Welcome, Guest

Still Raging Against The Machine
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Still Raging Against The Machine 28125 Views

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 19 Dec 2009 21:00 #35858

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
oh yes, now I remember that RAGE once wrote in his old thread (that was mysteriously deleted) that he loves to throw real controversial stuff out there to provoke discussion... (Woops Rage, sorry if I blew it for you)  ;D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by greyson157.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 19 Dec 2009 23:13 #35900

• habib613
BruceWayne wrote on 18 Dec 2009 18:28:

Protect right to abortion? Check. Not everyone has a value system that forbids it.

I don't like the energy companies. They're like the airline companies.

I have absolutely nothing against women (I AM on this site, fool) but I don't really buy into the argument that they don't have equal rights and all that. I think a lot of it is feminatzi BS. That's not to say that you won't find places that pay women less than men or whatever. Also, I just want to point out that there's a huge difference between equal rights and equality. Feminists don't understand this. Women are NOT equal to men, and vice versa. If that were the case, then there would only be one gender. We are different, get over it. For you morons who don't know how to read, "different" does not in any way imply superiority of one over the other. Boots are not better than cross trainers. They are different. You can use both for many of the same things, but they have different specialized functions.

What do I have against gays?
Theoretically, nothing if you don't consider the religious opposition to it. But the reality is not that way. I don't care if a dude wants to sleep with another dude, as disgusting as that is. If they want to ignore women, god's gift to man (at least sort of---hey, read the Bible) then that's their problem. My problem is when they try to force their alternative lifestyle into the mainstream and flaunt it. Gay marriage is a farce. It's a non-issue and frankly our government has better things to do than worry about if it's legally OK for Jim and Joe to do unmentionable things with each other. If they want to live together and call it a "civil union" so they can get the tax benefits or whatever, then OK. But don't call it marriage. Isn't marriage primarily a religious institution anyway? By calling it marriage they are undermining religion and encroaching on religious people's values. Their rights, if you will. So who's "oppressing" who now?

Rage, the very media you hate is the media that pushes acceptance of homosexuality. You've drunk their Kool-Aid. I do not accept homosexuality and I will not be forced to because the TV says it's normal and healthy. I find it offensive when I get bombarded with these messages of acceptance. Guess what? I don't accept Christianity or Islam. Does that make me some kind of bigot? I have no problem with Christians even though I think their religion is a bit weird but I have a problem when they shove their Jesus pamphlets in my face. I have no problem with Muslims, but I have a MAJOR problem when they shove their religion in our faces with huge explosions and death and tell us to convert or die because Islam is true and we're all Infidels. Well, I'm proud of being an Infidel and I'm proud of being a heterosexual. I make no apologies for either one.

I don't know if you caught the headlines, but Houston just elected an openly lesbian mayor. In TEXAS. Now, look for the media to go bananas about this even though her sexual orientation has nothing whatsoever to do with her abilities to run a city. If she does a good job, it's gonna be because of the new wave of tolerance toward gays that is sweeping the world into a flowery utopia so that she could work  without being harassed. If she stinks at it, it will be because of the "intolerance" and the "harassment" she got because of her orientation that bothered her so much mentally that she could not do her job, and you'll see crap like "When will we be ready for a gay  mayor? A gay president? In other news, the stock markets have all crashed and we're all gonna starve to death....but nobody cares about that. What we need is a gay leader. Especially a gay leader who can fix the economy....coming up at six.

F**K the media.

arg i agree with you too. u sure u and rage are on separate sides?
Last Edit: by ckgkt.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 04:33 #35928

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
All revolutions started small. All you need is a few very committed people who have a message and really believe in it. Live that ideal and share it with the world. Forget about the news and the guy who can swing a metal rod better than you can.

We have an ideal, we have a vision, we are changing ourselves, we are living this, we are spreading this message.

WE WILL WIN. Forget the world and focus on yourself.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by malkyweiss.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 06:21 #35937

BTW Rage, I noticed you changed your rap lines to some Pumpkins. But I thought you liked rap.....
Last Edit: by gardener.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 07:00 #35946

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Reb Rage - why do you think that gay rights is a good thing?

And Re: medical care, wouldn't we be better of treating some of the issues - like the ridiculous numbers of malpractice suits that drive up the cost for everyone?
Last Edit: by dhiverjks.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 08:37 #35968

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
habib613 wrote on 18 Dec 2009 17:45:

i agree with rage... live and let live
i know, against the torah sometimes (a lot)
but they're all tinokim shenishbeu, and they don't know. if you force ppl to do stuff, they resist...

The above quote was about gay rights. I think people might often miss one of the most important points about gay rights. THEY ARE NOT READY TO LIVE AND LET LIVE! They are incredibly militant, and as soon as a state affirms their right to total equality the insanity brigade starts. First all the children's books start coming out teaching children about all the different types of families, then they start lobbying the schools to buy them and use them, soon it becomes mandatory to teach about this in public schools, about how all types of families are acceptable and just as good (this of course starts to include literature about families with a live in boyfriend etc).

Before you know it, our kids are being exposed to more pro-gay stuff than pro-straight stuff and they begin to start questioning their sexuality more. Of course they question it because the aforementioned books say things like "If a boy liked to play with dolls as a child that doesn't mean he's girly, it means he's gay, and that' OK!" Now, almost every kid played with dolls at some point, but now the kid is reading that he's gay, and the doubting starts. These books also encourage experimentation, to help you out of your confusion.... check out this link for an example, where a couple came to protest that their young child was being read to in school a book called King and King about two young princes who fall in love and get married.

www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/04/27/in_storm_over_gay_books_a_principal_holds_ground/

And that is only the beginning. Gay people are people and should have proper access to healthcare and every other type of protection, but to start changing the definition of the family is a real bad proposition. Mind you, in 31 states it was put on the ballot and in all 31 states the people were very clear, they want marriage to remain between a man and a woman...

Or at least that's just me opinion....
Haba

Last Edit: by stinger.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 17:58 #36114

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
is that true - a government's only role is to stop promote equality and freedom?

in this case, though, that is ONLY accomplished by pushing towards everyone accepting homosexuality as acceptable. This causes numerous problems for us - all the issues that Haba pointed out, which have already become problematic (and will only become more so), and issues such as, oh, say, a student body president in an ostensibly jewish university that is openly homosexual, forcing the university to openly condone his lifestyle choice, and the issues go further - what happens when a homosexual wants to become a rebbe in a yeshiva? And as you probably know, the liberal system tends to be oversensitive to rights, so if someone like that get's turned down/fired, he could very easily make a case against the yeshiva.

And then, of course, there's a fundamental question - SHOULD there be liberty for all lifestyle choices that do not involve physically stealing or hurting others?

Furthermore, there are financial questions that come along with this marriage, which everyone else has to bear the burden of.

But ultimately, it comes down to whether or not we want to allow this to go unchallenged - because as much as we can try to insulate ourselves, the outside world seeps in like a leaking sewer line, and we end up smelling, no matter how hard we fight. We can try to shower afterwards, but it means that we're starting off with a major disadvantage.

It means that our kids will grow up in a world where this is a completely acceptable way of life, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a dangerous radical dinosaur.

And Habib - with all apologies - I agree that live and let live is often not a torah hashkafa. And i also agree that unfortunately, that's the society we were brought up in. But are we supposed to change, even though this philosophy seems to feel so much nicer?
Last Edit: by ariwillner.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 19:19 #36124

Rage, I don't really think we're disagreeing on much here.

I'm with haba. I have an issue with their militancy. At the same time, I think they deserve equal rights, which means equal pay, no discrimination, etc. the same way that we as Jews expect not to be discriminated against. But that doesn't mean I have to accept their way of life. And I don't think the gub'ment should get involved.

And you make a good point about this whole discussion applying only to America. Israel is totally different.
Last Edit: by mendyclean.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 19:25 #36128

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage,
howya doin?!

So..., I haven't read through all your recent rantings, but I glimpsed over and noticed a few catch phrases.
Maybe I'll stay outta this one?
Last Edit: by shemayisroel1.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 20:23 #36166

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Uh Dude the giants are playing mon night ??? what your going to watch the jets ??? Wait didnt you once say that your a colts fan?? They played thursday night doofus. :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by yitzd.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 20:29 #36177

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Play tiddlywinks with the kids!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by allanlevy.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 20:31 #36179

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 20 Dec 2009 20:27:

im not a big football fan...ill watch whats on...like the giants a little more than the rest of the pack but again, not a big football fan...
No prob. I was just responding to your claim to go watch a football game. So i was wonderin which one. Kool with me. I could understan a knick fan not being a football fan. He has too much on his mind! :D
Last Edit: by johnwilter.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 20:35 #36187

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 20 Dec 2009 20:33:

imtrying25 wrote on 20 Dec 2009 20:31:

Rage ATM wrote on 20 Dec 2009 20:27:

im not a big football fan...ill watch whats on...like the giants a little more than the rest of the pack but again, not a big football fan...
No prob. I was just responding to your claim to go watch a football game. So i was wonderin which one. Kool with me. I could understan a knick fan not being a football fan. He has too much on his mind! :D

ill just watch whats on...i am a sports fan...mets, rangers, knicks...have you seen? the knicks are actually winning!
You mean more like little league.   Oh really. I heard websters was actually thinking of adding this antanym; knicks/winning. lol
Last Edit: by formysake.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 20:42 #36195

• jerusalemsexaddict
Rage ATM wrote on 20 Dec 2009 20:20:

howya doin sturggle...we miss ya round these parts...

chevra, this is the bottom line: these are my opinions...i may be wrong i may be right...im not trying to change your mind or insist i am right..i am not running for public office and im not looking for your vote...i respect the view that completely disagrees with me...

back to the topic at hand: im having a weak day (on a weekend)...the reason i havent acted out today, in order of importance, is because (1) habib (2) uri and (3) the streak...habib: because i owe her, uri, because he's waiting for me to fall and say "GOTCHYA" and the streak...it is what it is...

if there werent so much snow on the ground id go skating...cant do that...went ice skatin last night to make up for it and when i came home i ordered myself a new pair of ice skates, when they come in ill go ice skating more...at least until bryant park packs up for the spring...but i hate staying around the house all day on sinday...drives me crazy...maybe i should go watch the football game...

i dont want you to fall dude and you know that.
I want us all to recover and be healthy and whatever works for you,im down for.
Last Edit: by georgebascomb123.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 20 Dec 2009 20:49 #36201

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
i dint fall because i wanna show myself that i can do it my way...
The most important person to prove something to , is noone but yourself.
Last Edit: 20 Dec 2009 20:53 by chelekeloakmimaal.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes