Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Fall" #1 871 Views

"Fall" #1 12 Sep 2013 07:31 #218956

• smiley1900
  • Current streak: 39 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

I was reading the rules for the 90 day wall of honor guardyoureyes.com/90-days-chart/rules and saw that the first item for a "fall" is "Intentional masturbation", how does one masturbate "unintentionally? Perhaps what was meant is "intentional z"l" as opposed to "mikre laila", but is that really the rule? If one masturbates but nothing happened are they "potur"? Somebody please clarify.

Also, I want to bring to the attention of the moderators that the links in the forum description are not up to date.

Thank you.

Re: 12 Sep 2013 09:44 #218961

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I always figured that if you start, but stop before you finish it is a slip, not a fall.

Although of course, it is a lot easier to stop before you finish, if you don't start at all.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: 12 Sep 2013 21:05 #219030

• tryingtoshteig
  • Current streak: 115 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • תן חיוך, הכל לטובה
Ditto what MBJ said. Especially for those who might start without even thinking, literally the force of habit, and catch themselves in the middle.

Just to clarify the obvious, the purpose of the 90-day chart is not to give a din v'cheshbon or a moral assessment of one's tzidkus/madreigah/success rate, or even to give a definitive scientific confirmation that the person has acheived the magic psychological phenomenon 90 days clean. It is merely a motivational tool to get people started in their recovery, and an excuse to make a lechayim when they reach 90. And by its nature, it needs to have some sort of reasonable way of distinguishing between a slip and a fall.
"ויעזור ויגן ויושיע לכל החוסים בו ונאמר אמן" -- ArtScroll Gabbai's Handbook

Re: Fall #1 12 Sep 2013 21:26 #219034

• smiley1900
  • Current streak: 39 days
  • Expert Boarder
I guess the answer to my question is that "unintentional masturbation" is by force of habit. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes