Welcome, Guest

Still Raging Against The Machine
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Still Raging Against The Machine 28100 Views

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 24 Jan 2010 16:52 #48058

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
More like DC (Duvid Chaim) code

-Yiddle
Last Edit: by .

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 24 Jan 2010 16:57 #48061

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Nice, Rage - I like ;D

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 24 Jan 2010 17:12 #48064

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Thats A & W for ya... I remember the egg one that was amazing

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 24 Jan 2010 17:22 #48070

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Wanna share (what he said, not the eggs - I've got my own eggs, thanks)?

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 24 Jan 2010 22:36 #48133

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 24 Jan 2010 12:54:

so we were havin a real hard time with spam at my office it was time to do something about it...every day when i would get in i would spend a hald hour deleted dozens of email messages about a better mortgage (i rent) fake cartier (no thanks) working from home (do you KNOW my kids??) and of course THAT (does it look like i need that?)...so it was time to do something...if you did the math, hourly rate times minutes spent deleting spam it was costing us thousands of dollars a year (shhhh, dont tell them how many billable hours im on gye)...so our IT guy went and searched through all the server based spam filters and found one he was gonna try out....he installed it onthe server and was ready to put it into action...in turning the filter on, he was required to go through a whole list of factors that would help idetify which email servers were legit and which were spam...but before he got a chance to do it he left the thing running and viola! 99% of our spam disappeared without any work? he was concerned...how did this happen? he hadnt put any info in the filter yet and it was already working...turns out the filter has a built in grey list filter..it works like this: whenever we get an email from anyone in the world, our filter refuses it and sends it back saying "im busy now can you try again in 5 minutes"...the real legit email servers simply try again in five minutes and the email gets through...the spam emails dont bother in 5 minutes, they just move on to another target...and i thought, hey! you know what? by addiction is sometimes like that too...i feel a urge to act out but i tell the addiction, "im busy now come back in 5 minutes and i will let you in"...i then email a gye friend or post something here or read a little through the forum and the handbooks and guess what? the addiction does not bother to return...whenever i feel the urge to fall i say "ok i will fall just a little later not right now" and then i get busy with something else...it doesnt catch 100% of the addiction spam but it gets a whole lot...
Dude! rage! You rock the freakin pub i mean the house!

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 24 Jan 2010 23:13 #48143

• Dov
  • Administrator
bardichev wrote on 22 Jan 2010 14:12:

Ill translate

Its says

Are u sute u want fung wong gai and noogoogao pan for shabbos instead of cholint kishke ans kugel

Baa dee chu
Are you serious!? Someone else knows about fong won gai besides me? I used to order the chicken-wrapped pastrami thing....uh....now, of course, olam hazeh means absolutely nothing to me any more!!! .........................where can I get soma dat, buddy? 
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 25 Jan 2010 05:48 #48220

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 24 Jan 2010 12:54:

so we were havin a real hard time with spam at my office it was time to do something about it...every day when i would get in i would spend a hald hour deleted dozens of email messages about a better mortgage (i rent) fake cartier (no thanks) working from home (do you KNOW my kids??) and of course THAT (does it look like i need that?)...so it was time to do something...if you did the math, hourly rate times minutes spent deleting spam it was costing us thousands of dollars a year (shhhh, dont tell them how many billable hours im on gye)...so our IT guy went and searched through all the server based spam filters and found one he was gonna try out....he installed it onthe server and was ready to put it into action...in turning the filter on, he was required to go through a whole list of factors that would help idetify which email servers were legit and which were spam...but before he got a chance to do it he left the thing running and viola! 99% of our spam disappeared without any work? he was concerned...how did this happen? he hadnt put any info in the filter yet and it was already working...turns out the filter has a built in grey list filter..it works like this: whenever we get an email from anyone in the world, our filter refuses it and sends it back saying "im busy now can you try again in 5 minutes"...the real legit email servers simply try again in five minutes and the email gets through...the spam emails dont bother in 5 minutes, they just move on to another target...and i thought, hey! you know what? by addiction is sometimes like that too...i feel a urge to act out but i tell the addiction, "im busy now come back in 5 minutes and i will let you in"...i then email a gye friend or post something here or read a little through the forum and the handbooks and guess what? the addiction does not bother to return...whenever i feel the urge to fall i say "ok i will fall just a little later not right now" and then i get busy with something else...it doesnt catch 100% of the addiction spam but it gets a whole lot...

WOW, that is what I call an A&W moment RATM, thanks for sharing

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 26 Jan 2010 00:29 #48484

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Btw Rage can i get this filter on my comp too?? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 26 Jan 2010 22:10 #48692

• Dov
  • Administrator
When it comes to lust, we can't afford to procrastinate tomorrow... (the doublish-negative reminds me of Old Bilbo!)
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 28 Jan 2010 23:22 #49314

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Quote from a pm someone sent me today.

The FBI took the tap off my phone cuz they are too busy looking for Rage. Poor guy.

what the hell is going on here?? > > > > > > >

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 29 Jan 2010 01:13 #49386

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry Rage. Dint mean nothing personal. I wasnt around for a couple as you know. So ive got no idea what was going on. Just copied what someone wrote. Maybe when your not around for just a few people get nervous. :-\ :-*

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 29 Jan 2010 01:16 #49390

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 31 Jan 2010 14:41 #49863

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage, don't fall back into it.
Read my thread if you want a reminder what it's like.

Here's a taste of what my week's been like:

Life of an addict
I've fallen and can't get up.
Drawn like a magnet.
Each morning I make empty promises, or stopped promising. What's the use if I'll just break them anyway?
Sucked into the vortex if the Net.
I feel like I've lost my freedom, lost my ability to choose.
I've fallen behind in my work. I'm considering quitting work just to save face. Will I hit rock bottom then?
I'm spending days (not just hours) wasting searching for "one more photo" to satisfy me, only to never be satisfied.
My soul wants to be helped, but she's down, kicked, hurting and doesn't know how to get back up.
Ah, I thought this year would be different. I told people "This is my year". How wrong I was.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 31 Jan 2010 23:06 #50009

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 31 Jan 2010 13:20:

So I am pretty sure I'm back at that place in my mind where I'm truly horrified to go back to acting out on this addiction...for a while there the desire to be free remained strong but that terror of how horrible life is while acting out was missing...and I think it's back thank tatty...so Sundays and been hard for me this past month...today I stand on guard...no more falls...we will recover...we will beat this addiction...
...............we...................

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 01 Feb 2010 02:21 #50049

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
No way, Momo - this IS your year. That doesn't mean you'll be perfect - it means you'll be a real eved hashem. And that doesn't mean being the person YOU want to be, it means being the person that GOD wants you to be. And so far, you've been doing that, improving and growing in all sorts of ways.

Don't give up now.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes