Welcome, Guest

Blessed's fight
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blessed's fight 3999 Views

Re: Blessed's fight 19 Oct 2009 15:45 #24369

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
G38 wrote on 19 Oct 2009 11:31:

Blessed

On a more humored note, never rush to do what YH is telling you. Look in last weeks parsha, after chava was enticed by the snake it says in Rashi that she gave to all the animals to eat from the tree of knowledge so that they will all die eventually. Every animal had his share but the tortoise that came along slowly and wasn't running to sin got one of the longest life span, up to 400 year!. So tell the YH "ok I will do it but I don't have to run, let's do it next week"

Yes!  I made the same point at my Shabbos table this week.  Adam and Chava had countless trees to eat from.  Even if they were going to eat from the Eitz HaDaas, they should have at least eaten from the other trees first - that could have kept them busy for years!  Their eating from the Eitz HaDaas on the first day was illogical.  I know that incident is where the expression "forbidden fruit" comes from, but it still makes no logical sense.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by Chr.

Re: Blessed's fight 20 Jan 2010 18:49 #47302

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey...hope you're doing OK - just started reading your thread - rock on!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Blessed's fight 21 Jan 2010 00:53 #47368

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, are you keeping up here?
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes