Welcome, Guest

Climbin' Higher
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Climbin' Higher 5811 Views

Re: Climbin' Higher 14 Oct 2016 04:33 #296391

I just wanted to thank the RBSH"O for helping me get to 50 days!!!
This is the first time in many years that I have gone the entire Elul and aseres y'mei teshuva clean. B'h it's a wonderful feeling to feel normal. Now, the yetzer hara is very sly, so he comes a lot to try to tell me that I was right all along to think that I never had such a big problem with this and therefore I shouldn't waste my time worrying about it so much. Of course I know that the minute I let down my guard I will find myself back where I was.
Amazingly, the more time that goes by in a clean state the less of a battle I find I need to have.
My approach has been basically to completely hand over the pekel of taavos to Hashem and ask Him to deal with it so that I can get on with my life. I say a silent prayer when faced with temptation, I say that ״את האלוקים אני ירא״ and I want deeply to live according to Your Will, yet there is nothing I can do b'teva while being faced with this situation except to hand it over to you and trust that You will deal with it for me. I don't even ask for strength to fight it, rather I ask that He fight it instead of me as I cannot fight it, for if I do I will surely lose. I find that this has really worked and as a result I have felt much closer to Hashem. I have been trying hard to think of my relationship with Him as a young child to a parent, whom it is natural to completely rely upon for almost everything.
I hope and pray for all of our continued recovery and strength in these areas. May Hashem grant us all a year of bracha and kedusha.

Re: Climbin' Higher 14 Oct 2016 21:00 #296465

• teshuvahguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you for your beautiful post. I have just hit 30 days and I am looking to follow in your footsteps. Thanks for sharing! 

TG

Re: Climbin' Higher 14 Oct 2016 21:01 #296466

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Teshuvahguy wrote on 14 Oct 2016 21:00:
Thank you for your beautiful post. I have just hit 30 days and I am looking to follow in your footsteps. Thanks for sharing! 

TG

Mazel Tov! 
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Climbin' Higher 04 Nov 2016 03:07 #297307

B'h I have reached 70 days, one day at a time! May hkbh grant us continued hatzlocha.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes