Welcome, Guest

I will make it b'e"h
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I will make it b'e"h 227244 Views

Re: I will make it b"h 23 Feb 2017 15:09 #306636

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
In active addiction I would plug away during 2nd seder. Not a word of batalah. How could I do such a thing?!
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: I will make it b"h 23 Feb 2017 20:36 #306652

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I do not understand the question
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: I will make it b"h 23 Feb 2017 20:54 #306653

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 23 Feb 2017 20:36:
I do not understand the question

It was rhetorical.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: I will make it b"h 23 Feb 2017 21:56 #306660

• Dov
  • Administrator
Simple and obvious. You had to be extra good in seder. You needed to do somethings that were really truly good in order to counterbalance the horrible choices you were making before, during, and after acting out your lust. Most of us frum masturbaters do that when acting out is a part of our lives.

If we didn't balance it, we'd have an ever harder time acting out. The self-loathing would overcome us.

So in our acting out times, our frumkeit actually enables our acting out and makes us worse. Which is so ironic, for at the time, we were under the impression that our frumkeit was some degree of tikkun for the sins....quite the opposite was true, and Hashem knew this all along (cuz He's not stupid).

We are a hot mess in addiction.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: I will make it b"h 23 Feb 2017 22:11 #306664

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep actually had an experience like that (though still think that I am not an addict)

happened about 3 1/2 years ago I did something stupid and used someone else's card to call a chat line a charge came up blah blah blah we all know how it goes.
Anyways the guy whos card I used came to me to discuss it and my chavrusah was there and helped to calm him down.
We went to call the phone company (just me and my chavrusah) to "figure" out when the call was made .....I ended up telling him everything...
One of the things he told me then was that until the conversation in the B"M he had no clue that I even had a problem (something I told the other guy tipped him off) 
He was surprised at first but then said after thinking about it that really it makes sense as knowing me it is not surprising that I can have 2 tracks in my brain and that is why I was able to be super focused when I wanted to be even though I was calling for hours every night and masturbating a couple of times a day at that point (I was so scared to go to the bathroom that's how bad I was)
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: I will make it b"h 24 Feb 2017 04:58 #306696

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 23 Feb 2017 22:11:
Yep actually had an experience like that (though still think that I am not an addict)

happened about 3 1/2 years ago I did something stupid and used someone else's card to call a chat line a charge came up blah blah blah we all know how it goes.
Anyways the guy whos card I used came to me to discuss it and my chavrusah was there and helped to calm him down.
We went to call the phone company (just me and my chavrusah) to "figure" out when the call was made .....I ended up telling him everything...
One of the things he told me then was that until the conversation in the B"M he had no clue that I even had a problem (something I told the other guy tipped him off) 
He was surprised at first but then said after thinking about it that really it makes sense as knowing me it is not surprising that I can have 2 tracks in my brain and that is why I was able to be super focused when I wanted to be even though I was calling for hours every night and masturbating a couple of times a day at that point (I was so scared to go to the bathroom that's how bad I was)

Like I said elsewhere, this is a dehumanizing challenge. When we act out it brings out the worst.

Re: I will make it b"h 24 Feb 2017 08:22 #306703

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 23 Feb 2017 22:11:

Sounds like it's not the bochur who needs help ;-)

But looks like you've actually gotten help! Kol haKavod! Now work step 12.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: I will make it b"h 24 Feb 2017 08:46 #306710

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
That story was about 4 years ago I have grown much since then

I have no problem working step 12 just really do not want to do that during 1st seder

Do not think that I am insulted by the responses if anything I appreciated them
Thank you

Re: I will make it b"h 24 Feb 2017 09:31 #306717

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
Have a great Shabbos 

Re: I will make it b"h 24 Feb 2017 09:32 #306719

• hudaugen
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Senior Boarder
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 22 Feb 2017 19:43:
Mostly 1st seder not going so well learning with a bocher that has issues (the Rosh knows)

We all have issues, but let me know what you did about it. I am also learning with someone who want to shmooze but i just do not have patients for that until we finish the Daf and he goes like talking first and afterward when there is still time we can learn something. 

Re: I will make it b"h 25 Feb 2017 21:27 #306764

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
Probably will white knuckle through the rest of the zman but will see....

Re: I will make it b"h 25 Feb 2017 22:02 #306767

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
We are here for you brother...try to have the honest conversations with yourself to start to get past the white knuckling and into a more stable place where you know its not what you are really needing... which you do know.

Re: I will make it b"h 25 Feb 2017 22:43 #306769

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 25 Feb 2017 21:27:
Probably will white knuckle through the rest of the zman but will see....

Meaning about the chvrusah situation

B"H no need to white knuckle with the lust issues as of today.....

Thanks for the chizuk GS

Re: I will make it b"h 26 Feb 2017 04:27 #306780

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
BH
Was going to ask but I assumed
We should call getting through real life something else.

Re: I will make it b"h 27 Feb 2017 16:03 #306958

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 70

Thank you all for makin this possible, now
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Last Edit: 27 Feb 2017 16:04 by mayanhamisgaber.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes