Welcome, Guest

Starting second week
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting second week 2138 Views

Starting second week 25 Jan 2009 05:38 #2288

• strivingjew2
  • Current streak: 60 days
  • Senior Boarder
I am starting my second week and its really getting harder!
Does anyone have any advise on how I can avoid slipping?
My computer has a filter but I am scared that I might rent a movie that will be unappropiate, and then slip.
Last Edit: by clb29.

Re: Starting second week 25 Jan 2009 05:59 #2292

• bochur28
I have an eitzah that has helped me before - every time you get a taiva, remind yourself of how you feel after you fall, and also, tell yourself 'If i can make it two weeks, then kal vechomer, certainly I can make it one more day!"
Last Edit: 25 Jan 2009 11:31 by .

Re: Starting second week 25 Jan 2009 16:49 #2328

• Mevakesh Hashem
It is getting harder for you because the Yetzer Hara realizes that he is about to lose you forever! He thinks by tightening the noose he will snatch you back to his camp. NONSENSE! YOU will not fall for his baloney! You will not allow that eveil thing the satisfaction of  breaking your resolve. NO WAY!!

Feel free to contact me privately anytime you feel like you are falling, and I will be happy to "breathe you through it" so you can ultimately win the war!

Stay strong. We need you solidly in our holy camp!

Chazak V'Ematz!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Starting second week 25 Jan 2009 21:53 #2346

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
You might want to try a vow for the areas you are afraid of slipping in. Vows are very useful and powerful, but one needs to know how to make them in a way that he can be "safe" and sure he can keep it. See this page for advice on this matter. And also this page.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Starting second week 27 Jan 2009 02:11 #2451

• strivingjew2
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you all for your support it really makes the challenge abit easier knowing that I people are expecting results from me.
I use to make vows and I didnt keep to them so I decided then that i will try never to use a vow for protection.
Thanks for the tips.
Last Edit: by hatsala.

Re: Starting second week 27 Jan 2009 23:13 #2525

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Many of us made vows in the past and didn't keep them. That is the nature of the addiction. It is not because we don't have Yiras Shamayim, it is because we didn't know HOW to make the vows in a way that WORKS when fighting an addiction. Hashem will forgive us for THAT. But we can still use the power of vows now to help us succeed and fix the past mistakes. On the links I gave you above, you can learn how to make vows that you can for sure keep - and they will keep you too  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 27 Jan 2009 23:16 by .

Re: Starting second week 28 Jan 2009 02:51 #2535

• strivingjew2
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the chizuk
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes