Welcome, Guest

Still Around and growing
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Still Around and growing 2810 Views

Still Around and growing 29 Oct 2009 15:35 #26249

• poshut yid
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Senior Boarder
Well Rabbosai,
It has been a while since i
Last Edit: by Chaimweiss.

Re: Still Around and growing 29 Oct 2009 15:46 #26256

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
Hey, you are in middle of saying something

Anyway I got the message.

Last Edit: by Hope12345.

Re: Still Around and growing 29 Oct 2009 16:51 #26267

• bardichev
GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Last Edit: by 272:1.

Re: Still Around and growing 29 Oct 2009 17:05 #26273

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
poshut yid wrote on 29 Oct 2009 15:35:

Well Rabbosai,
It has been a while since i

Well said!
Has anyone ever told you that you have a way with words?!

Let me guess:
Someone came into the room?
You got writers cramp?
You pressed "post" before you were rea
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by mailtrap.

Re: Still Around and growing 29 Oct 2009 20:28 #26312

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Please everyone, stop clicking "post" when you're in the middle of a wor
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by torahwarrior613.

Re: Still Around and growing 30 Oct 2009 17:23 #26445

• poshut yid
  • Senior Boarder
You are all right, although I am not sure though what button I pushed but before I knew it I had posted mid sentence. There could be worse things in life...right!
In any event, B'H I am where I am and most of the credit goes to this group who gave me the impetus to get started and keep at it. Even though I got to 30 days twice and fell, I still had a spark  left. Bli Ayin Horah, I am in a good place and plan to stay there.
Shkoach to everyone for your feedback and chizuk!
P.Y.
Last Edit: by MS3GYE.

Re: Still Around and growing 31 Oct 2009 21:11 #26473

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
NSPY, it's great to have you back! I've thought about you from time to time, wonderin' where you's at.

(I'm sure you know what NSPY stands for  )
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Ringle.

Re: Still Around and growing 03 Nov 2009 14:22 #26752

• poshut yid
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you Guard! I am still here. Today is 62.....just 28 to go. I am not sure what haooens then but I guess we"ll cross that bridge when we get to it. I have to be honest, I feel like I am running out of steam. I was very inspired with learning and davening and now that seems to be wearing off. I am not sure how to get the zip back in my step.
P.Y.
Last Edit: by tempuser123.

Re: Still Around and growing 03 Nov 2009 16:54 #26760

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
That must be a milestone on the way.

I just past it last week, as I am now checking day 71 for you, and it was there as well.

Loosing steam along the way is very normal, as you can not be excited always.

Don't worry you the right thing! once you pass the bridge you get up a level where the rules of the game change. You become a prince who chases the dragon, not a mere soldier as till now.

So get ready for your upgrade
Last Edit: by Tikvah L’Sephora.

Re: Still Around and growing 03 Nov 2009 16:54 #26761

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
poshut yid wrote on 03 Nov 2009 14:22:

Thank you Guard! I am still here. Today is 62.....just 28 to go. I am not sure what haooens then but I guess we"ll cross that bridge when we get to it. I have to be honest, I feel like I am running out of steam. I was very inspired with learning and davening and now that seems to be wearing off. I am not sure how to get the zip back in my step.
P.Y.

Best way to recharge 'zip'
Is by giving to others
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by joehochma1.

Re: Still Around and growing 03 Nov 2009 19:30 #26776

• the.guard
I have to be honest, I feel like I am running out of steam.

See the daily dose of Dov in Chizuk e-mail #619... Sounds like your problem is not acting out, but actually sobriety! (like most of us)

BTW. Are you on Duvid Chaim's calls?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 03 Nov 2009 19:41 by committed_togrowth.

Re: Still Around and growing 05 Nov 2009 15:00 #27006

• poshut yid
  • Senior Boarder
Guard, I am not sure what you mean. The truth is that I have so many thought processes running through my head. I have over the last 90 days tried very hard to fill in the gaps in my life. Whereas before there was very little in my life besides my addiction.... I was not paying much attention to my family or my work or myself. I would get up, daven (sometimes with a minyan sometimes without) and go to work so I could go on the computer. I did whatever minimal work I needed to so I could sustain myself. My day was infused with tumah!
Now, I am going to  a shiur and davening 3x a day with kavannah (as much as possible). I am learning where I can. I am exercising and trying to invest more effeort in my business. Most importantly, I am trying to spend more time at home! So as I go down this road I hope that the recovery will become easier and I will replace all the negativity with positive actions! Of course I am also seeing a doctor who specializes in addictions and when possible I go to a SAA group.
I will continue to persevere to my 90 day goal and onwards from there!
P.Y.
Last Edit: by yeedle.

Re: Still Around and growing 05 Nov 2009 15:17 #27010

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep it up Poshut Yid. Your march towards 90 is an inspiration to all of us.
Last Edit: by healing 21.

Re: Still Around and growing 05 Nov 2009 15:44 #27017

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
Poshuter yid... you make me wish I would be so pushet like you.

Keep it up and hopefully I will copy you one day.
Last Edit: by Nate47.

Re: Still Around and growing 05 Nov 2009 22:02 #27085

• the.guard
Wow Poshut, that's GEVALDIG! You are really taking some great steps there.... I just meant that our trouble is usually not with the acting-out per-se, but rather the fact that we have trouble living life - without our drug. What that means is, that there are things in our life that are either not fulfilling enough, we have resentments, we feel a void, etc. etc. And so we feel we can't live real life and we need our "drug"... The 12-Step groups help us work that all out and start being able to LIVE without our drug and face reality. We let go of resentments, we relinquish "control", and so on and so forth... When you say you are "running out of steam", it sounds like you are still "fighting" something... But it seems to me that if you would work the steps properly, that wouldn't be the case. It wouldn't be a "fight" anymore... That's all I meant.

Perhaps you need to find a good sponsor to work the steps in your SA group?

You are really doing fantastic. Keep up the good work!
Last Edit: by User365.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes