Welcome, Guest

new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 13824 Views

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 13 Oct 2009 09:01 #22900

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
7Up wrote on 12 Oct 2009 20:43:

bardichev wrote on 12 Oct 2009 20:32:

YES I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

LITVISH TYPES ARE TAUGHT TO BE "LESS''  EXPRESSIVE WITH THIER FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS

THEY ARE REWARDED BY DEEP AND ANALYTICAL THOUGHT DILIGENCE AND SELF SACRIFICE AND DEPENDING ON WHICH SCHOOL OF THOUGHT WITHIN THE THE YESHIVAH SYSTEM IT CAN BE PERCIEVED AS "SHTULTS" =SELF-ESTEEM OR SELF DEPRECIATION AND DEEP INTROSPECTION AND BORDERS ON THE EDGES OF ATZVUS

CHASSIDIM WHO ARE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE YESHIVAH WORLD LOOKING IN
NEED TO USE A KEEN EYE AND NOTT BE TOO JUDGEMENTAL
THE LITVISH WORLD HAD WITHIN IT AND HAS WITHIN IT
TREMENDOUS GEDOLAI OILAM WHO POSSES ALLTHE MIDDOS AND MAALOS THE CHASSIDIM STRIVE FOR
WHY DO THEY "SEEM" COLD WHY DONT THEY "TZIFLAKKER" BY NISHMAS
HEY THESE QUESTIONS ALL HAVE ANSWERS

CHASSIDISH TYPES ARE USUALLY MORE EXPRESSIVE WITH TEIR FEELINGS AND MORE OPEN TO INCLUDE OTHERS IN THEIR CIRCLE
THEY ARE REWARDED ALSO BY DILIGENCE AND SELFSACRIFICE BUT ADDED TO THAT THE SHTULTS IS NOT THERE ON A INDIVIDUAL BASIS IT IS MORE GENERAL AS A PRIDE IN BELONGING TO A CERTAIN REBBE ETC.

YESHIVISH TYPES WHO ARE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
ALSO NEED TO USE A KEEN EYE AND NOT BE TOO JUDGEMENTAL
THE CHASSIDSHE WORLD HAS WITHIN IT MASMIDIM AND LOMDIM THAT WOULD MAKE ANY ROSH YESHIVAH PROUD
WHY DO THE DAVEN LATE AND WHY WOULD A MASMID LEAVE HIS GEMARA TO GO TO HIS REBBES 'TISH'
HEY THESE QUESTIONS ALL HAVE ANSWERS

What a beautiful post.
Now if we can all internalize it, mashiach wou
ld be here

You can say that again!
Things are much bigger and go beyond the litvish/yeshiva world and chassidishe world as well, let' not forget that.
Did you ever hear of Mashiach's hat?
Last Edit: by growingnow.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 13 Oct 2009 09:06 #22901

• Sturggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Holy,

I find that awareness is a big step in recovery and I'm not always too good at it, shkoyach on your "confessions". I understand them as, I am aware and I am keeping track of myself and what's going on with me.

Shkoyach on 70! In terms of perspective..., everyday for me is hard. When I'm not out of my mind, I can remember that Hashem is always helping me and always there. Also, and seriously, one day at a time. I find this difficult, don't always get it, but I think it's really the emes. There is nothing like this moment, right here, right now.
Last Edit: by testtimezone2.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 13 Oct 2009 21:02 #23097

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
I must admit that the email for hitting 70 saved my life last night. Last night was very rough but thank G-d I am here whole.

I am focusing on living not on escaping or fighting.

Struggle, you got it right with my confessions. I wanted to put that out in public so I will have to face it.

As I get closer to 90 I am wondering what should my focus be. What goal will keep me clean? Maybe try another 90 days.
I realized that I need to focus ON LIVING as Dov always tells us. I am working up the courage to face my life and find ways to have a much more meaningful life. This is a challenge, it requires CHANGE in real ways but I am facing it down.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by sara.l.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 14 Oct 2009 09:07 #23146

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
As I get closer to 90 I am wondering what should my focus be. What goal will keep me clean? Maybe try another 90 days.
I realized that I need to focus ON LIVING as Dov always tells us. I am working up the courage to face my life and find ways to have a much more meaningful life. This is a challenge, it requires CHANGE in real ways but I am facing it down.

Focus on STAYING clean. And then focus on giving back. I find that when I am feeling weak, the knowledge that the GYE family would be thrown by me falling after 90 is a tremendous incentive. But nothing is more important than what Dov says: One day at a time for no-one but yourself - the most important person in the oilam!

Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by ldeyes.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 14 Oct 2009 16:08 #23301

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
7Up wrote on 14 Oct 2009 09:07:

Focus on STAYING clean. And then focus on giving back. I find that when I am feeling weak, the knowledge that the GYE family would be thrown by me falling after 90 is a tremendous incentive. But nothing is more important than what Dov says: One day at a time for no-one but yourself - the most important person in the oilam!

I try to focus on staying clean but I wonder when will I get there when will it end. I guess I am lacking i my acceptance of my problem, but right now it is hard to accept.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by Mini.

Re: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 14 Oct 2009 16:45 #23322

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
It doesnt have to end as the eiver koton will be subdued by then and will let you fight it out alone with the YH
Last Edit: by Shaclone.

Re: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 28 Oct 2009 00:34 #25933

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
I am close to 90, BEH, but i have a problem. From time to time I have these very strange thoughts that I should break my streak because I do not really want to do this 90 day thing. I think I am afraid to really start to be free. I am afraid of having to face the responsiblity of having to deal with life. The muck is firmilair and I hate it but I know it. Being free is strange. It holds new options and oppertunites. I don't know what will happen. I don't know if there are suggestions but I think sharing this will help
Last Edit: by Yiddele.

Re: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 28 Oct 2009 07:28 #25989

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Holy Yid wrote on 28 Oct 2009 00:34:

I am close to 90, BEH, but i have a problem. From time to time I have these very strange thoughts that I should break my streak because I do not really want to do this 90 day thing. I think I am afraid to really start to be free. I am afraid of having to face the responsiblity of having to deal with life. The muck is firmilair and I hate it but I know it. Being free is strange. It holds new options and oppertunites. I don't know what will happen. I don't know if there are suggestions but I think sharing this will help

This is one of the most "interesting" posts I've ever read... hmmm...

I find myself at loss on how to answer this one (and that's a chiddush for me  :D)
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by brownie.

Re: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 28 Oct 2009 11:29 #26020

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
It looks like you are anxious because of the unknown.

You know what, hold it till then and tell the YH that if the next level is too hard you can still break it then c"v.

If you would c"v fall then you are still back to #1 so just keep it up and shut him up! :D
Last Edit: by exercise.

Re: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 28 Oct 2009 14:24 #26032

• the.guard
From time to time I have these very strange thoughts that I should break my streak because I do not really want to do this 90 day thing. I think I am afraid to really start to be free.

The Bne Issachar writes (Derech Pikudecha): “We have a tradition from our fathers that the Yetzer Hara desires more than anything to attack the person through sexual sins, because included in this lust are all the others. And R’ Nachman also writes that these temptations are our main test in life.

It says in the Korbonos: “Zeh Haisheh asher Takrivu LaHashem – This is the fire that you should sacrifice to Hashem”. Ishah means fire, and it also means “a woman”. The biggest sacrifice that a man needs to make in his life for Hashem is zeh Ha’isheh – this desire for women and the fire of lust.

By working on these areas, we ultimately learn to give over our entire heart to Hashem, as the Pasuk says “Bechol Levavcha - with all your heart”. And Chazal say “Bishnei Yitzrecha – with both your inclinations”.

This is a struggle with the deepest human emotions. And therefore, fixing these emotions fixes a person deeper than anything else. That's why it's called Yesod. Hashem is not just telling us not to be dirty. Rather, he is telling us to build ourselves with the things we don’t do. The foundation of a building is underground and no one sees it, but it holds up the entire building. Shmiras Habris is the hidden part of a Jew, it's the real you. And if the foundation of a Jew is weak, his whole spiritual structure is fragile and in grave danger of collapse.

And not only are we fixing ourselves deeply through this struggle, we are also fixing the world. Every generation has its tests, and this is likely the test of our generation. There has never been a time in history where promiscuity and licentiousness filled the world in every corner to the degree that it does in our time. In the generation before Moshiach’s time, we are cleaning out the filth from the very bottom of the barrel. We are doing the final work before the great days that are to come.

Only great souls with immense potential were given this difficult job. So if Hashem gave us this struggle, it means he trusted us with a great mission. This alone should bring us joy and motivation to substantiate His trust. And of-course if we succeed, we will be in the front lines to greet Moshiach!

Besides for all this, addictions only get worse. If you don't want to be free, you will stay in the cycle of sin, sunk in the mud, sinking deeper and deeper until you lose both this world and the world to come.

So maybe you do want to be free, after all? 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Gonzo.

Re: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 29 Oct 2009 10:27 #26187

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Hate to break it to you Holy Yid, but 90 is not magic.

You will still feel triggered at times, still fight falling and all the shmutz. The familiar garbage will still be there to keep you company, unfortunately.

The difference is that now you will be battling without leg shackles holding you down. The 90 days refers to breaking the physical neurological pathways which the addiction pattern created. yh and habit aint going nowhere.

BUt after 90, you will discover the ability to soar, while till now youve been forced to crawl.
And then; the sky's the limit!
Last Edit: by anonyjames.

Re: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 02 Nov 2009 16:45 #26629

• Sturggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Holy Yid wrote on 28 Oct 2009 00:34:

Dear HY,

I just realized, and I don't know if you intended it, buy HY is YH backwards...
Cool...
You have the power!

Anyway, so this post of yours that I quoted above really resonates with me.
I find that realizing this is a huge step.
Then I can ask myself,
What do I have to lose by stepping out of this "muck"?
What does it give me?
What do I stand to gain by leaving it?
What is there for me on the other side?
Now, with looking at all that and being honest with myself,
what do I really want?

Holy Yid,
this is my first post in a while.
I'm wondering how you are doing
and, even if [quote="7Up] 90 is not magic [/quote],
where you are holding.

Hope all is well.

b'ahava,

Sturggle
Last Edit: by Striving Yid.

Re: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 03 Nov 2009 12:57 #26740

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Wow, HY, you even got Sturggle out of his corner!

I like his call on HY versus YH!
Last Edit: by torahtavlin.

Re: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 04 Nov 2009 23:29 #26965

• the.guard
Hey Sturggle, I saw that post. Get out from under the couch! 
Last Edit: by DeletedUser753.

Re: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 20 Dec 2009 01:47 #35912

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
I am BH past 90 days. I started a new thread you can find it here
rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1377.0;topicseen
Last Edit: by boidem.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes