Welcome, Guest

MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 134042 Views

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 05:21 #256236

MBJ wrote:
hwhap@gmx.com wrote:
Interesting. What role do you think phone calls play?

?

I mean: if I call someone for help when I want to think about sex, is that like calling G-d when you surrender?

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 11:34 #256243

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I recently went through a day that I was busy at work with torah shiurim on my headphones all day. It was a beautiful calm day with little mental traffic.

For me all my sexual experiences are selfish, but not really abusive. Either way it puts me in a place of extreme disfunction, to the point that I can't even imagine what a normal healthy sexual experience is.

hwhap@gmx.com wrote:
MBJ wrote:
hwhap@gmx.com wrote:
Interesting. What role do you think phone calls play?

?

I mean: if I call someone for help when I want to think about sex, is that like calling G-d when you surrender?

I view that slightly differently. Calling someone is a way of airing out your problem. So many times what seems like the biggest issue in the world, when exposed to the light will get real proportion. Then it can seem small or even commical. That is the power of phoning a friend, getting perspective.

Surrender for me is telling myself that I don't need this thing. My life can go on and in fact be better without it.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 11:59 #256245

MBJ wrote:
I said to myself I don't need to feel connected, or my connection is being the provider of my house and family. That giving is how I receive. That is true to some extent, but still sometimes I want to feel like someone cares for me, like someone is looking out for me just for me, not based on what they get out of it.

When I read your post above I couldn't help but think that when you go to sexaholic anonymous meetings you can get some real love. I've been to some. I have to say I never felt closer to someone than to the men there. I think there is a mishna that talks about the love of David and Yonasan, so there may be such a thing as a special love between friends. I think I'm very far from that, I've pushed away all my friends, and I don't tend to make new ones, but sometimes I'm helpful to others.

Still reading your thread ...

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 12:48 #256248

MBJ wrote:

Baruch Hashem, day by day I am doing well. I have 18 months sobriety now. I left the forum and cut off connections here because of pressure from my wife. She asked me to not have personal correspondence with people that I meet here. This was very important to her and out of respect for her, I am respecting that request.

That's interesting. I don't allow my wife to apply pressure on me in this area. I can't control what she does, for example whether she wants to stay married or not. I do have control over the choices that I make, and I can choose whether to go to sexaholic anonymous meetings, or web sites, therapy, whatever. With due consideration for her schedule.

You sound like you are really concerned about respecting your wife enough. You already respect her plenty, you don't need to prove that you respect her, and winning the olympics of respect is not going to fix any intimacy problems.

My home life is what it was, nothing to update for those who know.
Though since I am posting I will say something, I recently tried to talk to my wife about us again. I told her that I wanted more connection affection etc. She said to me a few things thst she is 1000% correct about. First off that while we have no sexual chemistry anymore, not for many years now, we have a wonderful relationship as parent as partners in a home, and we really do compliment each other and work together beautifully. That comes with its own intimacy and closeness, maybe not the one that I fantasize about, but that doesn't make it less important.

Just some thoughts here, colored by my own family life:

As long as you fundamentally feel you need her to stay clean, she'll feel under pressure and it will turn her off. Tashmish becomes a chore, it turns her off. As long as you believe something is missing, she knows that and pressure is on for her. There's a flip side to that though. Women like to impress men with how good they look, whether or not they want to admit it, and she has to be sensitive.

I think that a woman wants tashmish even more than the man does, but, like us, it has to be just right. You turn her off because of who you are today. If you change for the better you'll stop turning her off and she'll come looking for you.

I also wouldn't put a lot of weight on the conversation you recounted above. She's right, at the moment there's no sexual chemistry because your thoughts turn her off. Change yourself and she'll be sitting in your lap.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 14:58 #256256

• cordnoy
hwhap@gmx.com wrote:
MBJ wrote:
I said to myself I don't need to feel connected, or my connection is being the provider of my house and family. That giving is how I receive. That is true to some extent, but still sometimes I want to feel like someone cares for me, like someone is looking out for me just for me, not based on what they get out of it.

When I read your post above I couldn't help but think that when you go to sexaholic anonymous meetings you can get some real love. I've been to some. I have to say I never felt closer to someone than to the men there. I think there is a mishna that talks about the love of David and Yonasan, so there may be such a thing as a special love between friends. I think I'm very far from that, I've pushed away all my friends, and I don't tend to make new ones, but sometimes I'm helpful to others.

Still reading your thread ...

Doesn't compare to what is supposed to be with wife.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 15:00 #256257

• cordnoy
hwhap@gmx.com wrote:
MBJ wrote:

Baruch Hashem, day by day I am doing well. I have 18 months sobriety now. I left the forum and cut off connections here because of pressure from my wife. She asked me to not have personal correspondence with people that I meet here. This was very important to her and out of respect for her, I am respecting that request.

That's interesting. I don't allow my wife to apply pressure on me in this area. I can't control what she does, for example whether she wants to stay married or not. I do have control over the choices that I make, and I can choose whether to go to sexaholic anonymous meetings, or web sites, therapy, whatever. With due consideration for her schedule.

You sound like you are really concerned about respecting your wife enough. You already respect her plenty, you don't need to prove that you respect her, and winning the olympics of respect is not going to fix any intimacy problems.

If you would know MBJ, you would know that he was doin' that just for respect and for lovin' and for shalom bayis; not for intimacy. Many wives say similar and it is a tough struggle, for some of us men need the groups for sobriety.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 15:03 #256258

• cordnoy
hwhap@gmx.com wrote:

Just some thoughts here, colored by my own family life:

As long as you fundamentally feel you need her to stay clean, she'll feel under pressure and it will turn her off. Tashmish becomes a chore, it turns her off. As long as you believe something is missing, she knows that and pressure is on for her. There's a flip side to that though. Women like to impress men with how good they look, whether or not they want to admit it, and she has to be sensitive.

I think that a woman wants tashmish even more than the man does, but, like us, it has to be just right. You turn her off because of who you are today. If you change for the better you'll stop turning her off and she'll come looking for you.

I also wouldn't put a lot of weight on the conversation you recounted above. She's right, at the moment there's no sexual chemistry because your thoughts turn her off. Change yourself and she'll be sitting in your lap.

I am sorry Mr. Hwgapqx, but you are way out of line here.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 16:26 #256271

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Perhaps you are right. I'll take it under consideration.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 17:01 #256277

cordnoy wrote:

I think I am all out of observations anyway, but you're right, I am a bit rough around the edges.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 17:17 #256278

• cordnoy
hwhap@gmx.com wrote:
cordnoy wrote:

I think I am all out of observations anyway, but you're right, I am a bit rough around the edges.

but on the other hand, it looks like youre tryin' to help, and MBJ responded (to you I believe) that you may be right, so perhaps I will take a backseat.

I just thought it was presumptuous for you to say that he should fix himself and she will sit in his lap, for MBJ has been a model citizen for many many months, and perhaps years, and he has had no (ZERO) relations in that time, so while the advice may be good for me or for others, i didn't think it was proper to him (although he is strugglin' now).

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 17:51 #256280

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I was just being politely dismissive. Sorry for the confusion. The fact is maybe he is right maybe not. I don't know and I don't care. What I do know is giving a lust addict advice on how to turn his wife into a sex kitten is poison for me. That will lead to hope to fantasy to disappointment and to struggles. We all know hope is the dirtiest four letter word of them all.

What I should know, which I forgot for a time is that it doesn't matter and it is completely out of my control. I have to surrender to Hashem and trust in Him and live my life accordingly. The rest is up to Him.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 07 Jun 2015 18:08 #256282

MBJ wrote:
I was just being politely dismissive. Sorry for the confusion. The fact is maybe he is right maybe not. I don't know and I don't care. What I do know is giving a lust addict advice on how to turn his wife into a sex kitten is poison for me. That will lead to hope to fantasy to disappointment and to struggles. We all know hope is the dirtiest four letter word of them all.

I completely agree, but maybe the implication wasn't clear. I certainly don't mean that you should adopt some phony behavior that will make her a sex kitten. I do mean that if you get past your problem (perhaps by plugging in to SA, so to speak) she will want to sit in your lap. But when she is sitting in your lap you'll be thinking about anything other than sex. But after a while you will also have the intimacy (without sex) that you want.

Hope it's clearer now, I apologize for the confusion.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 12 Jun 2015 16:43 #256735

shomer bro wrote:
I can very much relate to that feeling of loneliness. It may help to have a close friend you can talk to about this, and who'll be there to give you that healthy touch (hug). .....[u][i][b] and I'm sending you a virtual hug.
[/b][/i][/u]
what I great idea.. a virtual hug...gevaldig.I'm sending one out to all who need one... Thanks SB for the idea

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 Jun 2015 14:30 #256977

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I just fell. Got to 10 days. I was doing fine for 8 days. Surrendering every thought and emotion and action that was dangerous to me. It felt great. But the last two days I have neen plagued by a growing lust. I gave in. Not because I had to but because I felt what is the point in not. I could have stopped but I knew that I would be back an hour later fighting again. No relief, just the same nagging urge. So I had a feeling of yiush and I stopped fighting. Of course it solves nothing. It just takes a bit of the edge of lf the nagging urge. So frustrating. I was feeling so good. Now, not so much.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 Jun 2015 14:38 #256979

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
One other thing. My preschooler is in love with his teacher. Everyday he talks about how pretty she is and how pretty her clothes, shoes hair snd nails are. He is so young it means nothing. But it scares me so badly. Everytime he does I say a tefillah to Hashem. Please don't let him be sick like me.
My Story
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes