Welcome, Guest

Don't burn out of posting - you need those posts
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Don't burn out of posting - you need those posts 1802 Views

Don't burn out of posting - you need those posts 29 Dec 2016 03:34 #301478

• shua73
  • Current streak: 161 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hi welcome to all those who begin posting when you decide that you're gonna change and then as time goes on you just fall off the map. Also to those times when we feel that something's bothering us and we want to share but tell ourselves that no one cares or is actually listening or that who are we helping by posting and many other excuses:

First, put it into perspective. If you are writing on your thread or detailing parts of your struggle you gain most of all. Stop worrying about if other people will gain from what you write. Did you worry about that the first time you posted?
No. You weren't posting for them - it was a personal experience.

Did that feeling of relief and freedom you felt after introducing yourself come from that you thought that you were helping others?
No. It came from you. You were able to let a part of your soul out and what was eating you up on the inside is now outside of you and you feel free. You were struggling internally and after you posted and wrote out your feelings you are not struggling anymore with those feelings. You let them out.

Also, people are reading what you write even if they don't comment. I find that knowing that people are reading what I wrote helps me clarify my thoughts. Again, it's a personal benefit that can also help others. And no it's not any more selfish than wallowing in despair about how nobody cares ... That sounds quite selfish to me - it's all about whether they care about me. I'm advocating that you be there for yourself just like you want others to be there for you. 

Also, when I post, just the fact that I'm writing about myself clarifies an element of me for me.So if those benefits apply to you, don't ever feel like nobody is listening and you shouldn't post. We are listening and most important of all, you are listening. When you post, those feelings that were inside of you come out and you can now listen to them instead of just feeling them.

Good luck everyone. Help yourself by opening up. As the video link that's attached to I don't remember whose signature discusses, we struggle bc we're lonely. When you stay quiet and don't post you're adding fuel to that fire of loneliness inside you. Don't do it please. If not for your sake do it for mine. I care about you and so do so many other people here.

Again good luck
smile

You can't make everyone happy, you are not pizza.

Re: Don't burn out of posting - you need those posts 29 Dec 2016 11:26 #301492

This is an awesome post.
Man, I need to learn Gemara with you.
I read it first by email, then chazara in our group 196, 
and now another chazara here.
I read it all 3 times. And like Gemara, it's starting to sink in  .

Re: Don't burn out of posting - you need those posts 29 Dec 2016 15:06 #301517

• shua73
  • Current streak: 161 days
  • Gold Boarder
Yosef Tikun HaYesod wrote on 29 Dec 2016 11:26:
This is an awesome post.
Man, I need to learn Gemara with you.
I read it first by email, then chazara in our group 196, 
and now another chazara here.
I read it all 3 times. And like Gemara, it's starting to sink in  .

GGuess what, same here. I wrote it once in email and clarified it a little more by posting it on group 196, and then clarified it a little more here and went back and edited my 196 post to include what I clarified here. I remember when I was in tenth grade I asked my rebbi, what do you think is something that you did to help you get to where you are as a rebbi that I can use in my life to also be successful? He told me writing notes. And just like reading things a couple times helps you get it clearer, writing does it too.
smile

You can't make everyone happy, you are not pizza.

Re: Don't burn out of posting - you need those posts 29 Dec 2016 19:21 #301543

I totally agree.
I've been writing down some of the main points of Rav Fishel Shechter and Rav Ben Zion Shafier
shiurim, and it definitely helps me, so the points sink in better.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes