Welcome, Guest

Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 34032 Views

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 10 Dec 2009 05:14 #33726

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Yea 20 is a great number. It's my age, as well as how many ice cream bars I ate at dinner tonight!! Ok it was only 2, not 20, but I could have eaten 20 of them...

EDIT: I just noticed that this was the 90th post in this thread. I can't see any great significance, but I just thought I'd mention it.
Last Edit: 10 Dec 2009 05:17 by sholem.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 10 Dec 2009 10:56 #33799

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
20 Ice cream bars??? What??? And what was that you wrote in the small letters. 
Last Edit: by unlucky.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 10 Dec 2009 10:58 #33800

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I just noticed that this was the 90th post in this thread. I can't see any great significance, but I just thought I'd mention it.

There is great significance in the number 90... I remember once hearing something about it (was it on GYE?)... I don't recall...  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by mytikkun.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 11 Dec 2009 03:22 #34013

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today was day 21. It was not a great day as far as productivity is concerned; I slept in and missed morning seder and DC's call. But other than that, it was a great day! I called in to Elya's call tonight, and that was helpful. I wish I had more to say, but today is not one of those days (you know, the ones where you have a great epiphany). Enjoy the Thursday night chulet y'all (or sushi if that's your thing)!!
Last Edit: by eli20042004.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 11 Dec 2009 07:30 #34042

• the.guard
thanks for checking in, ano. It's always good to hear from you.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by samueld18.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 11 Dec 2009 19:01 #34116

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Whoopee! Today is day 22. Again I don't have much to say, but I've made up to post every day until 90, so I'm doing it. Have a great Shabbos everyone, and a wonderful Chanuka as well!
Last Edit: by guardianofeyes.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 12 Dec 2009 16:38 #34137

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep roaring Ano. Sorry about friday/thursday night. Tomim was making me a little nuts and then i had to start making the chulent and what not.
Last Edit: by doobie.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 13 Dec 2009 06:31 #34220

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
No problem dude. Hope the chulent came out all right!

Today was day 23. This is going better than expected. I gotta get Tomim's number ready for the inevitable strike. You hear me Tomim?  :D
Last Edit: by davidfaena.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 13 Dec 2009 09:43 #34278

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Hope there were sufganiot in the chulent

Keep up that count Ano!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by eshet chayil.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 13 Dec 2009 19:35 #34338

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today (Sunday) is day 24. I went to bed at 6AM this morning, and woke up at about 2PM with a "nocturnal emission." I put it in quotes because I did not see or dream anything. I just woke up wet. I didn't even think anything before I went to sleep which could have caused it (something I used to do a lot in the past). Basically, I'm thrilled that this happened without my having any part in it. I love Chanukah, but I wish I was celebrating it with some family, which I am not.

Other than that, everything is swell! 
Last Edit: by nervous.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 13 Dec 2009 20:08 #34346

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
WTGA!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by sbsocial .

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 13 Dec 2009 20:28 #34354

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, man - Happy chanuka! I hope you have someone to celebrate with, at least!
Last Edit: by aj steve.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 13 Dec 2009 21:37 #34373

• the.guard
Basically, I'm thrilled that this happened without my having any part in it.

That's the spirit!  :D
Last Edit: by keyvamoed.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 13 Dec 2009 22:46 #34402

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
I love Chanukah, but I wish I was celebrating it with some family, which I am not.

Cmon man what is that supposed to mean. You can celebrate with the whole GYE family. Were all here ready and rollin to celebrate!!! Cheer up man its hannukah were supposed to be happy!!!
Last Edit: by disp97.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 14 Dec 2009 03:23 #34446

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Guys,
Epiphany time :D

I was walking around a few minutes ago on a large street. I got myself something to eat, and did a little food shopping. As is always the case, there were many women walking around. My instinct, of course, told me to give the "initial peek" (which is really just used to determine if staring is warranted). Surprisingly, I just didn't do it. Whereas in the past when the same thing happened I'd give myself a pat on the back and my ego would go up a notch, this time I just felt a tremendous feeling of joy and connection to God, and an endless amount of gratitude to him for simply taking the battle away. I'm no tzaddik, but I sure feel a lot closer to God now than I ever have in the past. And the pleasure and serenity I gained from that feeling of connectedness was 1000x greater than what I have ever felt from patting myself on the back and telling myself what a tzaddik I am  (not to mention how much more effective it is in helping me avoid it all for the long term). I can only hope it will continue this way...  :
Last Edit: by jacksmithshteig.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes