Welcome, Guest

The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 9273 Views

The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 26 Aug 2011 10:09 #116522

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Two years ago on Rosh Chodesh Elul "Kedusha" suggested an ingenious plan to help others reach 90 days - while helping GYE at the same time (see chizuk e-mail #561 on this page).

Sponsors: Choose someone from this forum who wants an incentive to make it to 90 days, and commit to donate $90 to GYE if that person makes it to 90 days clean. This will give your sponsee an added incentive to make the effort (because he won't want GYE to lose out on much needed help!)

Sponsees: If you want to have an added incentive to make it to 90 days yourself and take up this challenge, please post the following information on this board:

1) How many days you've been clean (at least 3, but no more than 30),

2) A brief summary of your recent status (successes and failures),

3) Whether you have an Internet filter without access to the password,

4) Your pledge to post honest reports of your status at least twice weekly on "Wall of Honor" section of the forum.

5) Your game plan for making it to 90 days without falling (you need one - otherwise, GYE stands to lose out on the $90!).

Please Choose one of the following 4 choices:
1. I want to be a sponsor (I want to donate $90 for someone else's 90 days)
2. I want to be a sponsee (I want someone to donate $90 to GYE for my 90 days)
3. I want to be both a sponsor (for someone else) and a sponsee (someone else should donate for my 90 days)
4. I want to be my own sponsor (i.e. I commit to donate $90 to GYE if I make it to 90 days)

In the merit of motivating another person, you will surely see siyata di'shmaya in your own struggle as well. And what more beautiful way can there be to enter Elul than to encourage another Jew to purify himself - at the same time as helping GYE continue to inspire hundreds of others!

Le'taher eschem mikol chatoseichem... Lifnei Hashem Ti'Taharu!

Start your 90 day journey TODAY!

Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 26 Aug 2011 11:25 by .

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 26 Aug 2011 10:13 #116523

• the.guard
I got the following e-mail from SiyataDishmaya who is looking for choice 3, i.e. To sponsor someone else, and for someone to sponsor him:

In a nutshell: I recently fell and finally admitted complete and utter powerlessness and have a strong will - buried deep inside, but working on bringing it to the surface.
I fall...get up....fall....get up....I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I want to break the cycle more than anything (well if that were really really true, would I be struggling as much as I am...so I guess I want to get to the point where sobriety from this disease is my top priority)

1) How many days you've been clean (at least 3, but no more than 30):
On Friday I have 3 days clean IY"H.

2) A brief summary of your recent status (successes and failures):
Kind of summed it up in the opening paragraph. Success: Blocked my computer with K-9 (about 4 months ago). That was a big step for me. A friend has the password so I can't get around it. I got Light of Ephraim and started reading it.
I joined Elya's call group a while ago but fell off it. I plan start again very soon as it was a big help. I have a really positive attitude and believe in the power of Hashem and know He is rooting for me.

Failures: I'm so addicted. Such a shmutz ball. I make every rationalization in the world. A million excuses but not one good reason right? Every time I fall I regret it so much. Say tikkun haklali, go to the mikvah...and i'm right back in the grips as soon as I get my hands on a computer. Even as I write this, I'm lusting. I'm super sick and I need GYE, but I know I can do it. I am the furthest away from "meaiesh" that one can be.

3) Whether you have an Internet filter without access to the password:
Yes.

4) Your pledge to post honest reports of your status at least twice weekly on "Wall of Honor" section of the forum:
I pledge to post twice weekly throughout my 90 day journey

5) Your game plan for making it to 90 days without falling (you need one - otherwise, GYE stands to lose out on the $90!):

MY SUCCESS GAMEPLAN
1. Elya's phone group once a week.
2. Read Daily Chizuk every morning on GYE. On Fri morning, take a double portion :-)
3. Share on GYE forum twice a week
4. Read the GYE handbook. Finish it all in 3 weeks and start again.
5. When I reach 90 days, PAY IT FORWARD and get myself someone to sponsor.
6. Journal every night about progress...i do this already.
7. If i miss any of these things I MUST give $25.00 to tzedaka

Please Choose one of the following 4 choices:
Choice 3. I want to sponsor someone and I also want to be sponsored.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 26 Aug 2011 14:11 by .

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 30 Aug 2011 20:20 #116974

• Yossi.L.
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Siyata Dishmaya: I would like to be your sponsor, and I would like for you to be my sponsee. Reb Guard Your Eyes; how do we do this?
Last Edit: by .

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 30 Aug 2011 20:28 #116976

• the.guard
I sent him an e-mail... Thanks!

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 04 Sep 2011 20:06 #117573

• Mordechai
Dear reb Guard your eyes,

I would like te be a sponsor for someone to help him reach 90 days. I just don't know who I could be sponsoring...
Can you help me? 

Mordechai

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 05 Sep 2011 15:37 #117649

• the.guard
Rabbosai, we have a sponsor here... Does anyone want to take up the challenge?

If yes, please answer the following questions:

1) How many days you've been clean (at least 3, but no more than 30),

2) A brief summary of your recent status (successes and failures),

3) Whether you have an Internet filter without access to the password,

4) Your pledge to post honest reports of your status at least twice weekly on "Wall of Honor" section of the forum.

5) Your game plan for making it to 90 days without falling (you need one - otherwise, GYE stands to lose out on the $90!).

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 03 Oct 2011 09:07 #120802

• milehashem
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I'll be the sponsee.  After all, it IS all about the money!

I've been clean 14 days.

Now that I clap my way out of the sudden urge to look, I can always stop myself.

I have access to completely unfiltered Internet every day.  This is irrelevant for me, as the stuff I used to look at was accessible even on filtered Internet.

I pledge, bli neder, to always be honest about my status and to update the "wall of honor" at least twice a week.

My game plan - clap!  clap until the urge passes, or my hands are in too much pain to do the aveirah. 

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 18 Oct 2011 18:15 #122112

• segway613
heyy i could really use a sponsor! it will help me trendously!! Iv been clean for a week and have constant struggles. Thx

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 26 Oct 2011 04:51 #122734

• wishing for the real me
Can I choose whom I want to sponsor me?
Last Edit: 26 Oct 2011 19:10 by .

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 26 Oct 2011 19:10 #122874

• wishing for the real me
I guess I can.
Last Edit: 26 Oct 2011 23:04 by .

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 27 Oct 2011 02:21 #122962

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
Of course you can. Nobody forces you to do anything on this forum. Check out my reply to your original post..............

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 31 Oct 2011 19:51 #123568

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I would like to be a sponsor.

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 02 Nov 2011 14:14 #123850

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 31 Oct 2011 19:51:

I would like to be a sponsor.

Anybody want to be a sponsee?

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 03 Nov 2011 18:04 #124142

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
I am a sponsor for someone and recently he hasn't been returning any of my personal messages. Im hoping he didn't fall but it seems like it. But there's no repines from him. Maybe as part of a profile everyone should give a " emergency contact" who we can get in touch with in such circumstances. Is that a little to much or just right?

Re: The "$90 for 90 days" Golden Plan 06 Nov 2011 19:42 #124449

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
Does anyone know of any all male SA meetings in brooklyn or the 5 towns?
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes