but the changes for the positive are all thanks to you, habib....and, by extension, guard...i was reading something a haredi guy wrote about the shteinzaltz sanhedrin...the hareidi guy was calling the sanhedrin crazy and embarassing...thought i: "said the kettle to the pot"...i was thinkin, "a plauge on both your houses...and then i was embarassed to be a religious jew...weve been given so much to be proud of and we wreck it for so little...well then i thought of guard...what a pearl...what a tzaddik...its almost as if the guy fell from Krypton as Kal El....and it was guard and his little banditos here that made me proud to be an orthodox jew again....pure jews....i aspire to be like habib and tomim and silentbattle and habib and IT25 and trying and uri and habib and kanesher and kedusha and dov and bards and ultimately like guard...so the question i was left with was: is it the pureness of your souls that caused you to becomes addicts or is it the addiction and its recovery that caused your pureness...i go against the grain once again and think its the former...

30 days...one third of the way there...and where have you gone my blue eyed son?....

I would like to know who wrote this post?? No way it was rage!! The only thing it could of been was his heart talking!!! Wow Devarim Hayotzim Min Halev............ Your killing me bro! Dont make me cry. Im embarresed of the ladies. Watching whay your doing and reading what your writing inspires me like nothing else has ever. If you would only knowman................ ( Hey Rage, do you got another 90 for me?? ) Now it25 that was way out of line. Stop it.
Last Edit: 10 Dec 2009 10:57 by unlucky.
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes