Welcome, Guest

my Road to Freedom
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: my Road to Freedom 2925 Views

my Road to Freedom 19 May 2016 22:38 #288309

• SkyBird
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Fresh Boarder
1day goal done , 89 to go 
Guys suggested I post everyday because it will help , so , I am here , Doing what needs to be done .
for now These are my plans :
1- Guard My Eyes
2-taphsic & read GYE book
3-post here to remember my goal
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2016 12:29 by SkyBird.

Re: Road to Freedom 20 May 2016 02:47 #288320

Sounds like a great start. Keep it up and let us know how it's going! 
Feel free to email me at BenTorah.BaalHabayis@gmail.com

1 day may be too long for me, but I take it OWAAT = One wave at a time, cause the lust comes and goes like a wave which rises and crashes.

Re: Road to Freedom 20 May 2016 09:59 #288348

• SkyBird
  • Fresh Boarder
I was able to past the second day . it was So dangerous , I made some mistake like staying up too late , Not Thinking about the fact that little temptations give space to bigger ones and checking unnecessary stuff on internet . though I was in my bed I kept checking  those stuff with my phone till it got dangerous and it was hard to stop then , I didn't think I will pause and throw my phone to other side of room to stop myself , It doesn't happen when you are on edge right ? I think I was helped . 

Still Clean , Thanks .

Re: Road to Freedom 20 May 2016 20:28 #288418

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
Staying up late can be a huge mistake.

It's great that you know this.

Keep up the good work.

Keep on posting.

Re: Road to Freedom 21 May 2016 10:33 #288452

• SkyBird
  • Fresh Boarder
inastruggle wrote on 20 May 2016 20:28:
Staying up late can be a huge mistake.

It's great that you know this.

Keep up the good work.

Keep on posting.

Thanks , Due to this addiction I have a hard time sleeping , I'm do some intense martial arts training in a academy on odd days of the week , still struggling .

Day third done , I went out with my friends , created some memories , stayed away from loneliness .
It's strange , now that I am posting here I don't want to ruin my streak and topic I have in this forum ,It's like if I give in I will lose it !

Re: Road to Freedom 22 May 2016 02:28 #288466

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm a big fan of exercise in general and I think there's a great benefit we can get out of it in our struggle as well.

Ruining your streak is a good motivator at the beginning. At some point it gets old though. I have two reccomendations for you.

1) Take a pen and paper and write out all the reason you want to stop (you might want to write all the reasons you don't want to stop as well)

2) Browse the site and forum and read up about other tools, connect with guys here, and learn the attitudes that so many of us find helpful.

KOP and KUTGW!

Re: Road to Freedom 26 May 2016 09:14 #288931

• SkyBird
  • Fresh Boarder
It's strange when I was at 3rd day 192 were ahead of me [ if I am remembering okay ] , Now after 8 days clean 142 are ahead of me , It shows a few had a fall and mostly succeed , I'm thinking about the day I will be ahead of everyone and 142 people have reached 90 day.

1) Take a pen and paper and write out all the reason you want to stop (you might want to write all the reasons you don't want to stop as well)

thanks for the advice , and yeah I think after a few weeks streak isn't going to be the top motivation. so I better find greater reasons.

Re: my Road to Freedom 29 Jun 2016 12:43 #290999

• SkyBird
  • Fresh Boarder
It's been 17 days now that I have not committed this great sin ( misusing my body & mind and leading my life to a wrong path ).
In a materialism view , I have to say if there are a ton of reason we can write why we should not do this , losing energy needed for the day , getting angry easier , feeling hopeless , not being able to enjoy the daily life as one can and and and ... . It's about being logical right? seeing the far future instead of and hour of horny  (disrespectful)  enjoyment !
Thanks to religion thoughts & ways it's easier to stop the temptation knowing there is more prize in stopping rather than giving in to the momentary pleasure . The more we are close to Him the less you want something someone or some of our actions , create distance in between .

I have to say if I have been able to stay right for these last weeks it's absolutely and undoubtedly thanks to God's great kindness , protection and blessings .
I simply hope that I can be someone deserving the blessings, and I'm afraid of losing them too.
at the end, you have my blessing in your try and fail path to your Ultimate win ,which, believe that you will get there .
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2016 13:27 by skeptical.

Re: my Road to Freedom 01 Jul 2016 02:49 #291135

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep up the good work. 

Do you feel like you need anything else to stay clean or is this fine? 
It should be getting easier for the most part not harder.

Re: my Road to Freedom 02 Jul 2016 16:44 #291231

• SkyBird
  • Fresh Boarder
I think my daily prayers are keeping my spirits , and I'm on fortifyprogram.org schedule and it helps really much clearing things out .
yeah it's gotten easier since day 10-14 I usually fall somewhere there , this might sound cheezy but it really has been thanks to god that I've reached this far , The calmness I get from the prays , the relaxation . 

also thanks for checking my boring replays  

Re: my Road to Freedom 03 Jul 2016 03:10 #291240

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
KUTGW and keep us updated. 

Make sure to ask for help if you need it.

Good luck.

Re: my Road to Freedom 01 Sep 2016 13:09 #294622

• SkyBird
  • Fresh Boarder
Its day 81 , Im clean but I dont see it like I've done something great , Im still easily bored , worrisome . I though me not having motivation was about this sin , Looks like I have other things to look into . to be honest thanks to god , and my hard team-style martial arts class I've gone , It was an easy road ( or maybe I hate masterb.... so much , cause Last time I got on edge I remember I got super angry I didnt do it :D ) .
Okay now that Im writing here , Im actually feeling better , Its because I know good people are here who read it . anyway I think there is more wrong in my life than this addiction , So Im gonna try find them and fix them too . ofc I did NOT watch any movies having any sexual interaction or if I did I fast forwarded that part I really guarded my eyes . I just wanted to say losing this addiction is why we are here , but we better remember there maybe other problems which just like this addiction , we absolutely can overcome
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes