Welcome, Guest

It's finally the time!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: It's finally the time! 1845 Views

It's finally the time! 12 Jul 2016 04:01 #291775

• proudchabadnick
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Senior Boarder
Ok guys, I introduced myself on the Introduce Yourself forum so you can check me out there. The subject is This will not define me or click guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/290232-Re-This-will-NOT-define-me!?limit=15&start=15#291773.

I'm holding Day #5 on my journey, and as someone once said "every journey begins with one step". I know that even if I do hit 90 days I won't be cured; I will have to continue to be on guard.

I'm using the Taphsic method, and so far seeing some success with it.

I want to give myself one last serious try before I declare myslef an addict.

See you in 90 days!!

Re: It's finally the time! 12 Jul 2016 08:44 #291785

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
proudchabadnick wrote on 12 Jul 2016 04:01:
I want to give myself one last serious try before I declare myslef an addict.

You should try and continue to try to break free and even look for new tools if things don't get better.
Don't be scared to be declared as an addict. Calling or not calling yourself an addict is not what's going to help you.
best wishes and keep being proud of yourself

*  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: It's finally the time! 13 Jul 2016 02:40 #291838

• proudchabadnick
  • Senior Boarder
Day #6: Bh still clean.

Re: It's finally the time! 14 Jul 2016 02:31 #291890

• chazak1
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey thanks for posting.  I'm starting over and I'm at day 5.  Looking forward to the excitement of another successful day tomorrow!

Re: It's finally the time! 15 Jul 2016 05:44 #292013

• proudchabadnick
  • Senior Boarder
Day #7: I almost fell through today. I was online watching some bad stuff and I ran to the bathroom to maturbate, but I held myself back at the last moment. I though to myself "I can't do this. I'm on the way to 90 days!" B"h I was able to stop.

Day #8: Today wasn't that difficult. I used to have to masturbate to all asleep (I'm a terrible insoniac), but I have't had to during the past few days. I decided that I was getting too much sleep, so I'm sleeping 5 1/2 to 6 hours a night. This helps, and so far most nights I am able to fall asleep within a half an hour.

Re: It's finally the time! 16 Jul 2016 16:55 #292063

• chazak1
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Way to go!  I'm day 8 today.  It's going to keep getting better. 

Re: It's finally the time! 25 Jul 2016 00:58 #292578

• proudchabadnick
  • Senior Boarder
Haven't posted for a week.
I got to to day #8 and fell through. After that, I just gave up for a few days. But now B"H I'm motivated and holding day #1.
I'm also exploring SA and the 12 Steps. If anyone has any advice or suggestions, please give a shout.

Last Edit: 25 Jul 2016 01:01 by proudchabadnick.

Re: It's finally the time! 25 Jul 2016 02:11 #292580

• willandtonya
  • Current streak: 584 days
  • Senior Boarder
I read in one of the Chizuk emails of someone saying "it was good" that they failed. It caused them to re-evaluate themselves. This is an important part of the process. From what the sages have written, we are in a sense, in a great spiritual place. We can become greater than a tzadik in overcoming this. Be encouraged friend, Hashem has great plans for your, and know that we are all rooting for you.

May Hashem strengthen you on your journey!!!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes