Welcome, Guest

KaNesher's Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: KaNesher's Journey 8071 Views

Re: KaNesher's Journey 06 Jan 2010 22:16 #43087

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
wow, that just shows how Hashem orchestrated things that you should see this again when you are ready for it!

HUG!!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: KaNesher's Journey 07 Jan 2010 20:53 #43510

• kanesher
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi everyone!

I'm still around - I just been a litte distracted. I also been ill to the extent I've been hospitalized. But, B"H I feel much better.

Wow, look at this buzz - I wish I could apply the things I can scribble so easyily

NU - anyway, back from the shrink....hmmm...

Re: KaNesher's Journey 07 Jan 2010 22:36 #43552

• the.guard
I also been ill to the extent I've been hospitalized.

Yikes, could it have been all the red bull?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: KaNesher's Journey 08 Jan 2010 07:09 #43684

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey...I haven't really posted here, but I'm glad i decided to drop in - I hope you're feelign completely better. If not, have a refu'ah sheleimah - please!

And have a great shabbos.

Re: KaNesher's Journey 09 Jan 2010 18:05 #43896

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 08 Jan 2010 04:18:

guardureyes wrote on 07 Jan 2010 22:36:

Yikes, could it have been all the red bull?

kanesher are you also into the redbull? thats so funny...im a big time addict...i tried the red bull cola tonight right before i hit the rink...pretty gross...im gonna stick to the good ole energy drink...and dude, what happened to you? im so glad to hear youre doing better...now lets get better from this other disease (***ducking for cover*** "tomim, dont shoot")
Hey rage i didnt know you speak chinese?? Oh well i guess im just the new kid on the block and have no idea whats shooting i mean flying!

Re: KaNesher's Journey 20 Jan 2010 15:13 #47222

• kanesher
  • Platinum Boarder
It's been a while...I've been doing a lot of thinking.

About fairytales...you know, happily ever after....

I've been thinking. Wondering. Pondering. Smiling.

Fantasy...apparently.... fantasy... it's when reality starts to smile at you... so often we learn to reject fantasy because heck reality is all we got. But...the fantasy remains. It's that irrating school of therapy called CBT.

When you realize that here...is exactly where we need to be. The finest and truest...

Forgive me...but there's someone I need to speak to about this...

Re: KaNesher's Journey 21 Jan 2010 12:19 #47432

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
K- NESH!!!!!!!!! YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who might that be, may i ask??

Re: KaNesher's Journey 03 Feb 2010 19:08 #50972

• kanesher
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi everyone. Time for a little chesbon hanefesh.

I have been fighting this thing since tisha b'av. av, elul, tishrey, marcheshvan, kislev, teves, shevat - seven months. A while.

It won't go away.

Originally I was dealing with a daily habit - now, I feel clean, and even seren sometimes. But falls creep up on me; I've been averaging about ten days. and everytime I feel like I have it beat.

I'm going through therapy, which has helped my overall life incredibly, my marriage has improved tremendously. My learning - frankly, I've always been successful, but I've kind of brained my way through it. Suddenly, hasmadah, consistency, complexity, planning. I've learned - or am learning - how to genuinely give to my wife. How to truly, truly, focus on another human being.

But it won't go away.

I have deepseated issues; abuse combined with an overactive brain has made my case file rather thick and complex ( and made me crack another therapist - like, craaaack -  not the one i'm seeing ). I fell again today. Nine days. Gotta love standard deviation.

I feel like giving up. My bank account is negative from all this therapy, and I feel like...I know it's not true. It's the best money I've spent, and I am a new person. I just...need this out of my life. out out out.

And I know what my mistake has been. I haven't honest about what falling is, I think. Which means I haven't totally given it up. :::sigh::: you walk, you stand...you sit. Ashrey me shelo halach...

My therapist still has some neat tricks up his sleeve, and feels that we have plenty to do - and heck, I've progressed. But why can't I just cruise to ninety like so many others? ach....

DC is starting soon. Hopefully I'll be able to join. :::sigh:::

Re: KaNesher's Journey 03 Feb 2010 19:17 #50974

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
כְּנֶשֶׁר יָעִיר קִנּוֹ, עַל-גּוֹזָלָיו יְרַחֵף יִפְרֹשׂ כְּנָפָיו יִקָּחֵהוּ, יִשָּׂאֵהוּ עַל-אֶבְרָתוֹ

Re: KaNesher's Journey 03 Feb 2010 19:29 #50977

• bardichev
CAN I CALL U TATEHLEH?

TATELEH WHO SAID IT WILL BE EASY?

WHO SAID UR MODEL TRUCK HAS CRUISE CONTROL IN IT?

MAYBE U R MEANT TO FIGHT TILL MOSHIACH COMES

WHO PROMISED IT WILL GET EASIER

WHO NEEDS EASIER

EVERY "DOR" HAS ITS NISYONOS

OURS IS UNLEASHED FILTH

MY GRANDPARENTS SURVIVED DEATH CAMPS AND BEATINGS AND STARVATION

HEY THEY STILL MANAGED TO LOOK HAPPY EVERY SINGLE DAY

WE ARE SPOILED

YES WE ARE

I AM FOR SURE

WE WANT IT ALL

(SECRETLY WE LOVE OUR TAAVOS TOO ,JUST WE CAN'T HANDLE THEM)

KANESHER

ALL WE CAN DO

IS BE STRONG IN EMUNAH

REALIZE IT'S HASHEMSMS PLAN

AND DO SOMETING PRO-ACTIVE

AND KEEP ON TRUCKING!!!
B

Re: KaNesher's Journey 03 Feb 2010 20:52 #50990

• the.guard
Originally I was dealing with a daily habit - now, I feel clean, and even seren sometimes. But falls creep up on me; I've been averaging about ten days. and everytime I feel like I have it beat.

Dov says that the day he starts to think he has it beat, he's dead.

Re: KaNesher's Journey 03 Feb 2010 21:33 #50999

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Kanesh,

I hear you man.
Sounds like you know what's what, though.
The nagging feeling of wanting to be done with all this,
understanding where you're standing or sitting or whatever.

Well, no giving in to the voice of giving in...
keep on flying!!!

Sturggle
P.S. When are we going to see you here in the Aretz at a kumzitz?

Re: KaNesher's Journey 03 Feb 2010 22:13 #51013

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
What beautiful insight you have about yourself...Hashem is there with you, All of your loving friends from the forum are with you, your wife is ther for you...You can't let that dark side of yourself beat yourself up. You will be succesful at this fight of yours....Overcoming this battle is probably the reason you were created. It's the hardest thing you'll ever do but you are doing it and have had (if you'll be honest) much success already. You will continue to have more and more succes.

Re: KaNesher's Journey 04 Feb 2010 12:22 #51118

• the.guard
humanbeing is right,

It is brought down in the sefer Menucha V'kedusha written by a talmid of R' Chaim Volozhiner, that even a person who sins his whole life can still be considered a Tzaddik, as long as he never gives up and always continues to fight. We like to think of success in terms of results.  But Hashem looks at our efforts, not at the results.

Re: KaNesher's Journey 05 Feb 2010 11:23 #51398

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow guard. i just bought that sefer. Cant wait till i see that!!

Hey K-nesh!! A loving brother here. My heart goes out for you. But look back at what you wrote!! All the progress your making. Doesnt this count?? So your still falling! And others are having it easier! So what?!? As long as your doing yours and t seems like your doing alot!!

Hatzlacha and have a great shabbos!
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes