Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: jack-veiter 27565 Views

Re: jack-veiter 25 May 2012 18:21 #138345

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
When we don't look, it's so much easier . . .

Jack, have a wonderful Shabbos and Yom Tov!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: jack-veiter 25 May 2012 18:26 #138348

Hi Jack (pleased to meet you),

I don't know if I'm worthy of convincing you on anything, but I can tell you this: I'm just a bit more than you in this struggle (11-58) and B"H in all my years of trying and trying I never felt as hopeful as now. I always would fail and fail again, and always would worry about the next seemingly inevitable fall. That was until recently, when I realized, thanks to GYE, that the only way to stay safe is to stay safe. That means avoiding all lust, and that includes guarding the eyes as well as the machshovo. Not for naught is this place called GuardYourEyes. This is a most essential ingredient towards our recovery. One must decide once and for all, am I ready to make the jump and exchange all lustfull pleasures for heavenly pleasures, or am I just gonna continue fooling myself (and fooling with myself) the rest of my life?

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick!
Jack jump over the candlestick!

The heilige yom tov Shvuos is a great time to make that jump and that commitment. That's what Matan Torah was/is all about:

ואתם תהיו לי ממלכת כהנים וגוי קדוש

Chag Someiach

MT

Re: jack-veiter 25 May 2012 18:43 #138350

• mendel 770
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Junior Boarder
a gut Yom Tov to every one;

we should all have a ''Kabolas haTorah b'Simcha ub'Pnimiyus!!";

as the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Z'chuso Yagen Aleinu, was acoustamed to wish people with the oncoming of Zman Mattan Toraseinu;

during which he also urged that EVERYONE, even small infants, should be present in Shul during the reading of the Asseres haDibros, based on a medrash that each and every year, during that reading on Sh'vuos, it is considered as if we are actualy recieving the Torah right now from Hashem, hearing the Asseres haDibros from Moshe Rabeinu on Har Sinnai!!

Re: jack-veiter 25 May 2012 20:18 #138359

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
you know the rorschack inkblot test? well, what do you think i'd see in every blot? give you 1 guess. that's what happened to my mind over 40 years.
THE GOOD NEWS:since joinign GYE and learning to stqay away from the really bad stuff, my learning has improved tremendously! rabbi twersky says a cheshbon hanefesh includes the positivce side as well, not only the negative.a balance sheet has 2 columns - debit & CREDIT.he tells us not to forget the positive side.
gut yom tov to all my worthy friends at GYE! and even the ones who THINK they are unworthy (not true at ALL).if you are here, you are worthy.
jack

Re: jack-veiter 07 Jun 2012 18:32 #139061

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
i've been thinking about what you all said.i'm holding back still.
you know, i've worked on other things in my life, and it took 20 years to totally turn around, and i have.and i heard the same number of years from a friend of mine on tough work HE did on himself.that sound like a long time, and it is.but it's a process.and hopefully the Creator gives us enough time.i'm 3 months away from my 4 year involvement with GYE.and boy have i come a long way.but yes, i have a long way to go-i give myself a blessing - KOT!

Re: jack-veiter 08 Jun 2012 16:23 #139122

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
amen!
it's a process. and no one but you can know when the time to take the next step is.
it should be with mazel and brocha

p.s. please ask Guard for another great niggun for the 4-year-bash
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: jack-veiter 08 Jun 2012 16:33 #139123

• E-Tek
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Gold Boarder
jack wrote on 25 May 2012 20:18:

you know the rorschack inkblot test? well, what do you think i'd see in every blot? give you 1 guess. that's what happened to my mind over 40 years.
THE GOOD NEWS:since joinign GYE and learning to stqay away from the really bad stuff, my learning has improved tremendously! rabbi twersky says a cheshbon hanefesh includes the positivce side as well, not only the negative.a balance sheet has 2 columns - debit & CREDIT.he tells us not to forget the positive side.

R' Simcha Ellis besheim Rav Chaim Shmulevitz ZTZ"L:
"Oy to someone who doesn't know his chesronos. OY VAVOI to someone who doesn't know his Mailos."
Have a great Shabbos! I'm inspired by you!
Meir

Re: jack-veiter 08 Jun 2012 17:54 #139135

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
well, i certainly know my chesronos--

now, a cause for celebration!!!! i have no desire to see the upcoming movie about john gotti!!! now i love reading about the mafia - but i know it will be filled with shmutz, just like everything else that comes out of hollywood. before pesach, reb guard 'made me' throw out all my movies, in honor of biur chometz.as a direct result of that action, i am no longer interested in hollywood movies!!! thanks to r' guard once again for not letting me slip away, which he could easily have done when i had difficult times.but he understood that it's a difficult battle, and that's why i am still around, going step by step.maybe I'm niot G-d's gift to addicts, but always going forward, thanks to GYE.
by the way, the story is told about r'chaim pinchas sheinberg zt'l that he gave a kiddush when he was no longer interested in baseball.so, when's the next kiddush?
another by the way - this is my first major stride since my last one, 3 years ago.so, things take time.

Re: jack-veiter 11 Jun 2012 13:31 #139221

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
just to keep things honest, how do i even KNOW there's an upcoming movie? because i'm still chained to secular news.eventuall, that will depart from me, too.i have to 'die' slowly, you know.
jack

Re: jack-veiter 27 Jun 2012 14:43 #140377

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
ATTENTION ATTENTION!!

r' guard is a murderer! that's right - he's trying to murder my yetzer hara - a slow death.so he's a torturer, too.
first, he takes away the bread, meat and potatoes (p* and m*) - which is the staple of any diet and ensures the yetzer hara stays alive and well.then he takes away the fruit and vegetables (secular movies) which ensures good health. and finally, he's trying to take away the desert (secular newspapers).
a murderer, i tell you!
jack

Re: jack-veiter 28 Jun 2012 01:13 #140431

• E-Tek
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Gold Boarder
Wow! You mean R' Guard is giving you things that are meaningful to replace the things that are wastes of time and dangerous to boot?
WOW!!
R' Guard, can you help me too?
Oh, right. See the Kosher Isle.
Thanks, I'm setting sail immediately!

Re: jack-veiter 28 Jun 2012 13:09 #140474

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
couldn't have put it better myself.in korach, the people said to moshe 'you killed the nation of Hashem'. well, they were wrong - G-d did not kill the nation of Hashem, He killed the ENEMIES of HASHEM!

Re: jack-veiter 28 Jun 2012 15:07 #140498

Choshuveh vort, Jack. It set me thinking that perhaps Korach tried to twist the truth. Because Rashi says (Bamidbar 10:35), Who are the enemies of Hashem? Those who are enemies of His nation.

משנאיך, אלו שונאי ישראל שכל השונא את ישראל שונא את מי שאמר והיה העולם שנא' (תהלים פג) ומשנאיך נשאו ראש ומי הם על עמך יערימו סוד

So when Hashem killed the "enemies of Hashem", He killed the "enemies of the nation of Hashem". And Korach shortened that phrase and said, He killed the "nation of Hashem". (Hope that wasn't too deep.)

MT

Re: jack-veiter 28 Jun 2012 19:42 #140528

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
great vort

glad you fell in with such a choshuve murderer
we should all be zocheh
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: jack-veiter 29 Jun 2012 15:32 #140587

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
i wish i could meet you guys - you're all the greatest!

when i met elya, and kedusha, and some others, it was really great! when i see some people in shul that were at elyas meeting here, i feel connected to the healing - and i was worried that they would see me.it turned out BETTER for me to see them.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes