Welcome, Guest

MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 134090 Views

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 May 2014 03:26 #231948

• Dov
  • Administrator
Not as heilig as you, though.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 May 2014 14:05 #231956

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
C'mon everyone, group hug. AWWWWWW!!!!!
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 May 2014 18:45 #231972

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Dov wrote:

Why? Who says I'm heiliger?

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 May 2014 19:36 #231984

TehillimZugger wrote:
Dov wrote:

Last Edit: 16 May 2014 21:58 by Machshovo Tova.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 May 2014 19:59 #231990

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Machshovo Tova wrote:
TehillimZugger wrote:
Dov wrote:

Really MT?

For YOU to make such a poor joke?!

I'm melamed zechus that you get triggered by strukkes and weren't thinking straight...
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Last Edit: 18 May 2014 23:20 by TehillimZugger.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 16 May 2014 21:56 #232001

Sorry to have affected your sensitivities, TZ. I edited my post. Please edit my quote in your post so that future generations may think I was a heilige yid.
As Chazal say:
אם היה בעל תשובה לא יאמר לו זכור מעשיך הראשונים

Shabbat Shalom

MT
Last Edit: 16 May 2014 21:59 by Machshovo Tova.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 08 Jun 2014 10:06 #232998

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a thought on this past week's parsha, and since there hasn't been a tzetel in a few weeks since someone isn't compiling it (cough cough) I thought I'd share it here. Truth is this is probably not an original thought, I am sure I read/heard it somewhere, somewhen. I apologize to whomever told it to me for not mentioning them.

Beha'aloscha starts with the commandment to Aharon to light the Menorah. We all know the famous Rashi that why is this Parsha of Menora near the Parsha of the Nesi'im. Aharon was saddened that Shevet Levi was not part of the grand pageantry that was the Chanuchas Hamizbeach. So Hashem tells Moshe to tell Aharon that his work is greater than theirs since he gets to light the Menorah everyday.
What the Nesi'im did was great. It was a huge show. Everyday for 12 days they come in with their silver, gold, 21 animals for sacrifice, incense and meal offering. I am sure there was much fanfare and everyone in Klal Yisroel was super excited and juiced up. They were probably telling themselves about all the great things that they were going to do. But we all know how these super glowing feelings fade. One day turns into the next and then the next, and you miss a day and a week and you fall behind and say well why am I doing this? Oh I'll just do that tomorrow, one slip won't kill me.
Contrast with Aharon's task. It was a relatively simple one. It was witnessed by few, there was no fanfare, just everyday going and lighting the menorah. But it was EVERYDAY. He could not miss even one day. This is the way to real growth, small steps everyday. No excuses why today is no good. No saying I'll just do it tomorrow. Take the steady consistent path everyday. So while what the Nesi'im did was amazing, what Aharon was tasked to do was even greater.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 08 Jun 2014 22:25 #233026

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י

You're a cheater!!!!

A Robber!!!!

I was gonna write that vort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is brought down in Toras Avos in the name of The first Slonimer Rebbe.
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 09 Jun 2014 02:46 #233063

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
glad to save you the effort, you are welcome.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 14 Jul 2014 14:38 #235100

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Haven't updated in a while. BH, I am 11 months clean now. I just read the Garden of Peace. I have been meaning to buy it for months now, but I have been putting it off but with a little sayata dishmaya I was walking in Tel Aviv and there it was right in front of my face.

So having read it, my initial reaction is that most of the ideas are principals that I have been trying to put into my life anyway, but it is all taken a step further and it gives me a little more clarity of purpose. Also, it came to me right on time, I need the chizzuk now, and I needed to up my game, I was started to slack off. So again BH on both counts.

With Hashem's help my I be successful to integrate those ideas into my life and marriage, and take steps to further restore my marriage to a healthy one.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 29 Jul 2014 22:01 #236320

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a wonderful revelation today.

We all know the famous idea of why techeiles. Techeiles will make us think about the sea, the sea will make us think about the sky and the sky will make us think about Hashem.

Really a pretty puzzling idea. So roundabout a method of getting to Hashem.

(Warning: Those who are super easily triggered, don't click the spoiler)

So I said to myself, my mind turns any and every little thing it can back to sex. If my mind turned even half the number of times to Hashem as it does to sex from even the slightest hint, that would be a great thing. It is not that making those associations is ridiculous, we all do it, it is about getting those associations to go where they should go, and not l'havdil the other way around.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 30 Jul 2014 13:56 #236392

• shivisi
  • Current streak: 193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
MBJ wrote:
If my mind turned even half the number of times to Hashem as it does to sex from even the slightest hint, that would be a great thing. It is not that making those associations is ridiculous, we all do it, it is about getting those associations to go where they should go, and not l'havdil the other way around.

GEVALDIG!! MBJ

The whole subject of 'shaar Habechina' in the Sefer Chovos Halvovos is Using EVERYTHING you see in the world to make you think of Hashem.
Maybe a good counterpractice (is that a word?) to reacting to lust triggers would be to get ourselves used to seeing everything as a "Hashem Trigger"

PS - Although it is possible, as with everything else in the world, to use all the beautiful women which we see in the street as a "Hashem Triggers", I would suggest that until this idea becomes second nature, we should use other sites first to practice on.
-just a suggestion-
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2014 14:01 by shivisi.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 30 Jul 2014 14:31 #236394

• ineedchizuk
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you MBJ. I actually never knew what 'warning spoiler' meant until I just saw your instructions ('click')!
Now I have to go reread all posts!

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 30 Jul 2014 16:56 #236404

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
gevaldig Mbj!!!

thats a real eye opener!!!!

KOMT!!!!

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 30 Jul 2014 18:20 #236419

MBJ wrote:
...So I was walking home today and I noticed ... b* s* ...

Yeah, it's BS like all other BS. Don't let it get to you. Just ignore all those pesky distractions and keep focused on your destiny. (Just talkin' to myself - hope nobody minds.)

Hatzlacha

MT
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes