Welcome, Guest

Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 34025 Views

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 07 Dec 2009 01:04 #32759

• habib613
yummmmmmm.....

soooo much better than sushi!
Last Edit: by yeahjustyeah.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 07 Dec 2009 01:39 #32767

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
What are everyone's favorite ice cream flavors?
Last Edit: by ayidman.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 07 Dec 2009 04:16 #32776

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
My favorite flavor of ice cream is free.
Last Edit: by basyisroel!.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 07 Dec 2009 04:40 #32778

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
:D :D :D Nice!

Problem is, that's usually by chasunas, and pareve ice cream isn't usually the best. Although, depending on how the size of the budget for the chasuna, I actually have tasted some pretty amazing stuff (but i think the budget was something like the GDP of a small country)...
Last Edit: by koshereyes26.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 07 Dec 2009 10:04 #32785

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Even guard doesn't have the time to write much here anymore.

I had some ice cream today (for the first time in a few weeks) and it was so bad I felt like gagging. Next time, it's hagen dasz for me!!

Hi Ano, I understand how you feel about the texture. We all get that sometimes. Don't let it get you down. There will be better ice-cream one day for you, if you just hold out. We are with you!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by shmulie.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 07 Dec 2009 16:56 #32895

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the chizuk guard!
I know I fell really hard with that good humor bar, but for the next 90 days I'm going to do all I can to make sure it's only hagen dasz! Please Hashem don't let me fall again!!

P.S.
Today = day 18.
Last Edit: by brownsam.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 08 Dec 2009 18:23 #33274

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day 19. The first 18 days were completely lust free. Last night I let it slip in a crack. I shut it out pretty quickly, but I'm posting it here anyway because I feel that I need to be completely honest with everyone (myself included). I did not look at pictures or anything, I just allowed the thoughts in my head to get out of control. I went to sleep and woke up without the lust. I also made an observation recently about one thing which led to a really bad week for me a while back. Many of my friends like to discuss which actresses/women they find attractive and why. This kind of talk is fun of course, but it quickly (at least for me) leads down lust lane. From those conversations I couldn't get a particular woman I saw out of my head, and then I began to feel nostalgic about it. "Of course what she does is disgusting, but I can't go forever without watching it ever again." That escalates into "Ok, I'll just watch it one last time..." and we all know what happens after that. So one of the key things for me is to avoid feeling nostalgic about the behaviors I am avoiding. If it's wrong, I need to NOT look back at what was done in the past and feel bad that I won't "be able" to do it in the future. Instead, I need to just focus on right now, and stay away from anything triggering. Have a great day everyone!
Ano
Last Edit: by dave1.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 08 Dec 2009 18:39 #33277

• habib613
it's really good that you recognize what triggers you
have a great day u too
Last Edit: by Udam.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 08 Dec 2009 19:43 #33287

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
one of the key things for me is to avoid feeling nostalgic about the behaviors I am avoiding.

Very true! We can't be succesful with this until we decide once and for all that LUST is our sacrifice for Hashem in this world. We can't be "dry drunks" all our lives.

Besides for the fact it will destroy us, we also have to be ready to say, "I am ready to die for my King". We can't "miss" the stuff. We are in the elite forces. Like that picture e-mail from a few days ago... The king is passing us by right now. Wouldn't you die for Him? How can we let the "lust bug" crawling accross our face make us start jumping up and down like a fool in front of Him?

We will always be "allergic" to lust when it jumps out at us - if we take it in. But we can stay away from it and let it go...

Even David hamelech, who's heart was "chalal bekirbo" - once he saw what he saw (in the story of Bas Sheva), he sinned... So no matter how much we let it go, we still have to avoid the first drink or we get an allergic reaction. We can achieve freedom from it, “chalal bekirbo”, as long as we let it go – AND – we don’t allow the first drink.

Keep up the awesome job, ano power!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by hello29.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 08 Dec 2009 21:48 #33326

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow Guard havent seen a post like that from you in a long time! Keep it up ano. You must be doing something right if your getting things like this out of the Guard.
Last Edit: by Holyboys.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 09 Dec 2009 04:21 #33380

• Tomim2B
guardureyes wrote on 08 Dec 2009 19:43:
We are in the elite forces. Like that picture e-mail from a few days ago...

And here I am thing about those guys from the New York police force, standing their post with greasy fingers and a half-eaten plate of nachos. Sumfin aint right here!  
Last Edit: by t ratkin.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 09 Dec 2009 19:58 #33592

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Over 24 hours and no Ano post? :o

Where you be, kid?
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by garquin.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 09 Dec 2009 22:13 #33647

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hark. Goes the cannon.
Last Edit: by maisey .

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 10 Dec 2009 04:05 #33718

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
So today was day 20! Sorry 7up, but I don't set a 24 hour timer and make sure to post in this thread within every 24 hour period. What I actually do is make sure to post every DAY. Sometimes, that means that my posts can be more than 24 hours apart (e.g. if I post at 7PM on day 1 and 10PM 27 hours later). How's that for an explanation? 

I hear the cannon roar.
Last Edit: by strugglingneedhelp.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 10 Dec 2009 04:47 #33724

• habib613
GAG!!!!

20's awesome!
Last Edit: by chaimlevy.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes