Welcome, Guest

Rontov Recovery Thread -
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Rontov Recovery Thread - 2612 Views

Rontov Recovery Thread - 15 Mar 2012 03:15 #134710

• rontov
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Senior Boarder
  • goy
I have been looking for a place to put my thoughts down - I am not particularly clever with computors so it took me a while to figure out how to do this.  I have been hanging around this forum for some time - I put the K9 filter on my computer - but it did cause a tremendous amont of slowdown for my server.  So i had to remove it -i have not as yet looked at the schmutz - i want a filter though for when the YH rears itself - to prostrate myself I have found to be very helpful in my day. 
I had a fall several days ago - my resolve is strong - I will go to a live meeting tomorrow at noon.  I have been toying with this idea but not taken action.  I acknowledge that I am powerless over my lust addiction.  I am at ease at this time - so I will finish this conf. call that i am participing in then i will retire.  No running today - every muscle in my body is sore from yesterday.
:o

Baruch Hashem
Last Edit: by .

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 15 Mar 2012 08:05 #134717

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep strong, all the best to you!!!!  ;D

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 15 Mar 2012 13:26 #134735

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Rontov,

Welcome to the forum.

You've got a lot of courage and you're taking recovery seriously.  These are good signs.

Please keep on posting about how things are going.

Lots of luck,

Elyah

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 16 Mar 2012 01:09 #134788

• rontov
  • Senior Boarder
  • goy
I went to the lunchtime meeting near me that i found on the internet.  Normally I go to a Torah study group on thursdays from 12:30 to 2:30.  It was cancelled today .  I met three men there that would help me - one that is my interim sponsor ( call him everyday - study 2 pages in the BBook.  Then call the other two guys every day.  Go to meetings often.  ) one guy was very serious when he said that if i find myself in a difficult situation/place he would come and drag me out of there literally - I am surprised, he only just met me.  Well anyway I will do all that they say exactly.
Today I ran 1.5 miles again and moved ten pails of dirt from the big pile into my garden - i am exhausted - now i will go serve my wife and clean the kitchen before i collide with my bed.  I am feeling pretty good -

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 16 Mar 2012 07:32 #134795

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Great!

--Elyah

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 18 Mar 2012 02:32 #134862

• rontov
  • Senior Boarder
  • goy
Another great Shabbos - I had to work very hard at turning my head to day - even the most covered seem to attract my glance - My friend Mordechai was not there, he is my brother in this fight - that saddened me somewhat - there were other Haverim there that I spoke to and I made a point to not talk to or interact with the women - so another sober day into the books and we shall begin a new week with success.

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 18 Mar 2012 20:08 #134907

• rontov
  • Senior Boarder
  • goy
another day - I had a contact via text from a college guy that wants a ssa thing  - i have to block his number or i will fall in a schwache moment - he sent me a picture that i removed immediatly and i must say i went thru my phone to remove all 'downloaded images.' i hate this YH that finds my weakest spot.  i called my SA cntacts and will go to a live meeting tomorrow at noon as well as the phone conference on here tonight with Schlomo.  I went for a walk with my wife and helped to clean the house -  to get away from the the mind wandering.  No acting out for me today - its in the world of my mind.  I read this one post where the writer said that Torah learning is a fortress from YH -  i believe that - right now i cannot be alone with even myself  - so i will go in now and help some more for my family.  :-\

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 19 Mar 2012 06:47 #134923

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
You really are taking actions of recovery.

KUTGW!

--Elyah

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 21 Mar 2012 20:25 #135069

• rontov
  • Senior Boarder
  • goy
I am quite angry today - my employees, my children, my customers, I have been looking at Craigslist on my mobile phone -  Mashugga - thats me - will i ever be rid of this ?

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 21 Mar 2012 20:32 #135070

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
rontov wrote on 21 Mar 2012 20:25:

I am quite angry today - my employees, my children, my customers, I have been looking at Craigslist on my mobile phone -  Mashugga - thats me - will i ever be rid of this ?

I find that, for me, what's worse than feeling angry is feeling GUILTY about feeling angry.

The question is, just what am I going to do about it now?

--Elyah

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 22 Mar 2012 20:13 #135130

• rontov
  • Senior Boarder
  • goy
BH I went to sleep last night without acting out ! After all the boys left me to continue to move that huge pile of dirt into my garden - by myself - i continued to be angry - I  came in here to the office and looked at craigslist (i did not msbt) - then open GYE and read posts and more posts - then back to craigslist - it was madness.  I reread the post about prostrating myself so i went and found a flat piece of ground and placed myself into His mercy.  I was literally at my witts end.  I needed serious help with this YH - so i lay there face down - I simply thought that one day that is where I will be - in the grund with no more fighting this - I literallycried out for help -  I went to sleep without acting out -

sidenote:
today has been great ! I did notice that I forgot to eat yesterday - my wife fed me and my disposition improved - they told me at an SA meeting - not to get to hungry, angry lonely or tired. HALT. 

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 27 Mar 2012 19:25 #135268

• rontov
  • Senior Boarder
  • goy
Today  I tried to do the day without asking for help - it was terrible i was wanting to act out because it was my birthday - and I knew i could just dissappear from here - no problem - and that I cold not show up at my SA meeting and I could get away with it all.  For a time.  About 1130 i stopped and a thought entered into my mind - why are you doing this alone ? I immediatly invoked the help of Hashem - then i drove directly to an SA meeting -  whew saved again - from my YH - unchecked and without the aid of the AllMighty I seem to go in the very wrong direction rather quickly.  Thanks for letting me 'spill the beans' here !  The GYE tools plus live meetings are key for me.

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 01 Apr 2012 13:40 #135410

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I've had times like that--I DON'T WANT TO DO THE PROGRAM!

It's freaky though; on a recent episode like this (maybe two weeks ago), I was about to do some slipping and the thought entered my mind I'M NOT GOING TO CALL ANYONE!!!  I WANT TO ACT OUT!!!  But then someone from the program called me.  I was sensible enough to at least pick up the phone, and then I admitted what I was about to do, and then this friend told me to go away from the computer and to go for a walk outside and then I listened to him.

Thank G-d, I'm still clean today.

--Elyah

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 04 Apr 2012 02:29 #135523

• rontov
  • Senior Boarder
  • goy
27 days  -  live meetings are very helpful - there are days that i just dont want to choose rightiousness -  like today -  but i keep the Torah open on my desk and when i start to wnder in my mind the voice in my mind yetzer tov reminds me of who i am  and who i am not and i find it difficult to continue filthy thoughts. - 

Re: Rontov Recovery Thread - 06 Apr 2012 14:01 #135605

• ImGonnaWin
  • Senior Boarder
Rontov- that's great to hear!  That yetzer tov can be an amazingly supportive friend!

Do you mind sharing that post you mentioned about prostrating?  Sounds interesting!
Chag Kasher VeSameach!
-IGW
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes