Welcome, Guest

Still Raging Against The Machine
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Still Raging Against The Machine 28121 Views

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 03:43 #37101

• habib613
rage, you're too funny.
you moved the chairs out...lol
Last Edit: by gedolim77.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 03:57 #37103

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Well said, Rage - we must assume that others are innocent, but remind ourselves how easy it is to fall, and protect ourselves.

Please hang in there...I wish there was something I could to do help!
Last Edit: by cb614119741.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 07:11 #37113

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 23 Dec 2009 02:35:

I don't care about who rabbi trooper is or isn't porking nor do I care if he is innocent or guilty...I have long ago accepted that any man is capable of anything...we live in such a dangerous time people..no one is safe...I simply hope that anyone who is sick finds gye which is the only corner of clarity in a world of Tohu vavohu...I suggest we forget about this or that particular case and just focus on ourselves...let us take a lesson that no one is immune from this magefa...and we move forward...I know that personally for me it's Been a very tough two days and it is only because of gye that I didn't slip or fall...this is it guys...the last stand....our only salvation
Im complettely maskim Rage. I was just trying to bring out a point. Not to mark a man guilty till hes proven guilty. I was not trying to say that because hes a rabbi he wouldnt or didnt do it. Of course anyone could do such a thing. but lets not pounce on him. YESH KAZEH MUSAG SHEL DAN LEKAF ZECHUS, NACHON??
Last Edit: by 1moshe2.

RE:still raging at 23 Dec 2009 09:26 #37140

• loi-misyaeish
Ditto!
Last Edit: by moegye.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 13:32 #37160

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Rage said it best! (I see I was mechaven to him in the "locked" thread called "in the news".)

Rage, you may want to fall, you may feel it's too hard, you may feel it's IMPOSSIBLE... but for the sake of the REVOLUTION - you just can't, man. You are the engine behind it. You (and Habib of course) are our comakazi fighters, even to the death.

This is mankind's LAST STAND.

VLR!!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by ms911.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 14:12 #37169

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Remember, Rage, Guard is right - you are the last line of defense - the revolution is happening now, and it's up to you...
Last Edit: by jachapley.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 14:15 #37171

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage, I have absolute confidence that you have the ability to pass this nisayon.
Last Edit: by bobbyd.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 14:23 #37172

• the.guard
Rage, check your e-mail  :-[
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by shaindyweiss.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 14:31 #37176

• habib613
i wanna give that lady a piece of my mind

Rage, you CAN do this.... you're gonna land soon, do what you need to do, and get out.

i'm seriously gonna be davening for you all day
Last Edit: by scartissue.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 14:38 #37178

• habib613
Rage, i'm like sitting here and i can't even work cuz i'm thinking about you and you CAN'T FALL. PLEASE PLEASE don't fall.
you're like nachshon and you don't care what anyone says, you just jump into the water, shouting viva la revolucion (and pulling me in after you).

c'mon rage, the stupid lady doesn't want or need you, but we (or at the very least I) do. please post when you get off the plane?
Last Edit: by sian.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 14:42 #37180

• the.guard
Shoot. Maybe we should change the name to Niagra climbs.

Are we too late?
Last Edit: by vturns.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 14:50 #37182

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Rage,

As I mentioned in my e-mail, your posts indicate that you're on a plane and facing Nisyonos.  From what I can tell, none of what you mentioned constitutes a fall.  Please don't let it gravitate to that.  Please contact me.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by gilsaver.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 15:07 #37186

• jerusalemsexaddict
hey raja,
just stoppin in to say hi and see how youre doing.
hope youre having a great day!
love  :-*
-uri
Last Edit: by marlita.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 16:14 #37196

• habib613
so your flight shouldn't take more than 2 hours, and you posted the doors were closing two hours ago.
u ok?
Last Edit: 23 Dec 2009 16:18 by eyenbeyen.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 23 Dec 2009 17:01 #37212

• the.guard
I'm afraid he may have meant "other doors" were closing...

Rage, in case you fell, we understand you 100%.
Did you REALLY think you were super-man?
We totally love you to death and hope you don't let this get you down - or spiral.

The notion that we have to have it "NOW" - even RECOVERY, comes from the same place as the addiction ;-)

A quote from yesterday's shmiras ainayim e-mail:

No Instant Results

One of the greatest obstacles stopping a person from changing is the notion that it can be done without a lot of investment. We live in the generation of instant results, and we come to expect that whatever needs to happen should happen quickly.

Furthermore, we tend to forget that our whole purpose on this world is to change and improve. We tend to look at any weakness that we have as an "inconvenience" that needs to be gotten out of our way (or ignored), while in reality it's Hashem's personal message to us telling us exactly what He sent us to this world for.

So what usually happens is, that it doesn't even occur to a person to really spend time, energy and "focus" on improvement. Hashem tells us,"T'na b'ni libcha li - My son, give me your HEART", it means your whole heart.

The Vilna Goan asks how a person can know what their purpose for coming to this world is. How are we to know what our most intimate and personal challenge is; i.e. the very reason for our creation? The Vilna Goan answers that we can know this by seeing what areas are most difficult for us to control, and what issues challenge us most frequently. It is for those areas that we were sent to the world to fix.

So if this struggle is a major issue in your life, it is likely that this is your own personal Tikkun in this world. And if this is one of the main issues you came down to the world to fix, it stands to reason that you may have to spend a long time in this struggle. So don't despair if process seems slower than you wish, or if it even looks like you are going backwards sometimes.

Even if we slip, we haven't lost previous gains at all. A low point in the struggle doesn't show where we are truly holding. It is simply an opportunity to make NEW gains.
Last Edit: by 12343.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes