Welcome, Guest

90 days. Sounds impossible. Here we go!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 90 days. Sounds impossible. Here we go! 2148 Views

Re: 90 days. Sounds impossible. Here we go! 08 Sep 2013 09:59 #218499

• thatguyoverthere
  • Current streak: 94 days
  • Gold Boarder
Rosh haShana over. Still clean!
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. /Mishlei 25:28

Re: 90 days. Sounds impossible. Here we go! 09 Sep 2013 03:04 #218537

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
B"h, great to hear. KUTGW.

Re: 90 days. Sounds impossible. Here we go! 10 Sep 2013 14:24 #218710

• thatguyoverthere
  • Gold Boarder
Struggle-day. Still going strong. Will not let myself slip.
The accountability thing on my phone is a great help. If I do anything my wife will get an unpleasant email on Friday and there is no way I can avoid it. It's not a solution but a good tool. Keeps me away from it more easily. I am at 16 days now and just got a sponsor and joined a group (group 11).

Can anyone tell me how the group works? Where do I see the group count, and when does the count start? Who takes the lead? Only me and one more have written on the forum. Should I send out an email to the others?
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. /Mishlei 25:28

Re: 90 days. Sounds impossible. Here we go! 10 Sep 2013 17:12 #218723

• tryingtoshteig
  • Current streak: 115 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • תן חיוך, הכל לטובה
thatguyoverthere wrote:
Can anyone tell me how the group works? Where do I see the group count, and when does the count start? Who takes the lead? Only me and one more have written on the forum. Should I send out an email to the others?

It seems to me (and anyone can feel free to correct me if they have had a different experience) that the accountability groups do not add a whole lot over the regular forum, unless you are all in touch by email or phone. As far as I know, there is no group count that is kept track of automatically like there is for the 90 day personal chart. So you all just keep in touch either on your group's thread (which nobody seems to really do long term, because the threads are public and I have not seen them really take off, and it is really no different than the rest of the forum because everyone can see what's going on and put in their 2 cents) or be in touch through email or phone (which maybe some groups do, mine never did). The bottom line is, other than setting up a designated thread for you and distributing the other group members' email addresses, the groups do not have any other built in features, so it is up to the members of the group to take the initiative to keep up the contact and all the accountability, chizuk, etc.

Anybody out there have a different experience with accountability groups?

(I am not trying to bash them, just explaining how they work)
"ויעזור ויגן ויושיע לכל החוסים בו ונאמר אמן" -- ArtScroll Gabbai's Handbook

Re: 90 days. Sounds impossible. Here we go! 10 Sep 2013 17:47 #218724

• cordnoy
we have a group email; it helps somewhat...more personal
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: 90 days. Sounds impossible. Here we go! 12 Sep 2013 12:48 #218973

• smiley1900
  • Current streak: 39 days
  • Expert Boarder
Lizhensk wrote:
Hi, sounds like your on your way and i wish you the best!!!
Just one comment id like to make. Alot of people on here will agree with me that if you only focus on the 90 day count without any concrete methods of keeping clean, you will sort of be "Holding your breath" (as Dov would say... sheesh, im quoting him a lot) and not really healing the inside. I know because it happened to me.
So what are your plans?

I thought the 90 day concept was not so much about healing than about breaking the pattern (which I guess is part of the healing process...).

Re: 90 days. Sounds impossible. Here we go! 23 Nov 2013 21:20 #223900

• thatguyoverthere
  • Gold Boarder
I DID IT!!!!!

Re: 90 days. Sounds impossible. Here we go! 24 Nov 2013 19:29 #223924

• ddmm11219
  • Current streak: 51 days
  • Gold Boarder
WOW
thanks for reporting
just went down to my shul a gave lechayim for my chevra there, they asked me whats the simche today, i told them i good friend of mine had a Hatzluche in 1 of his issues, some1 answered nice to hear, let hashem help we should have hatzluche in our issues, well well said
...וְאִם גַּם אֶתְאַמֵּץ בְּעֵצוֹת וְתַחְבֻּלוֹת וְכָל יוֹשְׁבֵי תֵבֵל יַעַמְדוּ לִימִינִי לְהוֹשִׁיעֵנִי וְלִתְמֹךְ נַפְשִׁי, מִבַּלְעֲדֵי עֻזְּךָ וְעֶזְרָתְךָ אֵין עֶזְרָה וִישׁוּעָה...‬

מתוך תפילה נפלאה שחיבר הרה"ק רבי מאיר מאפטא זצוק"ל, בעל מחבר ספר "אור לשמים", ונדפסה בתחילת ספרו.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes