Welcome, Guest

8th Time - "my journey"
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 8th Time - "my journey" 6666 Views

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 30 Aug 2009 21:27 #14810

• Someone
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Excellent, 10 days are amazing! We as well as HaShem all hold your hand!
Last Edit: by Imaddicted.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 01 Sep 2009 18:59 #15188

• 8th Time
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • User
Just wanted to share a personal tidbit in my quest for 90 days of taharah. G-d is helping us all. We receive subtle messages every single day, here is mine. On Sunday I made a promise not to go online no matter what (it is a weak day for me and I knew that I may be vulnerable). Anyway, I had to call a certain place and had the number written down. I had left this person two messages and had not heard back from them. As "fate" would have it the number I wrote down was the wrong number I called someone else who I thought had the number and they did not have it either. I needed to speak to this person as soon as possible. I could have easily gotten the number online , but I said I would wait till the next day , come what may. Literally within 25 minutes of me exhausting all other options and remaining steadfast in my decision, the phone rings and this person whom I called 4 days before calls me saying that they apologize for not calling back but did not know when a good time to call would be. It was the perfect time ...... Hopefully The 8th time !!!

p.s anybody know how I can link my posts to my "wall of honor" page ? Thanks
Last Edit: by MOISHPIPIK.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 01 Sep 2009 19:59 #15217

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
p.s anybody know how I can link my posts to my "wall of honor" page ? Thanks

Done.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by yishai.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 02 Sep 2009 19:27 #15431

• 8th Time
  • User
thanks
Last Edit: by samr.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 16 Sep 2009 22:52 #18565

• 8th Time
  • User
just fell. how do i recover from the fall , i am sooooo depressed . please help
Last Edit: by hilsabub.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 16 Sep 2009 23:25 #18568

• habib613
Hi 8th, i don't believe i've ever posted on your thread before.
The only way to recover from a fall is to keep going. I used to binge after i fell. I'd be so upset at myself that i jsut gave up for a while. sometimes that would last a whole week!!
but one of the most important things GUE has taught me was how to get up from a fall.
This menuval is disgusting and tricky and he really knows how to get to us. so after he gets us to fall, he convinces us that the fight is worthless. BUT IT"S NOT!!! every second of every day that you stayed clean is such a zchus for you! as R' Bardichev says, "fell shmell" the most important thing right now is to get up and start counting again.
i found that it helped to make gedarim for myself after i fall. for example, if it was online, i add that website, or that keyword, to my k9 block list. or i make a kabbala that before i fall i'll post on the forum, or call my sponser.
things like that really help for the future.
hatlocho rabba!
and remember- if you get depressed now, you're once again falling into the YH's trap. so , call a friend, go for a walk, listen to music, and resolve to fix a hole in the system.
Last Edit: by jef2448.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 17 Sep 2009 00:06 #18574

• Shmilu
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
8th,
I also fell 2 days ago after a clean streak of 33. I can relate to how you feel.
No need to be depressed or down because of it, cuz it will only drag you down. Make believe you just discovered GYE, and you only now really became aware of the dangers of not being clean, AND START ANEW!
Tell yourself, "Hey, I'm clean now, and I'm going to keep it this way. I'm a new person."
This is what I'm doing now.
Last Edit: by 613Mitzvos.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 17 Sep 2009 02:15 #18585

• 8th Time
  • User
thank you both for the chizuk. what compounds the pain is that i truly believe it is holding me back from my bashert. hashem knows best !!! perhaps I need to think of the "fall" as  just a minor setback. after all if i am clean tomorrow than i am 26 for 27. etc. thanks again for the chizuk
Last Edit: by Gyeanonymous2.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 17 Sep 2009 02:21 #18586

• 8th Time
  • User
the real problem i have is i do not really know how i fell. I was just very depressed and saw something by accident during the day and ..... boom , next thing you know you feel like a month of accomplishments came falling down like a load of bricks. all in one instant !!! so what good does a kabbalah do if it wansn't exactly premeditated ?
Last Edit: by Heyaqwe.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 17 Sep 2009 02:43 #18590

• habib613
you're right. i don't know.
for me i usually have a few slips before i fall. or at least i know that i'm feeling weak right now and so i give someone a call.

but just hang in there. keep trying. and bezchus all your hard work,may Hashem send you your bashert.
(just remember that when you meet her, you are not going to want to tell her that you're still acting out i know i'm a big talker. way harder to do than to say.) hatzlocho
Last Edit: by Elpidos.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 17 Sep 2009 05:37 #18615

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
8th time wrote on 17 Sep 2009 02:21:

the real problem i have is i do not really know how i fell. I was just very depressed and saw something by accident during the day and ..... boom , next thing you know you feel like a month of accomplishments came falling down like a load of bricks. all in one instant !!! so what good does a kabbalah do if it wansn't exactly premeditated ?

i hear that 8th.
it takes thought and training.
so tell us when youre depressed.
it works for me to turn here when im down.
i know when im down i could fall easy.
so instead of going that route, i just turn to the forum.
i see something by accident?
straight to the forum...
etc..., etc..., etc...

it takes time, but the question is how to protect ourselves from going bchlal in that direction
look all over the forum for tips and clues, it's there
if you have more questions, ask!

and post post post!!
Last Edit: 21 Sep 2009 07:43 by Yidmaster.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 17 Sep 2009 14:49 #18721

• battleworn
8th, if depression led to your fall, then the best think you could do is to not let the fall get you down. I've seen some great warriors here, that couldn't brake free. As soon as they learned to ignore the falls, the problem dissapeared.

CHAZAK VE'EMATZ!!!

Last Edit: by shiraz.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 24 Sep 2009 19:59 #20324

• 8th Time
  • User
I unfortunately fell. I need everyone on this forums help, I will try to update everyone almost every day. I want to show everyone that I will be"h be a chasan within the next 90 days. Of course that should not be the main reason why a person does tesuva, however we can all see the power of tahara. Please, I need everyone’s help in "holding my hand" I can and will be"h win this battle . The torah says "vatah timshal bah" , if we realize the "vatah" our true desire , than surly we will rule over him. Amen !!!
Last Edit: by Protect.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 24 Sep 2009 20:05 #20327

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
Hi! 8th! welcome!
i just became a kallah and an amazing thing that "7up" aka "mom" on the forum pointed out:
40 days before a person is concieved a bas kol anounces their zivug in shamayim
Ready for a really cool thing?
I joined GYE almost exactly 40 days before i got engaged!
may you find your true zivug soon and with clarity and joy!

letakain21
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by Dim.

Re: 8th Time - "my journey" 24 Sep 2009 20:11 #20329

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
AMEN!
AMEN!
AMEN!
(that's for both of the last posts)

8th,
I'm holding, so start pulling yourself up!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
And don't forget,
one day at a time!
Last Edit: by dbo.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes