Welcome, Guest

my arrival story!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: my arrival story! 17464 Views

Re: my arrival story! 04 Nov 2009 22:42 #26950

• levite
  • Current streak: 652 days
  • Expert Boarder
thanks dov. btw does ne1 no of a phone group in israel?
Last Edit: by 011581.

Re: my arrival story! 04 Nov 2009 22:54 #26952

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
There isn't yet, but Duvid Chaim's group works out time-wise for Israel as well... There it's 12 PM, here it's 7 PM.

www.guardyoureyes.org/?page_id=678
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by canecandy.

Re: my arrival story! 04 Nov 2009 23:03 #26956

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
i know that was plan 1 but i have a chavruseh at 7 do i dont no what to do, iv downloaded a audiobook of the white book it should be intresting.
Last Edit: by Mordehai.

Re: my arrival story! 05 Nov 2009 00:03 #26971

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hello Levite-

I  just read your thread and I am extremely impressed with your attitude. Your obvious willingness to do anything to get better is a huge inspiration and Chizzuk for me. This battle is a huge one but it is about the rest of our lives, so I guess it's worth it.

Behatzlacha!
Last Edit: by Yanki Stein.

Re: my arrival story! 05 Nov 2009 01:07 #26974

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
thanx hoping! You know i do the same if i ever need chizuk i try going through a post from the beginning to the end! We are warriors each and every one of us we have been given one of the hardest tasks by the king of all kings and that is to proclaim his lordship even in the lowest places to pick up all the forgottten and forsaken pieces of kedusha that even the greatest feared picking up! so to all of us lechaim! cheers! and my we meet in the palace and be honored for every time we turned away from the yh together! all for one and one for all!

(i allways knew i write better when zonked lol zzz)
Last Edit: by Motahare287.

Re: my arrival story! 06 Nov 2009 12:28 #27145

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
day no. 13 bh so far its great iv had hard moments the bad hours as we say every shabbbos before leining "shtazileini min hashaois haraois" becasuse as reb akiva said when asked how he survived after being thrown in the sea. he replied as every wave came i lowered my head and let it go over me. I have been using the methods learn in the books and the e.mails in day to day life and have seen amazing results not superficially but deep inside i see befor me hope and light instead of darkness and abyss.  have a geat shabbos guys! iyh may we all go from strength to strength
halevite
Last Edit: by Work_In_Progress.

Re: my arrival story! 06 Nov 2009 13:16 #27150

• the.guard
Levite, you're a real inspiration to us. Every post is gold!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Lionmark.

Re: my arrival story! 08 Nov 2009 13:55 #27264

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
thanx guard. day no 15 bh! So far so good its kinda getting harder iv started listenging to the aa audiobooks so i hope it will make things easier.
i was looking through tzidkas hatzadik and i saw this piece, its a classic for everyone on this forum "whoever feel a great lust for gashmiyusdiger teyvois should not be fallen by this and should not think how messed up am i that i have these desires for he should no that he holds a vessel ready for the mightiest love and truth... "
Last Edit: by lostinthedesert.

Re: my arrival story! 08 Nov 2009 18:24 #27290

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
having a real hard day im just so in the mood of falling but i cant let the gye down,im going to walk out n hop somthing will change
Last Edit: by Leahgv12.

Re: my arrival story! 08 Nov 2009 18:31 #27292

• the.guard
Dear Levite, did you think this would be easy? 

Can you identify what exactly makes you want to fall? Is it arousal, or is it perhaps just a feeling of aimlessness? Is it depression? Restlessness, Discontent, Irritability? Are you feeling an inner "void"?

Identifying your feelings can help you deal with them (and can help us guide you).

Have you considered making a vow for a week (at first) that if you fall you'll need to go by buss to the kotel and stay there for an hour? Such type of vows can be very helpful, since you know you will have to keep your word and if your body is not in the mood to do that, it will help you push it off.
Last Edit: by bf123.

Re: my arrival story! 08 Nov 2009 18:33 #27293

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hang in there, levite. Being from the side of gevurah, levite, you of all people should know that the only growth we EVER have, comes to us on the other side of pain. It'll be even better after you get through this, chaver. Yehudi hu tamid baderech.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Yaakovc03.

Re: my arrival story! 08 Nov 2009 18:49 #27297

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
im feeling aimless and dejected i guess i didnt make a vow but i undertook to post a notice here. what im going to try to do is take a long walk with my ipod maybe it will work
thanx
Last Edit: by Moshe2.0.

Re: my arrival story! 08 Nov 2009 18:52 #27298

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
We all eventually fall, but does it have to be today?

lol cleareyes 13 sent me this it just made me snap out of my mood its over! we won! still going for the walk though
Last Edit: 08 Nov 2009 19:04 by yesodolam.

Re: my arrival story! 08 Nov 2009 19:03 #27301

• the.guard
im feeling aimless and dejected

The ultimate killer. Did you see today's Chizuk e-mail "That Sinking Feeling"?

Dov, what do you do when you feel aimless and dejected? It's a recipe for disaster. So many people are posting lately about how these type of feelings lead them to fall...

In Breslav they talk a lot about Simcha. I notice that each Chassidus, davka the things they stress there the most, is where the Chassidim seem to need the most work. (Do you notice a lot of Breslavers are depressed?) And you know why? Because the very Nekudah that they are working on the most, is where the Satan puts all his Kochos!! And he is usually stronger than us - if we try and go it alone (without surrender to Hashem's help). And not too many people are ready to surrender to Hashem and say, "he's stronger than me, Hashem I really really NEED your help!!"
Last Edit: 08 Nov 2009 19:07 by yesodolam.

Re: my arrival story! 08 Nov 2009 19:56 #27310

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
was that me? did i write the earlier post i dont no what came over me. what i think it is really (why i feel dejected) whenever i do it even when its allowed i feel low because at the time i feel as if im the lust guy again. This is the big difference between aa and sa that alcohol u can stop cold turkey while sx is so much more complicated. its to complex to even explain on an open forum ???
Last Edit: by perele.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes