Welcome, Guest

amordechai's 90 days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: amordechai's 90 days 909 Views

amordechai's 90 days 23 May 2012 17:08 #138137

Hello everybody,
I would like to keep a journal of my first 90 days clean of acting out sexual fantasies and masturbation. I hope I can count on the forum members for support, and hopefully, iy”h I will be able to encourage and support other forum members in due time.

I have had fantasies involving sexual fetishes from a very young age (around 6 years old)… and for about 9 years, I have struggled with them because while they did not fulfill me in any way, I felt compelled to do the same set of actions that cost me time, energy and money. I know this is an addiction... I want to put in whatever it takes to heal myself.

--amordechai

Re: amordechai's 90 days 23 May 2012 17:29 #138142

I am 11 days into my 90 day journey, and yesterday was rosh chodesh Sivan. The first 9 days were okay for the most part but yesterday, I had a headache and I felt pretty sad… despite the fact that the singing in hallel usually makes me pretty happy. I often doubt my emotions: meaning I often think I understand why I am feeling a certain way, but then, I think that “maybe it’s just the weather…”

Anyways, my theory as to why I felt the way I did yesterday is this: I feel like I’m not part of a group. It’s a very old feeling for me… I remember being very young and feeling like this. A feeling like everyone is in on the joke and I am not… just to have a group of friends to “hang out” with would be nice, I see my brothers have groups of friends that they ”hang out” with, and other acquaintances too: they seem to have groups of friends.

but then my logical side takes over, I have heard both Jewish and non-Jewish sources say that a man is lucky if I has one true friend. So what if I don’t have a group of phony friends? It’s not as though I am isolated: I interact with lots of people on a daily basis, I speak with them, I study with them… and I am working on developing deeper friendships. So why do I feel so lonely without a “group”?

anyways:

today, I am feeling a bit better. . . as I think to myself “krova yeshuati lavo” and if I need a group, hashem will guide me and help me.

Re: amordechai's 90 days 07 Jun 2012 20:02 #139067

• ImGonnaWin
  • Senior Boarder
Hey amordechai.

You're part of a group now. We're all with you in this. It looks like you're moving strong. I wish you continued hatzalacha with this.
Feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk.
See you around!
-ImGonnaWin

Re: amordechai's 90 days 14 Jun 2012 10:57 #139459

• lightchaim
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Junior Boarder
amordechai,
I know the feeling of loneliness when I see other guys in there own groups. When I feel lonely when I see a group of guys, I tell myself that I will soon get a group. But right now especially that I'm in a new Yeshivah this year, it will take time it could be another year and it could be two years, but I do know that I will have good friends by that time if I keep at it. Maybe for you too, it could take you time to make the friendships that you want so you don't feel lonely.
I sure hope I made sense. If not, it was worth a try.
If you ever want to talk, pm me. I'll be more than happy to talk.
-Icandothis
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes