Welcome, Guest

Still Raging Against The Machine
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Still Raging Against The Machine 28084 Views

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 03 Mar 2010 00:17 #56010

• Cleareyes613
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you Rage. Another thing for me to look foward to daily, atleast till Pesach time. Chazak and yasher koacha.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 03 Mar 2010 13:36 #56076

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Beautifully said!!

If GYE ever arranges Shiurim on the handbooks, Rage will be giving the main Chaburah!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 04 Mar 2010 01:03 #56202

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 03 Mar 2010 13:36:

Beautifully said!!

If GYE ever arranges Shiurim on the handbooks, Rage will be giving the main Chaburah!

try applying on www.torahanytime.com

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 04 Mar 2010 07:24 #56258

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Beautiful.

Keep on posting (in small chunks please).

Sorry I keep missing your chats.

Keep on trucking, dude.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 05 Mar 2010 18:17 #56566

• bardichev
HAVE A PEACEFUL SHABBOS RAGE!

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 07 Mar 2010 06:20 #56662

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Thinking of you Rage.
Hope you're doing well.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 08 Mar 2010 00:09 #56793

• Dov
  • Administrator
bardichev wrote on 05 Mar 2010 18:17:

HAVE A PEACEFUL SHABBOS RAGE!

Well RAGE? Was your Shabbos peaceful?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 11 Mar 2010 19:02 #57579

• Dov
  • Administrator
The question you need to ask yourself is:

Would I be happier just growing another mouth (for that someone else), or just end up even angrier about having another mouth to feed?

;D
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 13 Mar 2010 17:53 #57935

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Rage ATM wrote on 11 Mar 2010 03:08:

i keep hoping someone else will pop out of that mouth but its always me again...

One day they won't ask you why you weren't Moshe Rabbeinu, they'll ask why you weren't Rage Rabbeinu... (and you ARE!)  ;D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 13 Mar 2010 19:05 #57940

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Rage,

Haven't posted here in a while,
so, just stopping by to say hey.
Shavua tov!

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 15 Mar 2010 07:54 #58186

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Rage, how you doing?
Thinking of you (and worried about you too).  :-\
MOMO

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 15 Mar 2010 14:20 #58211

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 04 Mar 2010 23:41:
the third principle is believing that we can be helped....<...> in our sick minds, lusting is as much part of us as our eye color or height...<...> as much as we've been fooled to think otherwise, acting out is not an essential part of who we are,

<...> we have not [been] decreed forever to live a life of misery...there is hope...we've looked around for a long long time in the dark <...> but fear not there is a way of this dark....

Dearest Rage: I realize that my imagined goal is in H's hands and not mine in the first place, but the further away the imagined goal seems from current reality, the more likely it sometimes seems that "they" might have it right and "we" might be reaching for a brass ring beyond our reach.

Sometimes we can just reach for that brass ring and HKB'H turns our arms into Basya's long reach or even His own yad chazaka. But sometimes the Yetzer is setting a brass ring just to get us down and keep us there once we fall out of the merry-go-round's saddle.  (Too obscure? Sorry! Really!) My frum yetzer hara can fool me often.

Right now, I'm having one of "those days." Don't even know why I'm bothering with all this "stay clean" [er, junk]. How do YOU dust yourself off so quickly? Usually I'm pretty good at getting back onto Derech Hashem (the road, not the sefer) but today's just feeling rainy and windy and cold.  What secrets are working for you?

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 17 Mar 2010 02:46 #58521

• Dov
  • Administrator
Thanks for that, Rage, and a nice and useful rest of Nissan to U, too!

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 17 Mar 2010 03:36 #58523

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 04 Mar 2010 23:41:
in our sick minds, lusting is as much part of us as our eye color or height...<...>
as much as we've been fooled to think otherwise, acting out is not an essential part of who we are,
<...> we have not [been] decreed forever to live a life of misery...there is hope...
we've looked around for a long long time in the dark <...> but fear not there is a way of this dark....

I've gone back and looked over your words AGAIN, Rage, and they're still hitting me very very deeply. Namely---
What if my own special flavors of acting out are indeed no different than anyone else's flavor: what if it's all simply acting out and nothing more?
What if it's not just like my eye color? What if I'm not decreed forever to live a life of misery, if there IS a way out of this dark.

Sometimes I plant little seeds of things around my life, so that if I find myself in a dark or hungry place I'll ALWAYS have a safe place to go with a little burried treasure and a siman that the world is still here to take care of me. I think I want to plant these words so that next time the Y'H tries to have a little "fun" at my expense, I'll know just where to go for reinforcement.

Thanks, Rage. I think you gave me some words I might be needing very much, very soon. (Day 64-ish, right now; the Y'H has pulled out the ultimate weapons of depression and despair; I'm hanging on but I'm starting to forget WHY.)

Thanks.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 17 Mar 2010 23:29 #58731

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage,
What I think I'm hearing from you, and it sounds beautiful, is...

It's sorta like the story ending in "lo ba'shamayim hee" - there are certain powers that rest in our 'control' and not in Heaven. Still, that doesn't mean that it's OUR power or even OUR control. The walls don't cave halfway in unless Hashem makes/allows it.

So, somehow, that says something about man's role in the world -- on Rosh Chodesh as well as in cleaning up our own acts.

Am I in the neighborhood you intended?
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes