Welcome, Guest

G38- Struggling to stay on top
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: G38- Struggling to stay on top 5827 Views

G38- Struggling to stay on top 29 Sep 2009 17:08 #20852

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
I didn't want to post my situation here in the beginning, as I thought that all members here are p*** addicts.

After reading some of 2B's stuff I realized that I can gain as well from some discussions.

I was never an addict, not as holy as 2B, but I had times of weakness. My main uncontrollable area was guarding my eyes on the road. Now, in the summer this is just a sledge run down.

Since joining GYE I made big progress, and now the menuval is lighting, or trying at least, the old destructive fire inside my heart.

I am fighting but I feel I am missing the previous excitement 
Last Edit: by Litvak.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 29 Sep 2009 17:30 #20854

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
YOure correct that not everyone here is a po*n addict.

Could you explain your situation / weakness a little clearer. If Im the only one missing the issue, so forget about it
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by trying3.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 29 Sep 2009 17:56 #20855

• bardichev
the fight is work

work is at times exciting

at times boring

dont let your guard (or our GUARD ) down
Last Edit: by ireallystruggle.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 29 Sep 2009 20:55 #20908

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Hi G38,

This page can help you I hope. Read till the bottom.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Joseph1.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 30 Sep 2009 10:57 #21002

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
R' Guard

You have got some heavy stuff there! It's just a shame that they are spread out over the whole site.

Maybe you have an answer for my other question, why did I enter a freezing stage since I became a member in GYE? aren't I supposed to be closer to Hashem?
Last Edit: by Michael 12.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 30 Sep 2009 12:31 #21016

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
7Up wrote on 29 Sep 2009 17:30:

Could you explain your situation / weakness a little clearer. If Im the only one missing the issue, so forget about it

Sorry, I forgot to reply to you.

My problem is basicly walking on the road and shielding my eyes from the temptations spread out so generously by the YH :-[

Last Edit: by joeflyn.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 05 Oct 2009 17:13 #21944

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by gonna try again.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 30 Oct 2009 13:03 #26402

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
As another little g is getting ready to appear YH is putting some spikes in my wheels!!! >

Spend a night with Rebbetsin G in hospital due to dehydration and all the nurses and patients (why do they have the attractive ones on call by night?).

It was a tough battle not to look again or even stare. I was not very successful :-[

No major slip but still frustrating how weak I am after 60 days!

I don't know what to expect when little g will make his/her appearance. It could mean spending a few hours in hospital with nothing to do and YH a lot to do.
Last Edit: by dreck.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 30 Oct 2009 13:52 #26409

• bardichev
G38 wrote on 30 Oct 2009 13:03:

As another little g is getting ready to appear YH is putting some spikes in my wheels!!! >

Spend a night with Rebbetsin G in hospital due to dehydration and all the nurses and patients (why do they have the attractive ones on call by night?).

It was a tough battle not to look again or even stare. I was not very successful :-[

No major slip but still frustrating how weak I am after 60 days!

I don't know what to expect when little g will make his/her appearance. It could mean spending a few hours in hospital with nothing to do and YH a lot to do.

HOLIEST BROTHER G38

ALL THAT YOU SAY HERE IS EMES V,YATZIV

LETS GO BACK TO DIVREI CHAZL"L

"YITZRO SHEL ADAM MICHADESH ALAV BCOL YOM UMIVAKESH LIHAMEESO"

YOU ARE IN IN A DEATH STRUGGLE WITH THE Y"H

HE INVESTED SO MUCH TIME IN YOU
HE THOUGHT HE HAD YOU AND BOOM!!YOU SHOWED HIM WHO IS BOSS!

HE WILL "ALWAYS" PLAY ON YOU

HE WILLPOINT OUT EVERY LITTLE MISTAKE YOU MAKE IN ORDER TO 'PROVE " TO YOU THAT YOU ARE STILL IN HIS NET

SAY "HEY YH I DONT CARE IF I SLIP OR EVN IF I FALL " I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WIYH YOU !! GOOD RIDDANCE

OH THOSE NURSES OK YH THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT TO ME,AND NOW I WILL KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!!
Last Edit: by Sean kerr.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 02 Nov 2009 11:04 #26580

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
My humble thanks to the rebbe for finaly acknoledging my presence here.

The story was not finnish 'cause rebetsin G went back to hospital on motsei shabes by the zman due to more complications and had a Catheter put in (ouch) and stayed there till Sunday night.

I went there on motsei and back home through strongs of guyim celebrating haloween and you know what? I had very little urge to watch those sickos out there :D

Also the nurses where not such a problem anymore. It proved to me that once the baloon is busted it is easy to carry on (till next baloon comes along).

Last Edit: by rdlan.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 02 Nov 2009 19:10 #26653

• bardichev
hey did you ever hear of the balppner rebbe?

do you know who is scared of??
the bustiner rebbe

hahahahahaah
Last Edit: by Ashf.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 02 Nov 2009 19:28 #26656

HI G3...
The yesod is to learn to deal with lust.

It really doesn't make a difference (b'etzem) what exactly you are lusting for. If it is a 'normal' lust, or a shmutz sicko lust. Normal is in quotations for a reason.

The bottom line is the same. A feeling of out-of-control-ness.

GYE helps people learn to deal with it. and so yes, it applies to "normal" ones too.

The aleph is to realize that it is a very low thing to lust. Realize it any way you want. But you need to REALLY realize it.
Me, I happen to envision a couple of pigs in a pen, and someone throughs in food, enough for one of them. It really is not a pretty scene to watch them. For some reason  :D that 'talks' to me. But, its not important what resonates with you. As long as you come to a real hakara that this is not how I want to be.

The next step is dealing with it. It seems that different people use different strategies. One very good one is to give up fighting the urge, and focus on asking hashem sincerely to help you out. Follow Dov around to learn more about that.
Another very good one is to not be nispael. just keep trucking. Follow bardichev around for more info.

Or, feel free to come up with your own mehalech.

But one thing is clear. If you do step aleph for real, you will be willing to invest as much time as needed to get this thing right. And the resources are on the forum. (and in the attitude handbook).

best wishes,
k
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)
Last Edit: by sssss.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 03 Nov 2009 12:54 #26739

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Refuah Sheleima to Rebbitzen G38!
And b'shaa tova everything should go smoothly, easily, and most of all; safely b'zman.

Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by jack manarino.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 03 Nov 2009 12:59 #26741

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
B"H the rebetsin is now home thanking hashem every time she can release herself without problems.

Asher Yotsar became an important brocho in my house, said loud and clear with everyone listening and answering omen ehrlich. :D
Last Edit: by anonymoustwo.

Re: G38- Struggling to stay on top 03 Nov 2009 13:40 #26748

• yechidah
G38

May your wife be healthy and well, and simcha should always fill your home

and just to tell you that all the struggles you describe here are normal

one of the keys is not to get overwhelmed when the test comes.

it's very hard but accepting yourself as you are,a good neshoma that is struggling with a very difficult thing,comes a long way in helping to deal with the challanges that come up.

the voice of that yetzer horah is terrible

he will try to convince you that you are garbage,what trash will be tempted to look at pretty nurses when the wife is laid up in a hospital bed.

I've heard this type of voice for many years in my head.

its a voice of poison and it almost destroyed me

DO NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO IT.

because you are a good Yid that the yetzer horah wants to break.

and with Hashem's help,Whom you will ask to help you,you will never break.
Last Edit: by SupportIZeverything.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes