Welcome, Guest

Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 34035 Views

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 01 Dec 2009 07:15 #31418

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I posted it in the "what works for me" section. Here's the link rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1303.0

Please give me suggestions and/or feedback. Alternatively, tell me how you'll never forgive me for the 3.4 minutes you spent reading that piece of drivel...
Last Edit: by oh13.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 01 Dec 2009 07:34 #31420

• TrYiNg
Hey ano, read throught this thread...now onto the other one..You really are an inspiration. Over 90 days clean, and thats without the forum??!! I don't think I can survive ONE  ;D

Today is day 11. I got to join the conference call (Duvid Chaim's) and then I talked to Tomim on the phone for over an hour. Overall, it was a very inspiring day, and it was the kind of day I wish every day could be. But alas, it's not that way!

Me too. I got onto the call and low and behold, I actually..uh..I'm embarrassed to say I fell asleep   :-[ :-[. Don't get me wrong. The call was fascinating. It gave me alot to think about. Just I was very tired..one minute I heard DC's voice, and the next I heard "hello, Hello". C'mon, anyone mind that I sleep on the call ?  ::)  :o I think the words sink in better that way  8)
Last Edit: by debbie123.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 01 Dec 2009 08:02 #31421

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
hahahaha I can see how DC's voice could have that kind of effect if you're tired (which I wasn't).
I'm glad I inspired you, but It's not what you think. I DID have the forum (where did I say I didn't?), and not only that, guard started the Wall of honor chart and forums in my honor, so I ended up being the first one on there. It's sort of like what Rage is TrYiNg to do with Habib. I just COULDN'T fall and let guard down, so I ended up on the wall of honor by default. You can credit me if you'd like, but I don't think I deserve any of it.  :D
Last Edit: by Shshjsjsj.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 01 Dec 2009 20:55 #31524

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day 12. I'm feeling a little down because I'm not getting where I want to in terms of davening and learning. I'm going to sleep late and waking up late. Even though I'm doing nothing wrong at night (I'm addicted to this forum), I still want to have a normal schedule, and this is not it...
I realize that old habits are hard to break, and I'm definitely in the habit of not doing much learning or davening. I don't miss tefillin anymore, but that's the only good thing I can credit myself with. Have a wonderful day everybody (even those who don't read the drivel I post in this thread)!!
Last Edit: by vayimaen80.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 02 Dec 2009 00:27 #31555

• habib613
i think mom needs to enforce our bedtimes...
hope you had a good day
Last Edit: by Letstryanew.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 02 Dec 2009 00:42 #31559

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
habib613 wrote on 02 Dec 2009 00:27:

i think mom needs to enforce our bedtimes...

Agreed.
I had a good day. I feel like the group support is holding me up at this point, to the point that I don't have any desire to do anything I shouldn't. The real test will be what I do when that fades. I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon!
Last Edit: by noname318.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 02 Dec 2009 05:53 #31609

• TrYiNg
I'm going to sleep late and waking up late

I got myself a twin...
Welcome to the retarded schedule world 

The real test will be what I do when that fades. I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon

When what fades?? Group support? NEVER
GO ANO!!!
Last Edit: by 1day613.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 02 Dec 2009 12:21 #31647

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Today is day 12. I'm feeling a little down because I'm not getting where I want to in terms of davening and learning.

A great piece from Dov.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by tshuvatime.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 02 Dec 2009 18:59 #31709

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day 13. I still have not had any real tests, but I know now that when they do come, I have people to call. Duvid Chaim's call was good, as always, but the 12 steps is going to be hard for me. I'm going to have to put my life into writing and share it, which I have never done before (I've done the writing, but never shared it with anyone else). I hope everything keeps going in the same direction it's going now (UP). Thanks to everyone who's posted in my thread; it means a lot to me.
Last Edit: 03 Dec 2009 18:40 by willbebetter.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 02 Dec 2009 21:46 #31741

• TrYiNg
Duvid Chaim's call was good, as always, but the 12 steps is going to be hard for me.

Ye, me too. Just looking at that spreadsheet gave me jitters.. :o :-[
Last Edit: by 5789.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 03 Dec 2009 00:32 #31796

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I didn't get the spreadsheet, so I've sent an email to Duvid Chaim. They say there's no such thing as a free lunch, so it's foolish of me to assume I can just make the problem go away by joining a 12 step conference call and nothing else. I got to where I am now by putting in effort, and if I want to climb even higher I'm going to have to put in even more effort (both physical and emotional). I think the end result is worth it though!!  ;D
Last Edit: by greatful01012018.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 03 Dec 2009 17:53 #31994

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Given up with bedtimes for you teens; it's a hopeless situation.

More chance of beating this addiction than beating you guys into bed at any humanly sane hour : :
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by HelloThere.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 03 Dec 2009 18:15 #32003

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
7Up wrote on 03 Dec 2009 17:53:

Given up with bedtimes for you teens; it's a hopeless situation.

More chance of beating this addiction than beating you guys into bed at any humanly sane hour : :

I'm not a teen anymore mom :D
Last Edit: by ezweitzner.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 03 Dec 2009 18:44 #32011

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day 14. I mistakenly wrote that yesterday was 12, when it was really 13 (I've edited the post). So on DC's call today we discussed the worksheet that we need to fill out. I need to write down all my resentments and who causes them, as well as how they affect me and what my part is in them. This is not gonna be fun, but once I'm done with it I'm sure it'll feel as if a weight was lifted off my shoulders... 

BTW, these 14 days have been completely lust free. Not so much as a smidgen of it. I is VERY happy about dis  ;D ;D
Last Edit: by frince.

Re: Ano Nymous Part 2 - A new year and a new 90 day journey! 03 Dec 2009 18:49 #32014

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep it up Ano. Hope to join you in this journey. Im holding by  but im taking it slow this time. Be careful theres kids out there. ;D I mean with the cannon.
Last Edit: by jmyers99.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes