Welcome, Guest

The Thrill Is Gone, or Is It?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Thrill Is Gone, or Is It? 811 Views

The Thrill Is Gone, or Is It? 12 Jan 2015 16:40 #247041

• Shakeitoff
  • Current streak: 45 days
  • Senior Boarder
I've been clean just about 4 weeks. I'm really grateful for the support GYE members have given me. Without it, I don't believe I would have kept up once the novelty wore off. They remind me of "renewing each day the work of creation".

Here's to my new day today, and to everyone else's.

Re: The Thrill Is Gone, or Is It? 13 Jan 2015 11:44 #247090

• Radio
  • Expert Boarder
a
Last Edit: 30 Jan 2015 02:43 by Radio.

Re: The Thrill Is Gone, or Is It? 16 Jan 2015 20:23 #247307

• Shakeitoff
  • Senior Boarder
Wow, the yetzer ha-ra is ingenious! I just made it to 30 days, b"h. So what did I do? I went to the 90-day chart. So far okay.

But then, I "decided" to look at some of the other names posted. At first the y"h in me got discouraged. Look, there's someone with a Longest Clean Streak of over 900 days...and he had to start over last week.

Then, the y"h continued...look at these 2 records. Each one has over 700,000 days in the Longest Clean Streak. Over 1,900 years. Better than Moshe Rabbeinu!

Thank Gd, I remembered one of Skep's Tips...Don't obsess over the 90-day chart. That's a for sure from Yours Truly. One Day At A Time, or in my case One Minute At A Time.

Re: The Thrill Is Gone, or Is It? 16 Jan 2015 20:29 #247309

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Better idea: Look DOWN the 90 day chart and see if anyone you know and feel comfortable reaching out to looks like they could use a little chizuk. The first couple of days after a fall are always tough for me; sometimes it turns into a free fall for some people.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: The Thrill Is Gone, or Is It? 16 Jan 2015 20:33 #247310

• Shakeitoff
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm a little nervous doing that. I'm not quoting it correctly, but I would feel that I was "comforting someone when his departed one is still lying before him". Besides, after only 30 days, what do I know?

Re: The Thrill Is Gone, or Is It? 16 Jan 2015 20:36 #247311

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Even with zero days, I'm sure you know as well as anyone that it just helps to know that someone else cares about you and is willing to listen.
I just did this yesterday, and I don't think my chaver cared about my 50 days one iota.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes