Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 days now 7488 Views

Re: 90 days now 04 Feb 2009 15:30 #2807

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Need help! After a run of 4 wks I fell.I saw it coming,spoke with my sponsor,came to GUR, but still fell.On the one hand I feel more prepared to move on.On the other hand I want to exlplore other means of dealing with this.I read about a program that has teh approach that addiction  can be 100% cured.It is called passagesmalibu.com.There is a book out by the founder Chris Prentiss.Has anyone heard of this?For some reason the info on this website touched me and gave me a new hope that I can actually have a  cure not a recovery.I am at a point in my life that I want a truly fresh start,from A-Z.
Last Edit: by once-innocent.

Re: 90 days now 04 Feb 2009 20:55 #2818

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Listen dear GettingHelp, you should go back and read all your posts on this thread ("90 days now"). You are very inspiring! You definitely have it in you.

There are many great sites out there that can help. One that comes to mind, sexualcontrol.com. Check it out. But you won't find a Frum site, nor will you find the group support like you get on GUE 

You should know that the 4 weeks you were just clean will always stay with you. They are the building blocks for your next push, which will take you even further!

You have to know that this is a process. We have to eradicate LUST from our hearts totally. But to do this, we have to WANT to. Believe me, to live without lust at all is truly a freeing experience, but it takes a leap of faith.

Have you considered 12-Step groups? That's the best solution out there for strong addictions and persistant failures...

Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Here-For-A-Reason.

Re: 90 days now 04 Feb 2009 22:16 #2820

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I will just consider this a bump in the road.I feel strong and have the desire.Today is DAY 1!
Last Edit: by Yearning.

Re: 90 days now 05 Feb 2009 22:18 #2856

• Shomer
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Fresh Boarder
gettinghelp ... you are a tzadik because you are a kam.

Sheva yipol tzadik v'kam

Wishing you much Hatzlacha!
Last Edit: by skeptical.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes