Welcome, Guest

My 90 day journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My 90 day journey 1151 Views

My 90 day journey 23 May 2011 19:46 #106655

I just started today. By accident i am starting at three days as i have been clean for 3 days without thinking about it until i was lucky enough to bump into this site today. I have got filters up and going on my computers. I am very nervous... i already feel like i did on the first day i stopped smoking. I am very determined to make this work. Its amazing the relief i felt even just upon installing my filters. I really think i should install a monitoring softwarev- i just have noone im comfortable with to let them in this. Is there a GYE Rabbi?
It will be a battle i havent had a day in my adult life - 17 years withouot addiction. As ive seen on other posts the best thing in the world for me would to able to klap al chait on yom kippur and feel like wow maybe hashem now knows i mean it.

I would love chizuk in this matter - i feel if i do this my life and all my avodas hakodesh will grow by leap and bounds...
Last Edit: by .

Re: My 90 day journey 24 May 2011 13:38 #106707

Last night was my first night since starting.. and it was the first time in many years where i didnt commit yichud with me and my computer thanks to the new filtering installed. Bli Ayin Hara my excitement of the project allowed me yesterday to totally squash yesterdays yetzer hara. I know today will be a brand new and stronger yetzer hara. Lets see what happens....

Re: My 90 day journey 24 May 2011 18:56 #106750

• musicman
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
You already have plenty of tools to work with, as you already vanquished one addiction. That's already worlds better than than most of us. You should get the hang of this in no time.

I'm at my first whole clean week in years, and it feels undeniably liberating. Take it one day at a time, and you'll feel like a new person in no time at all!

Re: My 90 day journey 24 May 2011 19:17 #106753

• heuni memass
Yourkillingit Welcome.

You joined. You installed filters. Now start posting your feelings. Dont go at it yourself. When it hits you - call someone. Dont fight it yourself its impossible the monster is bigger then us.

I give you tons of credit. Please read the handbooks.

Re: My 90 day journey 26 May 2011 15:06 #106982

I had originally asked for 2 k9 licenses for my 2 computers and one of the licenses didnt work and it took 2 days for them to get me new one.. and i fell very hard in those 2 days.. im hoping for much better results now with the filters in both my comouters. Ivreally could use a sponsor i think it would be a great benefit of some1 who can help me when struggling. also does anyone know a good filter for Andriod phones?

Re: My 90 day journey 26 May 2011 15:15 #106986

• TheJester
itskillingme wrote on 26 May 2011 15:06:
also does anyone know a good filter for Andriod phones?

Mobispy, or something similar, plus an accountability partner who is willing to be active in checking you up is your best bet.

Re: My 90 day journey 26 May 2011 15:20 #106987

• heuni memass
Dont think about the past!  This is the number one rule - The Y"H Goal is when one falls to throw him in too self shame untill he doesn't want to get back up. (most of us have experienced that already in the past) You fell- big deal. YOu are on the right path and in the right place. Dont look back- dont think about it. period.

Are you holding the passwords to the K9 filters? if yes its worthless. give em away.  A good idea would be to have covenant eyes as well or some other accountability software.

Remember- you are not going for the Grand slam your tring to get on to first base. Its called focus on today! not yesterday and not tomorrow. you will think about tomorrow when its tomorrow.

How about calling in to one of the phone groups? I know they have been pairing guys up on the calls so you can have someone to be in touch with. there is one at 12 noon est today.

Re: My 90 day journey 06 Jun 2011 21:53 #108235

It's been a while? How are you doing? How are you progressing on you journey?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes