Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Journey 22498 Views

Re: My Journey 13 Jan 2017 05:44 #303030

• thanks613
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for the reply!  I don't have a wife, but maybe if I envisioned someone like a sister or cousin that would shift my thinking a bit.  I relate to what you're saying about how our minds can create this distorted visage.  For me, I guess it was a lot of getting lost in my own head with what she's thinking about me and what she must be feeling about being in this meeting and how I should be the mentsch and the man and step forward and "save her" as you put it. It was less about physical attraction, but maybe a more spiritual attraction, in a fantasy type way of course.  

Honestly, I hadn't given much thought to how to deal with future meetings, but I think I'll deal with it as it comes, and try not to make this a bigger deal than it is.  Between my effort to surrender the thought last night and being busy today, it has not been on my mind much.

Re: My Journey 13 Jan 2017 09:16 #303041

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Great! Go forward with positivity
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes