Welcome, Guest

Bomba's daily journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bomba's daily journal 2209 Views

Bomba's daily journal 25 Jan 2009 20:24 #2336

• bomba
After a lot of procrastination, I just completed my day 1. Even that wasn't a breeze but I feel as strong as I've ever been.
Last Edit: by dms1234.

Re: Bomba's daily journal 25 Jan 2009 22:01 #2348

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Bomba, welcome to the forum!

There are a few things you need to know as you start out on your journey to recovery, sobriety and new found freedom in your life.
The first thing you need to know is that the phenomenon you are dealing with is not because you have huge desires and can't seem to be able to deal with them. Rather, you are simply dealing with a strong "addiction". It is important to understand this because, as an addiction, it can be dealt with in many tried and proven ways and methods.

There are two prerequisites to being helped.
1) You must truly believe you can be helped (reading the recovery stories on our site can help you with this)
2) you must truly want to be helped (your own suffering and distance from G-d, along with reading the stories of people suffering from the other 3 stages can help you with this).
Just the fact that you are posting here means you already have these two conditions somewhat - but they must be strong and finely tuned. Take heart. Haba Le'taher, Mesayin Lo. Be ready to give your addiction and disease over to the care of G-d. Be ready to trust G-d that he will care for you, as you heal.

Know, that the first few weeks are the hardest. Once you have put some distance between yourself and the addiction, it gets a lot easier. See here for more on this.

For someone starting out on their journey,we highly suggest the following 4 steps.

1) It's too hard to have all the garbage within a mouse-click's reach. Install a good reliable internet filter that you can't get around. Let someone you trust hold the password. If you must have open internet access for your work, at least install "Accountability Software". When you know that someone you respect will see every site you visited, it will help you control the urge to stray.

2) Join the daily Chizuk e-mail list if you haven't yet. Like drops of water on Rabbi Akiva's rock, over time, the e-mails can make a serious impression.

3) Read one or two of the tips on the website every day and try to implement them if possible. (Don't read too many at once; bite too much and you won't be able to swallow anything).

4) Join the weekly hotline/s. Group support is very important, and this hotline is the first time that religious people can get the benefit of group support and trained therapists in an anonymous way! The counselors on the phone are trained, (religious) and they "get it". And you can probably also find a "sponsor" in the group for accountability and help when you're feeling weak.

May G-d be with you, and never stop praying!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by ayl10950.

Re: Bomba's daily journal 26 Jan 2009 00:16 #2364

• Mevakesh Hashem
Bruchim HaBaim!!! Your joining us has made us all stronger in our collective fight!

I look forward to seeing you progress, grow and win your battle against our common enemy, the Yetzer Hara

Chazak V'Ematz!
Last Edit: by taatzil.osi1.

Re: Bomba's daily journal 26 Jan 2009 13:15 #2375

• Binyomin5766
Mazel Tov on beginning the journey!  We are all travelling together, and many of us here are more than willing to give chizuk as much as possible.  More holy yidden being holy yidden is a beautiful sight to see.
Last Edit: by Kevin Pond.

Re: Bomba's daily journal 26 Jan 2009 15:23 #2388

• mdmjerusalem
Hi Bomba
welcome to the family
Last Edit: by Los Angeles.

Re: Bomba's daily journal 26 Jan 2009 19:30 #2418

• bomba
I am now on Day 2.
I must say yesterday was quite hard cause I did not have much to do so I kept getting urges but I spent most of the day watching movie after movie (kosher of course) in order to pass time. I was tired, usually, I would learn, but i was incredibly tired (I couldn't even stay up, had to be in bed). But the important part is I didn't break.

I think the hard part is to realize that I will NEVER do it again. Because often, I think to myself - oh, just be patient, you'll do it tomorrow, you'll do it in a few hours. I know its a good strategy not to think of the long term but I also feel I need to change my mindset and realize this is something I should not be doing, never - and not just think of the pleasure i get from it.

anyways, day 2!
Last Edit: by adwait.vyawahare.

Re: Bomba's daily journal 27 Jan 2009 18:57 #2482

• bomba
Day 3 and going strong

not much to write today, but i feel its getting easier already lol
Last Edit: by gilarno.

Re: Bomba's daily journal 27 Jan 2009 19:04 #2483

• Binyomin5766
Use the easier days to strengthen yourself for the more difficult ones.  When it is easier to resist the Yetzer, I find that it is also easier to study Torah, and other positive activities.  Doing things like that can fortify you for future struggles.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Bomba's daily journal 27 Jan 2009 21:09 #2498

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi !!. Just use your mind to stay in the present.think only of today. Talk  to Hashem freely.You will have success!!!!

Re: Bomba's daily journal 27 Jan 2009 21:48 #2508

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Bomba, please see our Kosher Isle section. I think it can help you!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Bomba's daily journal 28 Jan 2009 13:15 #2562

• battleworn
Hi bomba! welcome to the force! I hope you realize that it's a one way street. Once Hashem, in His infinite mercy, brought you here, there's no going back! It may take time, until you can really enjoy the results, but giving up is never ever an option. I hope and pray that it will go really smooth and you will never even be tempted to give up, but if Chas Vesholom there are setbacks, always remember: giving up is never an option!

I don't know how much you've browsed the forum, so I just want to make sure you know that if you look around you'll see tons of chizuk, tons of important Yesodos and tons of Ahavas Yisroel. I wish you tremendous Hatzlochoh and Simcha!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes