Welcome, Guest

enough is enough!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: enough is enough! 40862 Views

Re: enough is enough! 15 Feb 2019 21:39 #339000

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Unfortunately I've been getting into a pattern of falling in particular bon Motzai shabbos 
I gotta get this monsta truck back on the rails 
starting with the basics I ba'h will check on here on this heiliger forum o  motzai shabbos and than on Sunday morning- a little accountability could go a far way..
from there on I gotta think about my next moves until than   shabbat shalom and gut shabbos love you all

Re: enough is enough! 16 Feb 2019 18:55 #339001

• ColinColin
  • Current streak: 622 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I am writing this Motzei Shabbat here in the UK.

I think Motzei Shabbat is a dangerous time, because we restrain ourselves on Shabbat then have this night where it feels like usual obligations are nto present.

Teh main thing is that oy are awar eof this.

Then plut a plan in place.

I am careful now to either have a social arrangement for this time, or if alone, to make a plan i.e.

Some exercise
Some study
A film to watch 
A book to read

Re: enough is enough! 17 Feb 2019 04:30 #339006

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
Gut vocht checking in here pretty boring unproductive night so I need extra shemira unfortunately theres a small loophole on my computers filtering that I'm having difficulty taking care of .

I think my main issue is that I dont have the proper coping mechanisms to deal with stress anxiety and boredom... maybe I should see a therapist- if I could adress this than I would be on a whole different playing field. 

feeling like giving in but I really dont want to deal with the crappy empty feeling that comes after masterbating myself ...

will check in in the Am
Last Edit: 17 Feb 2019 04:32 by i-man.

Re: enough is enough! 17 Feb 2019 04:39 #339007

i-man wrote on 17 Feb 2019 04:30:
Gut vocht checking in here pretty boring unproductive night so I need extra shemira unfortunately theres a small loophole on my computers filtering that I'm having difficulty taking care of .

I think my main issue is that I dont have the proper coping mechanisms to deal with stress anxiety and boredom... maybe I should see a therapist- if I could adress this than I would be on a whole different playing field. 

feeling like giving in but I really dont want to deal with the crappy empty feeling that comes after masterbating myself ...

will check in in the Am

Highly recommend therapy. Paying people to listen to ur problems feels awesome:) 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: enough is enough! 17 Feb 2019 16:37 #339022

• ColinColin
  • Platinum Boarder
i-man wrote on 17 Feb 2019 04:30:

I understand you.

My coping mechanisms are:

Phone a friend or family member
Visit a friend or family member
Study
Daven
Go for a walk - it really does brighten one's mood
Read
Watch a film
Perhaps learn to play an instrument?

Re: enough is enough! 18 Feb 2019 01:01 #339028

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
Most of these dont really work for me
amongst many other things...

I'm missing something and I'm not sure what it is
I hope I'm not putting too much faith that a therapist would have the magic answer..
conversely for some reason I'm being very resistant to actually going to one I'm not sure why that is my wife amongst other close relatives thinks it's a good idea.

Re: enough is enough! 18 Feb 2019 01:05 #339029

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
Almost forgot - still clean BH and not concerned about tonight,  weekdays are easier for me because I have to be up very early to learn daven work (A big factor in motzai shabbos being hard is not having that push, maybe it's time for a Sunday morning chavrusah...)

Re: enough is enough! 18 Feb 2019 01:29 #339030

• ColinColin
  • Platinum Boarder
Sunday morning Chevrusa.....good idea!
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2019 01:30 by ColinColin.

Re: enough is enough! 19 Feb 2019 17:54 #339073

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
I spoke to tag this morning knocked out the "loophole" B'H 
Time to get to work..

Re: enough is enough! 28 Feb 2019 05:08 #339298

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
Oy waves of lust were coming in hard tonight
bh I managed to reach out as a way of stopping it 

Re: enough is enough! 03 Mar 2019 22:31 #339343

i-man wrote on 28 Feb 2019 05:08:
Oy waves of lust were coming in hard tonight
bh I managed to reach out as a way of stopping it 

Nice job! So far the score for this round is 5-0 you. KUTGW!
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: enough is enough! 08 Mar 2019 22:03 #339487

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
As I was dunking in the mikvah today I reflected on the fact that it was a really good week and how much menuchas hanefesh I felt because of that - good thing to keep in mind when the lust rears its ugly head.
Last Edit: 10 Mar 2019 04:24 by i-man.

Re: enough is enough! 08 Mar 2019 22:34 #339488

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
i-man wrote on 08 Mar 2019 22:03:
As I was dunking in the mikvah today I reflected on the fact that it was a really good week and how much menu has hanefesh I felt because of that - good thing to keep in mind when the lust rears its ugly head.

I used to have a hard time with the french menus at restaurants, but a menu that has a nefesh is truly a catch. It might even fill me with minuchas hanefesh!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: enough is enough! 30 Jul 2019 05:03 #342602

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
I have not posted on this thread in quite some time,  things are okay - not the best in terms of being clean , some new forms of the challenge have arisen , and I've taken steps to mitigate them. I think it would be beneficial for me to post some updates for the short term,  iy"H some big things coming down the pipeline...

Re: enough is enough! 31 Jul 2019 04:15 #342615

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
Great day today.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes