Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 days now 7489 Views

Re: 90 days now 27 Jan 2009 22:33 #2514

• Binyomin5766
Keep Up The Good Work! 
Last Edit: by .

Re: 90 days now 28 Jan 2009 21:40 #2609

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
B"H another day has come and gone.One chock full of brachot and nissim,all day long.I just need to keep my eyes open to see all of the help the ALMIGHTY  is sending me to get thru each day clean.I could have fallena  few times but Hashem was there to carry me the extra yard,and B"H I had success A.Big THANK YOU to all of the people on GUE for all of the chizuk and chessed.We should all include in shema kolainu our own personal tefilah for a successful recovery for everyone on GUE.

Re: 90 days now 29 Jan 2009 22:28 #2661

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
B"H DAY 24 has come and gone.The desires were quite strong and I so wanted to act out,but for some reason I just could not(B"H).This site has become so a great source of chizuk,it has gotten me thru some really tough spots.

Re: 90 days now 29 Jan 2009 22:32 #2663

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
The days that you have "close calls" are the strongest bricks in the foundation of recovery, sobriety and closeness to Hashem - that you are building.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Noorah BAmram.

Re: 90 days now 30 Jan 2009 17:51 #2687

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Today was a close call,but I called my sponsor asap and it saved me(B"H).I am most grateful to Hashem for getting me to day 25.It has been a good few days of learning and growing.When I make kiddusa tonite I will try to have in mind the new and higher level of kiddusha Hashem has brought me and family to via me being clean for 25 days.GOOD SHABBOS TO ALL !!!!!!
Last Edit: by Kc89.

Re: 90 days now 30 Jan 2009 18:10 #2689

• Shomer
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Great work ... KUTGW (As GUE would say

Have a great Shabbos!!!
Last Edit: by Thistooshallpass.

Re: 90 days now 30 Jan 2009 18:34 #2690

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
what does that mean?
Last Edit: by this2shallpass26.

Re: 90 days now 31 Jan 2009 19:16 #2697

• the.guard
KUTGW = Keep Up The Good/Great Work!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by keep climbing.

Re: 90 days now 02 Feb 2009 17:52 #2755

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
Between last nite and today i am going crazy.It is so hard not to give in.I won't, but it it is certainly taking me for a ride today.I just spoke with my sponsor,I will post here and read here for awhile,and just do what ever it takes to get thru today clean.

Re: 90 days now 02 Feb 2009 18:17 #2757

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
you are still clean?!? that is the greatest news i heard today! thanks so much for posting here that you are doing well, it really makes me happy.

to the people that think they are not doing well because they are still falling: it is a process. in the beginning of the process, you think you're not doing well because you still fall. but falling and getting up is PART OF THE PROCESS.what do you think, you start right away with no falls? i fell for 38 years, until i finally, finally, was ready to stop falling.have patience, and you WILL SUCCEED.in the yomim noraim davening it says 'ad yom MOSO techakeh lo letshuvai I hope it doesn't take you as long as it took me, but be prepared for the long haul, and be preapared that it's going to be hard.and dont think about tomorrow. jack
Last Edit: 02 Feb 2009 18:20 by motty.

Re: 90 days now 02 Feb 2009 20:16 #2761

• Mevakesh Hashem
Jack.

I read your words, and it brings tears of joy to my eyes and heart!

Just a few months short ago you didn't believe that you could change. You thought the Yetzer Hara had you in his wicked net forever!

Yet, with hard work, Emunah and persevereance, you are here today a changed man, telling others that IT CAN BE DONE!!!

WOW! You are awesome Jack! A real Tzaddik!

Chazak V'Ematz!
Last Edit: by jake.richmon.

Re: 90 days now 02 Feb 2009 20:40 #2764

• the.guard
What a beautiful post Jack!

GettingHelp, in a few weeks / months you will be on this forum telling others, like Jack, that with hard work, perseverance and doing the RIGHT STEPS, it CAN be done.
Last Edit: by Yankey.

Re: 90 days now 02 Feb 2009 21:10 #2769

• Runner26
  • Fresh Boarder
That's what keeps  me going.I came so close to falling,almost but not quite.B"H!!!

Re: 90 days now 03 Feb 2009 13:28 #2784

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear mevakesh until 120, may Hashem shower you with blessings ad bli dai! as you know,i agree with everything you said except one thing - i dont think that you should call me a tzadik.i really look for the truth.and i'm really not a tzadik - just trying  to be one.
Last Edit: by eliyahu.

Re: 90 days now 03 Feb 2009 20:13 #2799

• the.guard

Jack it, won't help you. "Trying to be one" is what ALL Tzadikim do :-) Listen to this. I once heard an amazing vort. It says - Zeh Hashar laHashem Tzadikim Yavo'u Vo. The question is, WHAT IS "Zeh Hashar"? The answer is the Pasuk before, that says "Pischu li Sharei Tzedek avo vum"...That is "Zeh Hashar"... As long as one feels he is not a Tzadik yet and is asking Hashem "Pischu Li" - open for me the Sharei Tzedek so I can be a Tzadik - then ZEH HASHAR LAHASHEM TZADIKIM YAVOU VO. That precisely IS the Shar to Hashem of true Tzadikim. (But as soon as one feels he already is a Tzadik, he missed the boat :-)

Also, it says Yismach lev mevakshei Hashem... It doesn't say, Yismach Lev Masigei Hashem... The act of being Mevakesh, makes one a Tzadik. (You hear that "Mevakesh?")
Last Edit: 03 Feb 2009 20:17 by ninety.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes