Welcome, Guest

Still Raging Against The Machine
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Still Raging Against The Machine 28108 Views

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 14:38 #42815

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 06 Jan 2010 14:29:

And I still beleive that I cannot be saved.

billy corgan has one of those voices that you either love or hate...im a fan...

:'( :'( :'(

You are NOT a rat in a cage. And you CAN be saved. You can save yourself with G-d's help.

The cage is just an illusion created by the Y"H to look like steel bars.

Instead of repeating to yourself that you're a rat in a cage, why not repeat to yourself that you are one of the few sane men in an insane world.
Last Edit: by upbeatotter04.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 14:40 #42818

• habib613
:-\
that's y ur never on anymore?
sorry u have so much to do... don't you have any little minions to shove all the work at?
Last Edit: by alexgye1.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 14:49 #42826

• habib613
my davening has been very very shvach lately (does shvach mean what i think it means?)
it's terrible. i wish i could concentrate enough to daven for you...
oh man, i'm an awful jew if i can't even do that.
Last Edit: by blissfulmongoose.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 15:01 #42832

• habib613
Rage ATM wrote on 06 Jan 2010 14:55:

heres one for the depressed person's 7up list: what do you call a weak davening? shvach shevach....

ok, that sucked...

kinda... ;D

i wanna work on my davening... almost every day i say today is gonna be a good davening day, but it never is. that amora probably had one bad davening his whole life. maybe mincha today willl be better. gonna try to think about GYE ppls cuz it's gotta be that Hashem is smiling at what R' Guard did here. maybe that'll help.
Last Edit: by yarei.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 15:11 #42841

• habib613
Rage ATM wrote on 06 Jan 2010 15:06:

filed away in the category of "recovery helping the marriage" my wife and i started learning sefer yirmiyahu bechavruta...so another thank you to gye and guard for that one...

that's so nice!
so u seriously have no free time anymore between that, rage radio,  work. Keep on Truckin!!!!!

question:
choose a tefilla for me please? amida is too long, though i should work on that first, right? i have this awesome siddur. it translates every hard word into simple hebrew. I just actually have to be looking in AND concentrating for that to help at all.

u can answer if and when u ever get a free moment, or not at all if u prefer...
Last Edit: by empoweredrabbit40.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 15:37 #42864

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Habib - I can relate. Tefillah has always been hard for me, as well. You might want to try spending a few minutes a day learning a sefer about davening. If you can do hebrew, try R' Shimshon Pinkus's "she'arim b'tefillah."

Rage - absolutely. Davening is HARD! I heard a story about a rav (a relatively famous name, escapes me now) who was walking through a garden. Beautiful trees, flowers, birds chirping, a little stream...he walks around, enjoying the scenery, smelling the flowers. Suddenly, WHAM! Somebody punches him in the chest. He looks around, confused, but doesn't see anyone. WHAM! Again, another blow to the chest! And that's when he realizes that he's in the middle of "selach lanu..."
Last Edit: by mrsploiny.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 15:39 #42865

• habib613
silentbattle wrote on 06 Jan 2010 15:37:

Habib - I can relate. Tefillah has always been hard for me, as well. You might want to try spending a few minutes a day learning a sefer about davening. If you can do hebrew, try R' Shimshon Pinkus's "she'arim b'tefillah."

sigh. been there, tried that. not in hebrew though. i have his book in english.
i'm gonna try again.
Last Edit: by freddy21.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 16:10 #42885

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Let the poor man work!!  >  : 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 16:11 #42888

• habib613
ok, ok....
poof! i'm gone!

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 20:19 #43052

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
it's fine, I'm mochel (on the tnei that you get guard to remove that one quote I complained about)  you can even replace it with a diferent potshot, just nothing 'below the belt'.

I can't help being a kanui, you should see how exited i get by parshas pinchas, oh and vayigash also. My adrenalin is pumping.  And I realy should appologize for "doing it the hard way" , but that crosses the line in my books (as stupid as it sounds, it gets too personal). Mybe we can get a mod to remove some posts and alter the rest of them. Im ok with that as long as the 'nice' points stay up there
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2010 02:22 by .

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 20:30 #43057

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
next best thing to an actual apology, I deleted all the "harsh/rude/cruel/offensive" posts, and only left the nice ones (I think only 2 of them)

rage, wanna sctratch your side of the conversation from the record also? truthfully, without my responses, no-one knows why you called uri cute, so it's sorta recomended to help me undo the offensive parts of the dialog. But leave up the good points. Also you probably have no problem asking the grils to do simmilarly. But they can kep-up he ones bashing me for all i care. just as long as the thread is left leaving the main point.  ("kalus rosh")

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 21:56 #43079

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder

filed away in the category of "recovery helping the marriage" my wife and i started learning sefer yirmiyahu bechavruta...so another thank you to gye and guard for that one...
Yirmiyahu??? Dude thats pretty intense!!! But its a healthy thing either way!

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 21:57 #43080

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
habib613 wrote on 06 Jan 2010 15:11:

that's so nice!
so u seriously have no free time anymore between that, rage radio,  work. Keep on Truckin!!!!!

question:
choose a tefilla for me please? amida is too long, though i should work on that first, right? i have this awesome siddur. it translates every hard word into simple hebrew. I just actually have to be looking in AND concentrating for that to help at all.

u can answer if and when u ever get a free moment, or not at all if u prefer...
Hey Habib forget a whole tefillah!! Take one bracha from Shmoneh Esrei! Baby steps, remember??

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 06 Jan 2010 22:00 #43082

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 06 Jan 2010 20:39:

lets just delete all the posts. i think guard kinda summed up your point at the end himself. that one will stay. waddya say?

but how will uri know that i have a man-crush on him?
Dont worry Rage Uris good at that stuff. He never let me go near him!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 07 Jan 2010 01:44 #43171

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 06 Jan 2010 20:39:

lets just delete all the posts. i think guard kinda summed up your point at the end himself. that one will stay. waddya say?

but how will uri know that i have a man-crush on him?

He already knows. I showed him the thread on my computer and he saw it.
Oh yea, I met Uri :D
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes