Welcome, Guest

How do you make it about her?...
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do you make it about her?... 839 Views

How do you make it about her?... 28 Apr 2015 21:19 #253359

• fightingyid
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Junior Boarder
First of all thank you to the GYE family for all of your amazing answers, insight, advice and chizuk to my previous questions.
You inspired me, were non judgmental and made me feel comfortable and at home to share my experiences with you and ask you questions. In the past I have never had the guts to face or talk about my issues before.

Two weeks ago I was feeling low, sad, and sick of myself. Thank God I decided to check out GYE, and to make a long story short i am now clean for 10 days. I feel rejuvenated spiritually, emotionally, and physically .For the first time in a long time, although i'm learning that it's a long journey, a day by day journey, I think i begin to see the light at the end of the DARK and TWISTED tunnel.
So for that I just wan't to thank you guys and thank GYE.

My Question Is-I have been clean for 10 days now and my wife has been a Niddah for the past two weeks (she has not been a niddah for a good couple of years because of nursing etc.) and Mikvah Night is coming up very soon……..I have been reading a lot on the GYE forums that Intimacy should be about her…my question is-I haven't had intimacy for a couple of weeks, how do I make it about her, and not about me?
In the past i realize that i haven't really tried making it about her, because i found that even when I "Made it all about her" it was really all about me.

Any of your, answers, advice and opinions would be great!

Thank you!

Re: How do you make it about her?... 28 Apr 2015 21:27 #253361

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Good question. I am sure that many chaveirim will have a better answer. but for starters i will write what my thoughts are.

It is very hard to REALLY make it about her. However we can focus to put in the most effort that it should be about her. The effort we put in gives us the ability to give her the feeling that it is all about her. With time it transfers over to more about her and less about us. We do not become an angle in one day. Step by step and slowly but surely we move forward to the better.

Again, lets hear from others what they have to say.
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2015 21:27 by lomed.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes