Welcome, Guest

new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 13822 Views

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 02:47 #22601

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
Litvish thought has a strong focus on holiness but it is realized through mundane everyday activities.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by Yyyyyks.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 13:15 #22637

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Litvish thought has a strong focus on holiness, but it is realized through mundane everyday activities

Like smashing the computer... While the chasid uses the computer to make GYE  ;D

P.S. Hey, nothing against Litvaks. I used to be one too. On GYE, we love all yidden, yes, even die-hard-litvaks  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 12 Oct 2009 13:18 by I wanna be very good 1254.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 15:34 #22661

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 12 Oct 2009 13:15:

[q

P.S. Hey, nothing against Litvaks. I used to be one too. On GYE, we love [b]all[/b] yidden, yes, even die-hard-litvaks  :D

I love everyone also. Everyone developing on their own derech, as a part of the whole of Klal Yisroel ,made us beautiful and holy. I believe that most of the princilpes discussed here can  be found in Mussar teachings but at the moment  I don't the time to properly research it and make an intelligent presentation.

זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by bevboy.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 15:43 #22662

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Holy

No wonder I lost my voice, shouting from the other end of the world

I truely admire you for your strength, I doubt I would get the same results  :-[
Last Edit: by Process.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 18:11 #22720

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder

[

P.S. Hey, nothing against Litvaks. I used to be one too.

I am going out on a limb here.

I believe that many of my close friends here misunderstand teshuva. Teshuva is a very deep and developed concept. It is the vehicle of any real change. The concepts of recovery all in line with teshuva.

Dov, don't jump on me yet.

Understanding teshuva is similar to the experience of learning gemara in high school  and then later in your early twenties. The understanding you have of the gemara when you are older makes the learning that you did when you are younger seem like you where learning two different materials. You can't compare the two learnings at all. The depth and development of the suggia  when you are older makes the understanding you had when you where younger look like something completely different.

The same with teshuva. When we were kids we where taught about teshuva. We may have learnt teachings of Chazal and other seferim about teshuva but we did not integrate these concepts into our understanding and practice of teshuva.

No one thinks a kid really understands math like a guy in collage. The same with politics. We need to seek to understand the depths that Chazal teach us about teshuva and apply them.

For some of us we tried to do teshuva as we understood it and failed. To revisit teshuva is too painful at the moment. For you leave teshuva and focus on recovery. But if you can please try to realize that Yiddishkeit has a tremendous amount o depth in it and if we look we can find recovery in Yiddishkeit also.
Last Edit: by Lizzy.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 18:35 #22728

• bardichev
if you are really a die-hard-litvak yuo wont like this joke

but.. if you are only a semi die hard its ok

A REBBE IN EY (ANON) ASKED A BOCHUR FROM THE MIR

IN THE LITVISHE YESHIVOS THEY ARE MIDAYEKK ON EVERY WORD AND LETTER OF TORAH.

BOCHUR: YES OF COURSE

REBBE: IF SO HOW DO THEY "TEIESH" THE MISHNAH BEN SHMONEH ESRAI LECHUPPA?

BOCHUR: IN THE YESHIVOS THEY DAVEN A"LANGER SHEMONEH ESRAEI"

REBBE: YES INDEED,BUT SOMETIMES IF YOU DAVEN A LANGER SHMENEH ESRAI YOU CAN MISS "KEDUSHAH'
Last Edit: by jacob822109.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 19:05 #22743

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder

. On GYE, we love all yidden, yes, even die-hard-litvaks  :D

Litvaks don't need love only logic.
Last Edit: by SAY.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 19:32 #22756

• bardichev
Litvaks don't need love only logic.

I HAVE HEARD THAT BEFORE

I DO NOT BUY THAT

YESS THEY TRY TO MAKE IT WORK

BUT.. BUT.. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO A YESHIVAH ON PURIM?

ALL EVERYONE WANTS IS LOVE ACCEPTANCE ATTENTOIN APPRECIATION

YUP THE NORMAL STUFF

HEY I KNOW MY LITVAKS I KNOW MY CHASSIDIM I LIVE IN BOTH WORLDS 'BIG TIME'
Last Edit: by heidi.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 20:01 #22777

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe they need deeper love.
Last Edit: by .

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 20:11 #22782

• bardichev
MAYBE??

WE ALL DO
Last Edit: by Closer.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 20:17 #22784

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't mean from a deep place I mean from a developed perspective.

I don't have anything against anyone. I

LOVE

LOVE

you all.
Last Edit: 12 Oct 2009 20:21 by guardyoureyesYeshuaJesus.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 20:32 #22798

• bardichev
YES I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

LITVISH TYPES ARE TAUGHT TO BE "LESS''  EXPRESSIVE WITH THIER FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS

THEY ARE REWARDED BY DEEP AND ANALYTICAL THOUGHT DILIGENCE AND SELF SACRIFICE AND DEPENDING ON WHICH SCHOOL OF THOUGHT WITHIN THE THE YESHIVAH SYSTEM IT CAN BE PERCIEVED AS "SHTULTS" =SELF-ESTEEM OR SELF DEPRECIATION AND DEEP INTROSPECTION AND BORDERS ON THE EDGES OF ATZVUS

CHASSIDIM WHO ARE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE YESHIVAH WORLD LOOKING IN
NEED TO USE A KEEN EYE AND NOTT BE TOO JUDGEMENTAL
THE LITVISH WORLD HAD WITHIN IT AND HAS WITHIN IT
TREMENDOUS GEDOLAI OILAM WHO POSSES ALLTHE MIDDOS AND MAALOS THE CHASSIDIM STRIVE FOR
WHY DO THEY "SEEM" COLD WHY DONT THEY "TZIFLAKKER" BY NISHMAS
HEY THESE QUESTIONS ALL HAVE ANSWERS

CHASSIDISH TYPES ARE USUALLY MORE EXPRESSIVE WITH TEIR FEELINGS AND MORE OPEN TO INCLUDE OTHERS IN THEIR CIRCLE
THEY ARE REWARDED ALSO BY DILIGENCE AND SELFSACRIFICE BUT ADDED TO THAT THE SHTULTS IS NOT THERE ON A INDIVIDUAL BASIS IT IS MORE GENERAL AS A PRIDE IN BELONGING TO A CERTAIN REBBE ETC.

YESHIVISH TYPES WHO ARE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
ALSO NEED TO USE A KEEN EYE AND NOT BE TOO JUDGEMENTAL
THE CHASSIDSHE WORLD HAS WITHIN IT MASMIDIM AND LOMDIM THAT WOULD MAKE ANY ROSH YESHIVAH PROUD
WHY DO THE DAVEN LATE AND WHY WOULD A MASMID LEAVE HIS GEMARA TO GO TO HIS REBBES 'TISH'
Last Edit: by Siked1234.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 20:43 #22809

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
bardichev wrote on 12 Oct 2009 20:32:

YES I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

LITVISH TYPES ARE TAUGHT TO BE "LESS''  EXPRESSIVE WITH THIER FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS

THEY ARE REWARDED BY DEEP AND ANALYTICAL THOUGHT DILIGENCE AND SELF SACRIFICE AND DEPENDING ON WHICH SCHOOL OF THOUGHT WITHIN THE THE YESHIVAH SYSTEM IT CAN BE PERCIEVED AS "SHTULTS" =SELF-ESTEEM OR SELF DEPRECIATION AND DEEP INTROSPECTION AND BORDERS ON THE EDGES OF ATZVUS

CHASSIDIM WHO ARE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE YESHIVAH WORLD LOOKING IN
NEED TO USE A KEEN EYE AND NOTT BE TOO JUDGEMENTAL
THE LITVISH WORLD HAD WITHIN IT AND HAS WITHIN IT
TREMENDOUS GEDOLAI OILAM WHO POSSES ALLTHE MIDDOS AND MAALOS THE CHASSIDIM STRIVE FOR
WHY DO THEY "SEEM" COLD WHY DONT THEY "TZIFLAKKER" BY NISHMAS

CHASSIDISH TYPES ARE USUALLY MORE EXPRESSIVE WITH TEIR FEELINGS AND MORE OPEN TO INCLUDE OTHERS IN THEIR CIRCLE
THEY ARE REWARDED ALSO BY DILIGENCE AND SELFSACRIFICE BUT ADDED TO THAT THE SHTULTS IS NOT THERE ON A INDIVIDUAL BASIS IT IS MORE GENERAL AS A PRIDE IN BELONGING TO A CERTAIN REBBE ETC.

YESHIVISH TYPES WHO ARE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
ALSO NEED TO USE A KEEN EYE AND NOT BE TOO JUDGEMENTAL
THE CHASSIDSHE WORLD HAS WITHIN IT MASMIDIM AND LOMDIM THAT WOULD MAKE ANY ROSH YESHIVAH PROUD
WHY DO THE DAVEN LATE AND WHY WOULD A MASMID LEAVE HIS GEMARA TO GO TO HIS REBBES 'TISH'

What a beautiful post.
Now if we can all internalize it, mashiach would be here
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by elyvines.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Oct 2009 23:28 #22846

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder

I have three confessions to make.

1. I spend way too much online. I have things to do but I spend the time online. Does that make me an internet addict?

2. I  have been careless twice in the last week. That almost brought me to falling. That would have been a big setback in my life. If I had fallen I do not know if I could have stopped a downward spiral. That would have hurt me allot and disrupted my life ALLOT. I am glad I held back back, but I could have been more careful. My excessive time online is in large part why I came to these carelessness.

3. I got upset at myself for being so careless. This can cause me to fall also.
Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009 00:35 by .

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 13 Oct 2009 07:17 #22885

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
I got to 70 days today. For the pat few days it has only been getting harder. The 70 day email was a big help and I found the story of Jack. At times I feel like I might lose part of my mind or justslip back into the old ways. I know that in a year I will be  very happy that I held out. I know that I am looking to escape something and the pull is just a path to run from life.  There is  BH much good in my life and I see from the others here that G-d was kind to me that I did not fall farther than I did. All this not withstanding I am asking for some persective on this from anyone. I think the histerya that often is the tone of these kind of posts is counterproductive for me. If I act like I am loosing it then it is much more likely that I will.  This is not a philisophical piece, I sent out IMs for help.
Last Edit: by ghazinourali.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes