Welcome, Guest

Required input on fall?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Required input on fall? 1481 Views

Required input on fall? 23 Apr 2012 02:16 #136106

• jewishfiltergeek
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hi everyone!
I have an idea which i would like to get the oilem's approval (and of course the webmasters). Perhaps there should be a small required text box to fill in after a fall with what let up to the fall and what course of action will be taken to try to prevent it in the future. the benefit would be immense full by causing the user to contemplate on his own and place proper guards while his mind is in sane mode! Perhaps also we can have a log on the forum with all the messages. please vote your opinion.
Thanks!

Re: Required input on fall? 23 Apr 2012 18:27 #136146

How would you make something like that required? I think its a great idea to have such a form available. We could even send it to people that say they fell. Sort of like the "Welcome" Page there could be a "You just fell, pick yourself up and what are you going to do about it?" page.

GYE could even make a page of common "scenario's" and suggested fences for different falls . But then again that might not be feasible due to the personal nature of the test, whatever works best would have to be judged on more of an individual basis.

Re: Required input on fall? 23 Apr 2012 18:53 #136147

• jewishfiltergeek
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Expert Boarder
I don't do the web design, but just like when you select i had a fall it pops up 2 date boxes to input when you fell c"v and from when you're clean, there should also be a box which you can fill in info, with the page not letting you submit unless there is some input. i know theoretically someone can just input any garble of text, but i think that's the best we can do. if you like the idea please vote.
Thanks.

Re: Required input on fall? 08 May 2012 19:32 #136957

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I like the idea. We are about to redesign the 90-day chart, so maybe we'll implement it.

I think it should be seen only by the user, because when a person describes how he fell - or even just what he plans to do to prevent it next time - it might give others ideas...

Great idea. Thanks!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Required input on fall? 25 May 2012 18:44 #138351

• mendel 770
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Junior Boarder
a gut Yom Tov to every one;

we should all have a ''Kabolas haTorah b'Simcha ub'Pnimiyus!!";

as the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Z'chuso Yagen Aleinu, was acoustamed to wish people with the oncoming of Zman Mattan Toraseinu;

during which he also urged that EVERYONE, even small infants, should be present in Shul during the reading of the Asseres haDibros, based on a medrash that each and every year, during that reading on Sh'vuos, it is considered as if we are actualy recieving the Torah right now from Hashem, hearing the Asseres haDibros from Moshe Rabeinu on Har Sinnai!!

Re: Required input on fall? 25 Sep 2015 04:37 #264614

I'm about to fall
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes