Welcome, Guest

gettingbackupnow!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: gettingbackupnow!! 15646 Views

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 20 Mar 2009 16:52 #3914

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Going into shabbos ok,a bit shakey yesterday,bur B"h I made it!The work and the battle is hard really hard,painfull at times.I now that it all is worth it.
Last Edit: by .

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 21 Mar 2009 21:49 #3925

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
You're doing great, I updated your chart to 22 days...

But dear GettingHelp, if you're feeling shaky and REALLY want to "get help" - why don't you do the one thing that everyone knows can REALLY make a difference, and join a strong SA group in your area?!

Please read what I wrote to Ben today, to congratulate him on reaching 90 days. You can see it here. Read the excerpt from the article I posted there. It is very important for all of us to understand.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 21 Mar 2009 21:52 by .

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 25 Mar 2009 15:24 #4069

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
I do see my addiction Dr wkly and I do attend meeting via the phone.I am really starting to see some serious results in my life.B'H I am getting  help!

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 25 Mar 2009 19:23 #4106

• Ykv_schwartz
That's great! We are cheering you on.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 25 Mar 2009 19:30 #4109

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
B"H GUE helped with what could have been a HUGE fall.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 25 Mar 2009 19:40 #4112

• the.guard
We love you gettingHelp. Your honesty in facing this monster within is refreshing! Stick with us and we'll do all we can to help you!

I want you to know that I restricted your account only for your soul. Your soul can continue posting here, and read the other men's posts, and continue to get and give Chizuk. However, I did limit the account to your Yetzer hara, who you anyway don't want. As you know, with an addiction, the yetzer hara is so sly, so sneeky, so insidious and plays so dirty, that I wanted to limit his ability to bother you and give you crazy ideas. I wanted your soul to feel safe on this forum - and be able to use it only for Teshuvah and Chizuk, without being afraid from yourself.

I would usually block such a strong yetzer Hara from our forum altogether, but I hear your Yetzer Tov calling out for help with true sincerity and I want to give him a chance.

Please continue with therapy and please STRONGLY consider joining an all-men 12-Step SA group in your area. You need still to get more help than just therapy and posting on our forum.

We want to help you, we are here for you.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 25 Mar 2009 19:47 #4113

• Mevakesh Hashem
Yes, gettinghelp, we are all here for you.

Please consider what GUARD did to your account as a huge gift! In fact, send him a thank you card!

You can win this battle! Stay strong and stay away from the enemy's territory (u know exactly what I mean!)

Chazak V'Ematz!

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 25 Mar 2009 21:43 #4125

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
A father only punishes a so  because he loves him and wants him to better.A father can see just how much potential  a son has to offer and by punishing he is in fact making hima  better son.SO A BIG THANK YOU TO GUE for all the help and chizuk.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 25 Mar 2009 22:22 #4126

• the.guard
You're welcome. Stick with us, keep up the fight, keep davening. You'll get there. You'll even be able to help others one day.

What do you say to the Chizuk e-mails the past few days? Are you looking into 12-Step SA groups?

We're here for you.
Last Edit: by treasurecreature.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 26 Mar 2009 15:05 #4147

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Humbled but that much stronger from yesterday's events.All I want for this Rosh Chodesh is to get thru today clean and healthy,please G-D.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 26 Mar 2009 17:48 #4152

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
About to attend a phone meeting,just wanted to add"For every time we have a test that we pass,we move up  to a higher level in our relationship with ourselves and Hashem.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 26 Mar 2009 19:01 #4154

• Ykv_schwartz
profound.  Thanks for inspiring us

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 26 Mar 2009 21:07 #4160

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
B'H a really good simple plain Rosh Chodesh,full of blessings and nissim!!!I just need to open my eyes wider to see all the help Hashem has sent and to use it daily,hour by hour.Again a gig thank you to GUE for all the help he has given to me by being Hashems shliach.May he blessed to continue in his most beautiful ways!!!!!!

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 26 Mar 2009 21:40 #4162

• Ykv_schwartz
optimism is so contagious. Keep inspiring us. We love it all.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 27 Mar 2009 14:36 #4195

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
We all on GUE have come  along way,each in our own special way.B'H there is a place likes this the Hashem has created in his loving kindness see that there is so much in the way of help for our addiction,it humbles me.We(I) need to reach out more and take it all in.I look at and read the different ways people,holy people o GUE have been giving and getting help and it makes me smile.I have been the so lucky and blessed to be on this site and receive so much help,thank GUE!!!!We must never ever let the y'h get us down,depressed or to give up.May we all be blessed to take the holy sparks of kiddushah from this Shabbos and use them to grow.
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes