Welcome, Guest

Still Raging Against The Machine
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Still Raging Against The Machine 28126 Views

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 11 Dec 2009 03:55 #34023

Sorry to hear that Rage. But I'll admit I do enjoy a bit of RATM here and there.

habib613 wrote on 11 Dec 2009 03:46:

he has a nice voice...
i didn't even know he was jewish.

Um, pretty much every awesome person ever was Jewish.

Case in point: Dave Mustaine, the lead singer, songwriter, and lead/rhythm guitarist for one of the most successful METAL bands ever, Megadeth.

I'll bet God is Jewish, too.
Last Edit: by yummyshnitzel.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 11 Dec 2009 04:00 #34026

• habib613
Rage ATM wrote on 11 Dec 2009 03:52:

habib613 wrote on 11 Dec 2009 03:46:

he has a nice voice...
i didn't even know he was jewish.
lol.
i'm learning a lot from you, Rage

not nearly as much as i learned from you habib

if you only knew...Rage ATM wrote on 11 Dec 2009 03:57:

ratm is awesome! anyone that can take "f you i wont do what you tell me" and run it 16 times in a row is awesome...

i agree

and bruce,
you gotta be kidding me. MEGADETH? that's like the worst possible name anyone could ever come up with!
you listen to that stuff?
Last Edit: by konah.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 11 Dec 2009 04:43 #34029

OK, so the name is lame but they have some decent music. I say decent because I side with Metallica in the Megadeth/Metallica feud.

I really prefer "tallica.

Check out "Nothing Else Matters" to see why (it's a ballad, not in-your-face-blow-out-your-eardrums metal).

'tallica is just more musical and their songs are more powerful. They have meaning.

Oh, and Rage: You've actually counted?
Last Edit: by tikun.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 11 Dec 2009 07:29 #34041

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by baruchandben.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 11 Dec 2009 08:28 #34049

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I must admit to not being into very heavy stuff...although I liked meallica (during their alternative rock phase: puppets, black, lightning, load, reload), I only know one megadeth song (trust). These days, tohugh, my taste is a smidge lighter - I find myself being a huge fan of 3 doors down, and some of nickelback's stuff, altohugh some of it needs to be censored. But c'mon - has everyone seen the music video for "if today was your last day?" I thought it was brilliant...
Last Edit: by theyid22.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 11 Dec 2009 14:45 #34088

• habib613
i like YBC...
yes, I do...
Last Edit: by marcin.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 11 Dec 2009 16:39 #34103

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, sadly, jewish music has its issues...I still like journeys (1,2, and 3, not into 4), destiny (largely because of how much I liked it when I was younger), moshav band, kol achai (gret harmonies), even shesiya (chilled out rock, but a real band), plus I try to get ahold of any songs my friends make and throw them on my ipod.
Last Edit: by shmekikanava.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 11 Dec 2009 18:15 #34111

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
You're right. I know that for me, the temptation is that I'll just do it for now. Obviously, that's not what I want my whole life to be. But day by day, we're choosin what are lives are, and will be.

As always, you have an ability to learn from the things around you the lessons that hashem wants you to see.
Last Edit: by danielgarfinkel94 .

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 12 Dec 2009 16:48 #34142

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 11 Dec 2009 17:40:

wake up people!!

i read a story today about a guy that was 100 years old and being released from prison this week after finishing a 10 year sentence. Hes been in and out of jail his entire life for sex related offenses. the last time he was sentences the judge said, "you will die in prison." turns out hes quite spry. in fact, the reverend that ran the halfway house in which this 100 year old dude spent the past few months is horrified at the fact that this guys gonna be out in the public...the revered is convinced this guy will strike again and claims the guy actually is very healthy and can pull it off. this 100 year old guy is gonna have to register as a sex offender and he will only be the SECOND youngest person (theres a 103 yo dude out in the west somewhere)...

so, yeah, most of us here are not anywhere near as sick as this dude BUT teh lesson to be learned is that you must address this kind of stuff early and its never too late to be considered early.... because it simply will not go away...and after 100 years on this planet we would want a better life to look back on than this crazy grampa has....

One of my rabbeim would always say: even when you get old youll still have the same tayvos you just wont have the feet to get you to them. Profound and Prophetios. If thers such a word. :D
Last Edit: by gindyk17.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 12 Dec 2009 17:37 #34149

• kanesher
  • Platinum Boarder
Gemara at the end of Ezehu Neshech -

"3 Hashem hates ....זקן נאוף " - (another one is מי שאשתו מושלת עליו - but that's a different story)

I just read a story about a nursing home murder - this 98 year old woman killed her 100 year old room mate. Go grandma!
Last Edit: by nathan17.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 12 Dec 2009 17:38 #34150

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
When I was back in sem we went and sang and danced in an old age home during Chanuka.

Because there were to be male residents too, we asked a shaila to our

Rav, one of the gedolaei hador then and now.

We wanted to know if it was okay to sing in a group, and dance in front of them;

after all, the average age was 80 plus.

His answer: Im around that age now. Still have natural teivos.

Come back to me at 90 and we can rediscuss it if things have changed!!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by jayay770.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 12 Dec 2009 19:50 #34162

• the.guard
Rabbi Miller was once in the hospital and asked for a male nurse. The doctors said to him "but you're an old man already!". "Yes", replied Rabbi Miller, "but I don't want to become young again!"
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by omritur28.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 12 Dec 2009 19:51 #34163

• the.guard
Some comedian once said, "when I was young, I'd run after temptation... Today, temptation runs from me!"  ;D
Last Edit: by solosaf.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 12 Dec 2009 21:24 #34168

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Theres a famous story with R Elya Lopian. A bocher once told him that he thinks hes gotten past his yh and doesnt have tayvos anymore, therefore excusing actions that he was doing. R Elya answered him; "im in my 70's blind in one eye and can barely see from the other and i still have tayvos to look at improper things". Enough said.
Last Edit: by plonianoni .

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 13 Dec 2009 01:28 #34184

guardureyes wrote on 11 Dec 2009 07:29:

Nope. Doesn't do anything for me.

Actually, I can't stand "Jewish" music. Just can't.
Last Edit: by joestinr.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes