Welcome, Guest

gettingbackupnow!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: gettingbackupnow!! 15784 Views

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 27 May 2009 20:48 #5418

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Mazal Tov!  And what a wonderful way to go into Shavuos!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by avraham123.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 27 May 2009 21:07 #5419

• bardichev
mazel tov what awai to finish off sefira.
The Heilige Bardichever (REb Levi Yizcchak ben Sara Sasha) would have been weeping from joy and pleading withHashem to see how wonderful his childeren are.
h&h
bardichev
Last Edit: by .

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 28 May 2009 14:19 #5449

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
From the bottom of my heart t thank you to all for the support. I am now starting  anew 90 days.This will be a bit more serious and strict.I will try to strip away even more of the barriers and eliminate some of the allowances(T.V.,not being careful with my eyes,only wearing a kippa no baseball hats,).I am now a stronger person and a lot more aware of my koach and how much Hashem sends help  to me.The hardest thing  is to still let go and let G-D take over in all areas.With help from Hashem these next 90 days will be a deeper and more meaningful process..... another tikkun brining me closer to Hashem,my wife and family,and especially myself.So GUE I would like to start a second 90 days on the chart.
Last Edit: by .

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 28 May 2009 14:26 #5450

• chl
bs"d

behaztlocho rabba! I can't say how inspiring it is to hear your story!

Gut Yom-Tov!
Last Edit: by psyc6826.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 28 May 2009 14:29 #5451

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
On a practical note: with regard to the baseball cap vs. the Kippa, keep in mind that, when you need sun protection, a baseball cap does a much better job.  So, I'm not sure that you want to rule out the baseball cap under any and all circumstances!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by Achievingmyname.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 31 May 2009 13:06 #5479

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Ok, you're back up on the 90 day chart. I called you "GettingHelp - Level2"!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by AviSim.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 02 Jun 2009 01:25 #5572

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
A very interesting day,B"H.I avoided a major fall by occupying myself.Howver my time could have been spent in a much more productive way.I need to really dig deep down,roll up my sleeves and push on.This requires hard work,not difficult or complicated work,just plin old hard work.Hashem needs to see put my sincere and honest work into myself,to really give me the help I need.Hashem call sout to all of those who call out to him HONESTLY.One of my character flaws is being egocntric and caught up in the prestige of life.I must must strip away all the lies and barriers little by little to live a true honest torah life.Keep away from avarot and stay with the mitzvot!!!
Last Edit: by STAYKosher.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 02 Jun 2009 02:25 #5575

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Please start my 2nd 90 today yom shilishi tue, because I was not fully and completely honest or carefull where  my eyes and mind and neshema went today.
Last Edit: by serpent.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 02 Jun 2009 11:56 #5586

• the.guard
What a holy and beautiful Jew!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by dovi frank.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 07 Jun 2009 10:50 #5841

• the.guard
So is today (June 7) already 5 days Tzadik?
Last Edit: by chaim 45.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 08 Jun 2009 13:23 #5890

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes but please don't call me that.
Last Edit: by zalmandovid.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 08 Jun 2009 18:41 #5915

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Being tested in so many ways,but I know it is all for the best.
Last Edit: by strengthnresilience613.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 09 Jun 2009 15:52 #5970

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
when I approach life from a point of view of simcha,things that put me in a simcha mood actually happen.I just or rather must view every single thing in my life as a great gift from Hashem.
Last Edit: by Ajew.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 09 Jun 2009 17:27 #5975

• the.guard
when I approach life from a point of view of simcha,things that put me in a simcha mood actually happen

As the Chabad Rebbe always said: "Think good and it will BE good".

Did you ever see the documentary called "The Secret"?
Last Edit: by reachinghigher.

Re: gettingbackupnow!! 09 Jun 2009 17:29 #5976

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes and I read the book!!!
Last Edit: by muststopnow.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes