Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: on the edge 848 Views

on the edge 26 Mar 2014 09:34 #229272

• DanielTeshuva
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Junior Boarder
there are some busy times for me at work and sometimes they cause stress. Yesterday at some point I had a lot of stress, because a deadline is approaching fast and I felt like there was so much to do still.
In the past in such moments, masturbation would work well, soothing my stress (for a while). The urge to do so came up yesterday and when I went to the toilet I touched myself. But, Thanks be to hashem, I quickly realised that this was not the way and would only leed to guilt and more stress. I said to myself: 'you don't want to do this. You don't want to fall and feel terrible about it. You don't want to create avenging angels. There is another way. So I stopped in time even before having reached the point of no return and got back to my desk, where I told myself to just take it easy and just do what I can. I also put on music devoted to hashem on my head phones (which is the first point on my taphsic list). From there on it went well and the stress slowly decreased.
I am very glad that I was able to stop myself in time, however praise be to hashem because without Him I couldn't have been that strong. This is another lesson for me that in any situation we need to call Adonai and put our trust in Him.

Re: on the edge 26 Mar 2014 16:06 #229284

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Congratulations! Feels good to be clean doesn't it?

The gehennom with deadlines. I can't stand them, but to be honest, wouldn't get anything done without 'em.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: on the edge 27 Mar 2014 09:34 #229328

• DanielTeshuva
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Junior Boarder
it does indeed! And I totally recognize what you're saying. I need planning and goals.

Re: on the edge 27 Mar 2014 14:57 #229335

• Dov
  • Administrator
You may need to calm down a little bit, too.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: on the edge 27 Jan 2015 08:45 #247694

• shomer bro
  • Platinum Boarder
Taking that calming breath, and putting on music can really work wonders.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes